New Articulator I Tried Out

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
This is the best thing since sliced bread. Saved me hours in the model room. This thing is as or more rigid than my brass articulators.
alh5.googleusercontent.com__2f_GOAbtNr8_TebE8Mte3MI_AAAAAAAAEjI_cNI3w13_D00_s128_photo.jpg

I got it from a distributor named Norton Dental Supply. Never seen them before so I thought you guys may be interested.

Jason
alh5.googleusercontent.com__2f_GOAbtNr8_TebE8Mte3MI_AAAAAAAAEjI_cNI3w13_D00_s128_photo.jpg

Last edited:
C

charles007

Reaction score
And the winning articulator is ?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Smart Articulator I believe is what they are calling it. He brought one in for me to try and I just told him to send a box. Took about 30 sec as opposed to the normal plaster mount I was doing for cases without distal stops. Comes in twi sizes but so far I only need the smaller one(The one in the pic). Saves quite a bit of weight as well as much lower profile with a clean look. I rarely brag this much about a product but this one really impressed me. Just had my model worker of two years go A wall so this has been a life saver.

I am using my MobileMe account to post pics on here and they don't seem to show up unless I log into my MobileMe account when I am online?? Anyone know about this??

Jason

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Looks like a fancy Galetti to me, if that is it.

Jason, we are not seeing any picture that you are referring too.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Sorry guys having trouble with MobileMe. Moved pic to picasa so should be ok, just smaller than before.

It works great with the Vertex bases.

A

AL1

Reaction score
Can`t find them on Norton website.
How much are they?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The plastic version?

The metal one looked heavy and expensive.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Interesting, can you take a picture with a mounted case. Looks like a traditional vertex base former would work.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Sure will Rob. Post a few more pics tomorrow. It is a very rigid high quality feeling plastic. I payed a buck a piece for them but I just purchased 50 regular and 50 large. I mounted about 10 in the time it would have taken just to get the plaster mixed up and starting to mount 1 case. I mounted a quadrant with 3 posterior preps and only 4 teeth opposing each other. Pushed down on the back of the model over the preps and it did not budge. Very nice working with a case minus the weight of the brass and plaster.

AL1, he may not have them on there yet. I think it is a pretty new product for him.

A

AL1

Reaction score
Thanks, when you get more info, please post.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Large pk of 50 were 49.95 and small pk of 50 were 44.95. The screws are 14.95 for 100.
The large model # is 610-PSA1 and the small is 610-PSA3.

I will post pics of both sizes beside a standard brass articulator a little later today.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
I picked up some samples of these at lab day in chicago. I believe the company I got them from was meta dental corp. They worked out nicely on cases where you need something besides a vertex hinge.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jason, that's exactly what I and others wanted to see. Those should give Orbix a run for there money :p

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I am pressing some Emax for a lab that uses Orbix and nothing against that manufacturer but they cant compete with these in my opinion. I have trouble with Docs returning my articulators(Tried charging them and crediting them back when returned but what a pain and it ticks them off as well) and this will take that headache away as well.

Let me know if I can give you guys some more info.

Jason

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I can disengauge an Orbix with one hand while building up.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Those are nice.

I wonder how they hold up to acetone?

I reuse all my vertex. I break them off the model and put them in acetone and it removes all the glue.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Ill stick one in tomorrow Al. and let you know. I hear ya rkm rdt, I have them come apart on me often when I don't want them too;).

Top Bottom