We recently got a Nobel Kavo LS3 scanner

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
As the first exoplan reseller in usa, and as an 8yr reseller of exocad....i can strongly say that exocad can do anything 3shape can do and more. Including making your own implant library and beyond.

You are dreaming and kidding yourself to say otherwise šŸ˜²

Dreaming of Farrah Fawcett maybe... Zing!

One feature that is missing in ExoCAD is controlling the root length in digital denture design. 3Shape has it and I wish ExoCAD did. I'm sure they are working on it.

But this is not a thread about ExoCAD, man, that is a bummer about the Kavo scanner. After some googling it looks like its a smart optics scanner, I always heard good things about their hardware, maybe it will be fixed with a software update? I'm not sure why they would let it be released if that's really all it is. Maybe its a lemon?

Good luck @harmonylab , thank you for sharing

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
As the first exoplan reseller in usa, and as an 8yr reseller of exocad....i can strongly say that exocad can do anything 3shape can do and more. Including making your own implant library and beyond.

You are dreaming and kidding yourself to say otherwise šŸ˜²

it's like, you know next to nothing about 3shape. hey, we want to do hiossen implant planning. oh, wait... can't do that on exocad. it actually doesn't have very many libraries available. we also would like to do clear aligners. oh, wait... can't do that either on exocad either. how about opening a finished case and undoing a bunch of steps? no? ivoclar digital dentures and cam integration? not available? design and send Nobel cases directly to them? automatic downloads of the software and materials? ability to install clients anywhere and run it anywhere without moving around the dongle? need I go on? seriously, what was that nonsense about exocad being able to do everything 3shape can do and more? your claim is ludicrous and I'm someone who prefers exocad.

E

erzdaemon

Reaction score
Any possibility you can set mesh output density in your LS3 scanning software? Looks like one can see the triangles :D
Maybe there is a setting to reduce the size of output files?

Actually are there maybe even settings in 3Shape Scan Server ( or any scanning software actually ) which affect the number/detail of triangles used in the output file or scan quality in general, just wondering? edit: ofc found in scanit/scanserver

cheers

Last edited:
desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Man that's a bummer, at least they said they'll take it back. I still cant believe companies are getting away with selling such closed systems. If I may ask - why did you choose that scanner ? Id run for the hills as soon as i saw Nobel's name on it.... or straumann for that matter. Ive had bad experiences with both companies.