Identica Blue + STEINBICHLER SCAN ST II + Yena DC40

F

fleshfly

Reaction score
The blue is completly different from the medit much much stronger! Also the lines it project are perfect! i mean ultra defined!
The first time i made a scan i saw the image and thought it was nice, but after it process the mesh the image gets a reall boost.

Like i told one pass! no extra scans!

01.png

Scott whats the smallest burs you use with straumann non engaging ?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hi guys, its been busy days...

We have finally our yena and scan stii!!
Just a note on the medit, it was very nice. Everything i made with it was perfect incluing a bar. Just made one bar but very nice passive fitting.

So the new toys.
View attachment 16048
A simple thing about Scan st ii... is the best scanner i have ever tried!
Im very happy i bought it! Its not the fastest, its fast enough, but the image quality is outstanding! Just one pass and the scan markers look like 3d drawing. Very few data void. I will post pictures tomorrow not at the office. Using exoscan is very easy to work! DDG scan markers are also very good!
Just hade the time to make one bar with it (started working with it this monday) and it was also very good passive fitting already made with dc40.

View attachment 16049

View attachment 16050

The dc40 is great, im only working with it since wednesday but i see precision. Working with a new version of picasoft not yet avaiable. The software looks nice easy to do your own strategys but yet a lot to learn in every way (software and miller, i dint even new what was a refractometer until last week :) only i can say for sure about the miller is that i like the results. I will post picturs.

We work a lot with straumann and for the guys that allready mill metal with this implants im sure you also think they hard to mill. Im using 8 tolls for it. Whats the smallest burs you use with this implant? Im trying to fine tune this connection so we can have the best fitting. what library to mill are you guys using?
View attachment 16051 Ali Erken for those ho dont know him, at my lab wen we were trying to see the best way to mill this wile we set up the machine for the first time.

Happy for you my friend !!! Is that Fatih I can see ? He came for the installment ? DC40 is a great machine , the best value for money mill out there IMO . You will be really happy with it . The new CAM software is awesome , I am getting it this week for testing .

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
The blue is completly different from the medit much much stronger! Also the lines it project are perfect! i mean ultra defined!
The first time i made a scan i saw the image and thought it was nice, but after it process the mesh the image gets a reall boost.

Like i told one pass! no extra scans!

Scott whats the smallest burs you use with straumann non engaging ?

I too really like the Steinbichler, but we also use the medit all day long for regular C&B.
Medit is fine for 99% of our work. Only bars and screw-retained bridges need to go into the Stein.
We have some tools around 0.3mm

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I too really like the Steinbichler, but we also use the medit all day long for regular C&B.
Medit is fine for 99% of our work. Only bars and screw-retained bridges need to go into the Stein.

Have you tried using Medit Blue for screw retained and bars Scott ?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, we have many customers with the White and Blue sending bars.

So far, is all good. ?

We make sure customers are using maximum amount of scan markers during scanning.

No moving only One markers around and re-scanning over and over.

If customers do not purchase enough markers to scan all at same time, then OK there may be issues!

I never tried this.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I understand . I am thinking of buying the Blue , because I might return the GC scanner back to them . So I am on the search again .

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
no.;)

Scanning chamber is rediculously small with cameras jammed up to object too close, the price....ah, did I mention the stupid high initial price and re-occuring prices? AND it is too expensive. LOL

You post a pic of many scan-markers then.....

I doubt as accurate as Steinbichler Blue. No way!

3Shape is no longer King. Their Laser-turds stink Tyler, sorry. Maybe D900 is catching up, but I dunno?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Four camera blue light....

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Good for you! LOL

Still sucks-a55 and is waaaay over priced piece of plastic Jason.

The cost! and then more $$$

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Good for you! LOL

Still sucks-a55 and is waaaay over priced piece of plastic Jason.

The cost! and then more $$$
Thats right but they have a i call it matching or photogrametry plate this might be an additional option for every scanner. Scotty you know the korean guys kick them in the a... to construct and sell it as additional feature for implants, but better constructed as the danish.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Your right Scott, good for me. Perfect fits and super fast scan and design times. You get what you pay for. I'm looking at value. Not price alone. Your Steinbichler cost more than my D900....

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
When's the last time you used a D900 Scott? Just curious what your "OPINION" is based on? Making sure it's an educated opinion... That's all..

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
D900 is too expensive for me . 32.000 euros plus 23% tax = 40 k euros . And I have to add 1500 euros every year for the software rent . Too much . I want to add another mill this year , a yenadent D15 . For 40 k I am getting the scanner AND the small mill . In any case , D900 is the only 3shape I would buy , and it is too expensive for my pocket . I haven't seen the blue in action yet , that's why I am curious . I have heard about 7 microns accuracy for the Blue , which is ok for my needs .

My main question is if there is any way of accurate transfer of the occlusion from analog to digital . So far , I can't say I am happy with that , with either of my two scanners . I am doing lots of full arches and FMR , so I need something accurate . GC scanner has failed to do that . Its design won't let it do it . The most accurate way I can think is by scanning the articulator itself . Other than the Zirkonzahn , SmartOptics 885 and ZFX evolution scanners , is there any other scanners out there that can do that ? I saw a plate for medit and Artex articulators . Does it work ?

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
How is the Medit's accuracy for designing single screw retained implants?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
no. My price was not even 1/2 the cost of a D900 for my new One Jason.

Also, I just bought another Steinbichler for only $4000 from Mitch Dental in Kansas last week! LOL

Buying them as fast as I can, then disassemble...clean/paint/add exocad....BOOM!

I have even another One coming in soon....I buy/sell them with exocad. Probably could sell Three or Four for the cost of a D900.
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink ;););););););););););):D

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
D900 is too expensive for me . 32.000 euros plus 23% tax = 40 k euros . And I have to add 1500 euros every year for the software rent . Too much . I want to add another mill this year , a yenadent D15 . For 40 k I am getting the scanner AND the small mill . In any case , D900 is the only 3shape I would buy , and it is too expensive for my pocket . I haven't seen the blue in action yet , that's why I am curious . I have heard about 7 microns accuracy for the Blue , which is ok for my needs .

My main question is if there is any way of accurate transfer of the occlusion from analog to digital . So far , I can't say I am happy with that , with either of my two scanners . I am doing lots of full arches and FMR , so I need something accurate . GC scanner has failed to do that . Its design won't let it do it . The most accurate way I can think is by scanning the articulator itself . Other than the Zirkonzahn , SmartOptics 885 and ZFX evolution scanners , is there any other scanners out there that can do that ? I saw a plate for medit and Artex articulators . Does it work ?

Amann Girbach Map300 and Map400 scanners can scan articulated models and have a virtual articulator.

What issues did you have with the GC scanner?

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score

Degree of freedom scanner has transfer plates for four different articulators plus you can do this
dy7u4y5a.jpg