Identica Blue + STEINBICHLER SCAN ST II + Yena DC40

F

fleshfly

Reaction score
We bought a STEINBICHLER SCAN ST II + Yena DC40, they will arrive on march +- and i will show them wen they arrive.
We are a clinic with 13 doctors with a inhouse lab. Since this year we upgraded our lab and will now also work for other clinics and labs.

We want a scanner and a machine to mill our structurs, abutments and bars.

We went with STEINBICHLER SCAN ST II because we wanted the best precision, with less data voids possible. Also using ddg scan markers bought from scott, (as stupid as it sound buying them here in europe was almost 3 times more expensive)
I tested the imetric scanner the 104i and went with the STEINBICHLER because from what i have seen it has less data voids. I cant tell if it is more precise because i didnt make the same job on both scanners and it was only tests not every day work so i can only talk about the data voids. I have worked in the pass with d700 3 shape (not good for precision) maestro (also not good) and zz scanner it was the best of these 3 but not up to the task also.

We are from Europe so, buying haas from Scott its not a option the import taxes plus the vat would be very very high price, unfortnatly otherwise i would defntly buy him, i have no doubt that its impossible to get a better deal that what he is offering.
For the investment we wanted to do the options we had were yenadent dc40, imes icore 550i, dyamach DT2 and charlydental CD 50. they are all around 100k€, 135k$.
From all this options DC40 is the more equiped machine like i said on other post.
With around 800kg /1 700 pounds has linear scales on xyz, 3r sytem for fixture, hsk 25 tool holders, and 2,5 jager engine.

In my mind and from what i saw, and talked with sum 3d team i have no doubt this is the best cam software, with all the options i can dream off. But we are still not sure which cam to buy, i asked for a trial on picasoft (picasoft owner is yenadent so is very well integrated with dc40 plus they are very flexible and if we need any special thing from the software they have all the means to do it, we will 3 months trial and will see how it goes.

While we wait for our scanner our exocad resseler borrow us a identica blue. I have not seen many videos from this machine so i will let one here, one i made today just for demo purpose. Just a crappy model lying around here and full scan.
Looks very fast and with good mesh detail. It has some data voids as you can see but with zero spray i think its nice.
The only thing i can say (after one day with it lol) its that the fans make a lot of noise! We have a room just for computers so no noise here and it really bothers.
Does any one know if STEINBICHLER makes this noise?
Another thing the cable that came with the scanner was a usb2 cable? and from what i see in the books it says usb2?

If any one whants to see some particular feature or a sample go head and ask.
Sorry for the long post!

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
Hey Pedro, congrats. Enjoy with the toys !!

F

fleshfly

Reaction score
Thanks AGV, you can visit us wen you want!
How can i change the scan detail one the scanner? Only on the XML? just change to hi?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Yes, USB 2.0 only.

We are now shipping Medit Blues with extra special card for 3.0 that goes into PC if you insist on using 3.0

I don't think the steinbichler is very noisy, but then again we have loud music playing all day.

Aro-Tec is HAAS reseller in Germany, but I really don't like their fixturing solution at all! (Boo for the Germans for Once!)

Crazy that Germans are buying HAAS eh??

F

fleshfly

Reaction score
Scott how can we change the resolution on the identica blue? i saw on the xml it says standard.
This scanner also came with a usb 3 board but since the interface on the scanner is usb 2 right?or not? do you notice any diference on the process with the usb board?

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
if its the same as se open the scansoftware go to settings scan options data quality and scan complexity

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
not the same software or options as the S.E.....totally different.

USB 2.0 is fine.

Nothing gained by going to usb 3.0

We have not messed with the data point spacing, or scan complexity.

The Blue seems to have very excellent data from original settings.

Maybe it is in the .xml , but we never looked yet..???
Actually, I think employee Lauren did mess with something recently, but she went to see "Queens of the Stone Age" concert out of town, and I cannot ask her until monday,.

F

fleshfly

Reaction score
Thanks scott, Im asking just for curiosity i think the mesh is allready very nice. But since i have here the scanner i would like to see the max it can do.
How can i use exoscan with scanner need special dongle?

XML FILE

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<Variants name="Root">

<String name="Language">English</String>

<String name="Labelling">FDI</String>

<String name="ScanDetail">Standard</String>

<String name="DateType">yyyy_MM_dd</String>

<String name="OutputDir">C:\Program Files (x86)\Fraunhofer IGD\CAD-Data</String>

<UInt name="OutputFileNamingRule">2</UInt>

<Bool name="UsePopupNotificationWindow">false</Bool>

<String name="MultidieType">snx08</String>

<Bool name="UseTexture">false</Bool>

<Bool name="AxisMoveHomeBeforeAutoScan">false</Bool>

<String name="DefaultLabName">Medit</String>

<String name="DefaultTechName">Technician</String>

<String name="ServerAddress">http://www.meditdental.com</String>

<Bool name="UseMoveToOriginBeforeSaving">false</Bool>

<Bool name="PreparationTeethDataSavingSeparately">true</Bool>

<Bool name="UseYAxisAsScanDataOrientation">false</Bool>

<Double name="DecimationRatio">0.7</Double>

<Double name="MultipleFillHoleMaxLength">400</Double>

</Variants>

Only this for settings cad fan
medit%20blue.png

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Thanks scott, Im asking just for curiosity i think the mesh is allready very nice. But since i have here the scanner i would like to see the max it can do.
How can i use exoscan with scanner need special dongle?

XML FILE

Only this for settings cad fan
medit%20blue.png

looks like they changed it to totally like the cad parameters maybe totally xml controlled maybe part of ivm strategie to find the right angel for holes for example.Are their angles and numbers of shots predefined ? maybe noise from environment variable is less so they only filter lateral resolution.Is it possible to make a shot of the unmatched pointcloud ?

F

fleshfly

Reaction score
CadFan, and everyone ho wants to see a sample, its the model on the video. Settings was denture only one pass, no spray.

Sample

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
Fleshfly,
Do you like your Medit Blue? Tell us your experience.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Link does not open......Error 404

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I love my blue medit. I do everything on it

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Haven't had on in the lab yet. I had a 3 unit that was perfect though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

F

fleshfly

Reaction score
Hi guys, its been busy days...

We have finally our yena and scan stii!!
Just a note on the medit, it was very nice. Everything i made with it was perfect incluing a bar. Just made one bar but very nice passive fitting.

So the new toys.
image.jpg
A simple thing about Scan st ii... is the best scanner i have ever tried!
Im very happy i bought it! Its not the fastest, its fast enough, but the image quality is outstanding! Just one pass and the scan markers look like 3d drawing. Very few data void. I will post pictures tomorrow not at the office. Using exoscan is very easy to work! DDG scan markers are also very good!
Just hade the time to make one bar with it (started working with it this monday) and it was also very good passive fitting already made with dc40.

image.jpg

image.jpg

The dc40 is great, im only working with it since wednesday but i see precision. Working with a new version of picasoft not yet avaiable. The software looks nice easy to do your own strategys but yet a lot to learn in every way (software and miller, i dint even new what was a refractometer until last week :) only i can say for sure about the miller is that i like the results. I will post picturs.

We work a lot with straumann and for the guys that allready mill metal with this implants im sure you also think they hard to mill. Im using 8 tolls for it. Whats the smallest burs you use with this implant? Im trying to fine tune this connection so we can have the best fitting. what library to mill are you guys using?
image.jpg Ali Erken for those ho dont know him, at my lab wen we were trying to see the best way to mill this wile we set up the machine for the first time.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
We do all bars on the Steinbichler.

Was worth the extra money for me.

Congrats on the new toys!

NICE!

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
The beast looks like a beauty . Nice toy love to here more congrats :):):)

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I think the Blue light from the Steinbichler actually contains some UV, so don't stare at it very long!
Not a regular projector with Red/Yellow turned off!
Very Special projector! Can you tell by the color? So deep of a Blue... Very different from the light from the Medit, right?

Scanner has very industrial motors and frame. Solid and accurate!

Yes, not the fastest. the meshing algorithm is tops!