How to get Wax Discs for under $1 each

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
For single units I have a method in 3shape where I trick the software into thinking its a full arch, you just stick up to 16 units on the plate in rows, number them 1-16 left to right and say that there is no antagonist model, that way you can design/scan/nest all the copings at the same time. With most of our lovely doctors we barely ever get any room so support isn't as big of a deal. I put all the wax copings on the dies first to sprue so if they need some support I'll just manually add with electric waxer.

I have to give you credit for thinking outside the box.

That's a good idea for being productive without cutting corners .:Congrats:

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
For single units I have a method in 3shape where I trick the software into thinking its a full arch, you just stick up to 16 units on the plate in rows, number them 1-16 left to right and say that there is no antagonist model, that way you can design/scan/nest all the copings at the same time. With most of our lovely doctors we barely ever get any room so support isn't as big of a deal. I put all the wax copings on the dies first to sprue so if they need some support I'll just manually add with electric waxer.
<Snagglepus>Superhero like even!<\Snagglepus>

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
just one problem with that solution that has bit me in the butt more than once. remakes. if youre slamming 10 different cases into a single scan, you can't label them uniquely. you cant dig one out for remake (easily) without marking up the dies.

its quick, sure, but its not convenient come time to cross reference to past work.