Woohoo 450i

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
CrCo, no problem

So Bob, what do you charge for a Cr-Co coping sent from scan-lab?
Or Tyler, what do you charge? Or ANYONE with a 450i...?
I find the material to be wicked expensive and the tools take a beating!
Especially if you are using little tool with simple milling strategy..
I cannot offer this product for what people expect to be paying for Non-precious coping..

Thanks!

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Ok thanx about that, but what about my question on 450i???

CoCr is no problem up to 200 units a month ( info imes) the mill is ca 30-40 % slower milling Co Cr than a 550 i 14 unit no problem the cost is ca. 3 euro more per unit than milling same in zirkon .If you want to mill primary a lot of Metal you go better the next step.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Well, B&D claimed the Yenadent mill could also do Ti and Cr-Co.....but in reality, it sucked and nobody in the US ended up using it for that.

I could list Twenty labs that all cursed that mill for false claims.

Tools broke before roughing was finished....wrong tooling and CAM strategy, Spindle had too much T.I.R. and tool life was terrible, disks of Ti and Cr-Co were/are too expensive, etc....

You can quote anything you want from websites and resellers, but until I see happy customers offering products for a decent price, then I say B.S.! LOL

Where are the people offering Cr-Co and Ti from these mills in the US? Anyone?

We mill Ti copings for $19 all day long. We have may customers rocking Porcelain-to-Ti with great success.

Anyone with little mills or even a 550i can come close to that price? Looking for actual owner feedback please. Real-world info.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Scott,
You are correct people struggled here in the US with milling CrCo and Ti with the Origin machines but that doesn't mean that that aren't doing it. Dimitris over in Greece is achieving great results milling CrCo an Ti with his Yena machine. People can say and think what they want but our Origin machines have been great. They are work horses but all we mill is zirconia on them. We haven't had any issues they are solid machines.

Honestly I know it's big in Europe but why would you want to stack porcelain on a CrCo or Ti frame? Forget that and let me mill a Bruxzir, Emax, or Zirconia Coping. I want to be metal free!!!! For me to offer milled CrCo coping you are correct it is to expensive I would have to charge $30 plus a unit no doubt and I can cast it for under $6.

Just a side note Origin is now a reseller for the Haas Om2 they will be selling them now with Hyoerdent. Bars and Abutments are coming more mainstream now. You have some competition now Scotty boy!

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
I'll be just fine Tyler. :p

B&D are idiots, and can never build a HAAS like I can! No WAY!

They switch-up their product line all the damn time!

They have far less (or NONE) experience milling bars and abutments, so why anyone would choose to buy from them still remains a mystery to me? I think you should be their guinne-pig!

Round and round they go! Changing scanners daily, and they cannot make up their mind what mill to sell, they tried to sell some Korean mill for a year (why I dunno??) now they might try to sell the HAAS, so if the Yenedent is so f'n great, then Tyler explain why they keep searching for something else?? Huh? I'm listening....I am flattered at the fact they are trying to copy me. Good luck to them!

Not scared at all, and I am not really trying to be a HAAS distributor anyways.

People just find me by accident and kindly ask me to help them. So I do.

Thanks for your concern! LOL Let me know when/if they ever figure it all out, and have ONE, SINGLE happy customer with a HAAS. Until then.....total B.S.

I do not spend a dime trying to advertise custom built HAAS mills, but it happens anyways.

Markets in other countries are totally different.

Not apple-to-apple when talking about $$ and milling Cr-Co and Ti.

I know Dmetri. He knows me. Go back to sleep....

Last edited:
BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
So Bob, what do you charge for a Cr-Co coping sent from scan-lab?
Or Tyler, what do you charge? Or ANYONE with a 450i...?
I find the material to be wicked expensive and the tools take a beating!
Especially if you are using little tool with simple milling strategy..
I cannot offer this product for what people expect to be paying for Non-precious coping..

Thanks!
We don't offer it do to the pricing. CrCo can be laser sintered for $15 a unit. Much better way to go.
But, if one wants to mill it in a 450 it works well.

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Says who?

I can also clean my car with a toothbrush! * It WORKS!!! o_O

I can Mow my lawn with a pair of sissors! * THIS WORKS TOO!!

*(Just takes a week or Two. LOL)

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I am not offering milled metal either . Too damn expensive . Here in Greece , laser sintering is 7 euros . I would have to charge 35 euros to make a profit . Send it to laser sintering . Heck , I am even sending my cases if the machine is full !! The cheapest CoCr milling center I have seen , is in Germany , 19 euros from a scan , and they are milling with Micron machines . They have 4 or 5 of them .

My machine is not sold in the US by origin . It is completely different compared to the Origin machines .

I am buying metal from Scheftner in Germany , they are charging around 120 euros plus tax for a 12 mm disc .

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Yes it is we have been in the new side just about a year now.

Looks very nice and clean. Like the layout. I know ya'll are happy with all of the extra room! Hope everything is going well there. That 450i is a rockin and a rollin I see. You're in love all over again! Haha

Gonna get into model printing?

P

primus

Banned
Reaction score
Tyler's lab is super clean, GREAT people, very nice set-up indeed!

"Southern-Hospitality" is flowing up in there!

I've absolutely nothing bad to say about them... :)

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Woohoo it finally arrived we just got our new 450i into the lab and man its a good looking machine. Ti abutments and Emax Blue Blocks here I come.

View attachment 14399 View attachment 14400

Everytime I see this picture it drives me nuts. I want that 450 in the middle of that work table and have that monitor mounted on a LCD swivel wall mount with a place for the keyboard.

Damn I have issues

Orthodox

Orthodox

Reaction score
CoCr is no problem up to 200 units a month ( info imes) the mill is ca 30-40 % slower milling Co Cr than a 550 i 14 unit no problem the cost is ca. 3 euro more per unit than milling same in zirkon .If you want to mill primary a lot of Metal you go better the next step.
Yes, perfect and what about precision, what about balance in 14 unit total bridge???

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
I am not offering milled metal either . Too damn expensive . Here in Greece , laser sintering is 7 euros . I would have to charge 35 euros to make a profit . Send it to laser sintering . Heck , I am even sending my cases if the machine is full !! The cheapest CoCr milling center I have seen , is in Germany , 19 euros from a scan , and they are milling with Micron machines . They have 4 or 5 of them .

My machine is not sold in the US by origin . It is completely different compared to the Origin machines .

I am buying metal from Scheftner in Germany , they are charging around 120 euros plus tax for a 12 mm disc .

Hi Dimitris,

What do you think about Scheftner. Are you satisfied with their metals?
I just ordered CoCr and Ti blanks from them.

Top Bottom