Woohoo 450i

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I have some.

It is 10x more expensive than the Ti I buy.

Stupid high prices for the US market for worthless non-precious metal..

Other than that, I LOVE IT!! LOL

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hi Dimitris,

What do you think about Scheftner. Are you satisfied with their metals?
I just ordered CoCr and Ti blanks from them.

Hey there ,

Yes I am happy with their metals . I have used around 15 discs from them so far since the IDS I first bought from them . CoCr is softer than others I have used , 275 vickers , and I have zero problems with porcelain . What mill do you have ?

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
Hey there ,

Yes I am happy with their metals . I have used around 15 discs from them so far since the IDS I first bought from them . CoCr is softer than others I have used , 275 vickers , and I have zero problems with porcelain . What mill do you have ?

I got a couple of weeks ago iCore 750i.
Tomorrow comes techniques from imes and install it.
Guess if I'm excited :)

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score

WOW !!!! Big toy !!! Congrats for the purchase and I am sure you will enjoy it ! 750i is one awesome piece of equipment !!!

Orthodox

Orthodox

Reaction score
Congratulation for the 750i, what about milling abutments and bars directly from disc with that? please post few photos :) share your joy with us :) have nice week.

Orthodox

Orthodox

Reaction score
Forget 450i for abutments out of a disk, in fact forget 550i also, they dont have what it takes for that. Take a look at a yenadent dc40 (no experince with it but it is advertise as a abutments miller),Datron D5 you can see some of the abutments here on the forum.
So you say that Yenadent is beter than 450i and 550i? what make it beter, why with yenadent you can do abutments from disc and with 450i & 550i you can not? please tell something detailed, because only few days separate me from buying 450i or 550i. THNX, sory for your time. :)

S

STJDENT

Reaction score
Thank you guys.
I just got home 14 hours of instalationen.
We have got the machine up and running
Tomorrow we will begin to mill some crowns.

To mill abutments I must wait for special tools for abutments except those which you use for crowns.

Attachments

• 750i.jpg
    750i.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 79
Orthodox

Orthodox

Reaction score
Thank you guys.
I just got home 14 hours of instalationen.
We have got the machine up and running
Tomorrow we will begin to mill some crowns.

To mill abutments I must wait for special tools for abutments except those which you use for crowns.
just WoW :)

One you have to do is to work, but for us please more photo and more info about the finished works :)

F

fleshfly

Reaction score
So you say that Yenadent is better than 450i and 550i? What make it better, why with yenadent you can do abutments from disc and with 450i & 550i you can not? Please tell something detailed, because only few days separate me from buying 450i or 550i. THNX, sorry for your time.
Yenadent has many machine models like imes. I often see people talk about yenadent but they don't say the model, and we end up comparing lemons with oranges... Yenadent dc40 is the top model from yenadent, it has heidenhain linear scales on xyz (only the top model 750i from imes has this scales),also it has 3r disk holder ( you can for example stop a bar you are already milling switch the disk holder, mill another part and then get back to the bar),another nice feature from this 3r system is that you can buy for example a bar holder and then you can mill from a metal bar. You can also as an option buy hsk tool holders which give you a much more precise cut, and bigger life for the burs, this are the tool holders used on for exe. on the dmg sauer ultrasonic 20 linear, or the datron d5.
We went to Turkey to see the factory and the machines, talk with the CEO and we saw the construction from start to finish of this machines, its easy to see big differences beteween models DC40 frame and d40 have nothing to do on the inside, but if you look at pictures you don't see a big difference, but trust me there is. The CEO is a Really nice guy always ready to help and find a way to solve waht ever problem you have. We milled a few abutments with a dc40, also a bar very nice job.
We also talked with imes in Germany (im from Portugal) complete different thing... Hard people to talk with, they don't care when you are buying imagine how they are after selling. Yenadent has made more then 200 machines for imes in the past.
We end up buying a dc40 with hsk tool holders it was around the same price as the 550i. It will arrive on march. We also bought a steibichler scan st ii since we want to make hybrid bars. Can tell you more wen the machines arrive.
Drizzt has a d40 see what he say and shows about his machine.
If you are thinking 450i for abutments from a disk forget it! I dont see a desktop miller doing metal abutments from disk. 550i much better machine for that but i think you can better for that money....

Orthodox

Orthodox

Reaction score
Yenadent has many machine models like imes. I often see people talk about yenadent but they don't say the model, and we end up comparing lemons with oranges... Yenadent dc40 is the top model from yenadent, it has heidenhain linear scales on xyz (only the top model 750i from imes has this scales),also it has 3r disk holder ( you can for example stop a bar you are already milling switch the disk holder, mill another part and then get back to the bar),another nice feature from this 3r system is that you can buy for example a bar holder and then you can mill from a metal bar. You can also as an option buy hsk tool holders which give you a much more precise cut, and bigger life for the burs, this are the tool holders used on for exe. on the dmg sauer ultrasonic 20 linear, or the datron d5.
We went to Turkey to see the factory and the machines, talk with the CEO and we saw the construction from start to finish of this machines, its easy to see big differences beteween models DC40 frame and d40 have nothing to do on the inside, but if you look at pictures you don't see a big difference, but trust me there is. The CEO is a Really nice guy always ready to help and find a way to solve waht ever problem you have. We milled a few abutments with a dc40, also a bar very nice job.
We also talked with imes in Germany (im from Portugal) complete different thing... Hard people to talk with, they don't care when you are buying imagine how they are after selling. Yenadent has made more then 200 machines for imes in the past.
We end up buying a dc40 with hsk tool holders it was around the same price as the 550i. It will arrive on march. We also bought a steibichler scan st ii since we want to make hybrid bars. Can tell you more wen the machines arrive.
Drizzt has a d40 see what he say and shows about his machine.
If you are thinking 450i for abutments from a disk forget it! I dont see a desktop miller doing metal abutments from disk. 550i much better machine for that but i think you can better for that money....
So 550i have not LINEAR SCALES but only 750i, what about tool holders of Imes Icore, what kind of they are using? Seams the HSK is top brand for tool holders.

Tramp

Tramp

Reaction score
Anybody could help?

What is the price for imes 450i with cam software?
Withut scaner, ocmputer etc.

Only machine + full wet cocr option.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
It's $80-85K with CAM and some additional options you would likely want.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
So you say that Yenadent is beter than 450i and 550i? what make it beter, why with yenadent you can do abutments from disc and with 450i & 550i you can not? please tell something detailed, because only few days separate me from buying 450i or 550i. THNX, sory for your time. :)

Better or worse you can't really say . Different machines to compare . I think you need to decide the purpose you need the machine . And also do you have the workload to justify 150.000 euros and more for a machine ?? Cad Cam is not '' press the button and in 3-4 hours it will be ready '' . It needs time and knowledge and trial and error . If you want to mill abutments , there are much cheaper solutions . I started milling pre-milled abutments , and the results are amazing . Much safer and easier and cheaper than milling them from a disc . You can mill them with the smaller Yenadent machine with great results . I have milled over 300 abutments from a disc , and I have also milled around 100 which were thrown away , because I forgot to change some tools , or the tool broke , or many other reasons . It was an expensive experience /lesson .

As for bars , I would say it is a very difficult thing to mill , and honestly , none of the ''dental'' mills can do it as it is supposed to be done . big industrial mills , and advanced cam are required in order to make something like this work . For metal frameworks milling , I mill my metal . It is not cheap , but it is fast . For the needs and size of my lab , it is ideal . If I had a laser sintering machine in my area , I wouldn't mill it , and I would outsource it there for 6-7 euros/piece . It costs me around the same to mill it .

As fleshly said , DC 40 is a very nice machine for metal milling . It has what it takes to mill metal . If I could afford it when I bought my machine , I would have bought DC40 . But still I am happy with what I have . It fits my lab perfectly . And I will add a smaller milling machine later , dedicated to dry milling . For me this is the ideal solution . Two machines , one for dry milling and the other for metal milling . Just my 2 cents .

S

SZsharpmill

Reaction score
Our lab have the same one ,it sure be a good machine!

S

SZsharpmill

Reaction score
what solfware system have you installed ?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
5axis milling on a 10 unit zirconia bridge. I think it pushed it past the 15 degree limit?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Waiting for the sexy music lol

Orthodox

Orthodox

Reaction score
Sometimes !!! with special tools ok for production , with preforms very good , but not for big production out of a ti disk. i think out of a ti disk only with a special tool clamping like hsk or others and laser measurement.
Is there a possibility for 450i to have HSK???

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I don't believe you would mill CA's from a disc in the 450i. The I'm 550, not sure. I have both and prefer to mill from a blank. The cost of he blank is obviously more than the material cost from a disc. However, tool cost, added machine time and probable increase in remakes will eat into the savings. Not to mention frustration. Milling from blanks is widely accepted. Biomet 3i does it and I'm sure there are more very well known players doing the same.
Disc milling requires 8 or more different tools and Significantly more complex mill Stratergies.
Good luck with the 750. You will love it for sure.

Top Bottom