Use-cases for Millbox vs hyperDENT for a metal-dedicated imes 350i pro + ?

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Howdy,
Our lab currently uses Millbox for almost all our CAM work, mostly zirconia with a little wax/PMMA, excepting PrograMill for our emax cases on the PM7.
We're looking at getting an imes-icore 350i pro+ as a dedicated metal milling machine, and are considering our CAM options. We're going to start out with less ambitious stuff, abutments and crowns and the like, but would eventually like to get into bars and other particularly-challenging applications the pro+ is capable of.
So- where would you draw the line on where to stop using Millbox and to switch over to hyper? I'm very interested in what hD is capable of, but we probably won't take the dive until it's good and truly warranted, as the cost and significant learning curve is going to be a huge headache for a lab like ours, where multiple techs with modest CAM proficiency will be responsible for running parts. Just training for Millbox feels ambitious sometimes, and it's got training wheels on.

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
I might be a bit biased ;-) so I'll just mention that hyperDENT is modular - this means you can start with a slightly more basic, economically priced package that still includes the same general performance and milling benefits of more robust options. Then you can add additional bar-milling features down the road when you feel you're ready to "up your game".

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
That's a good point. I'll want as much time as possible to get used to hyperdent before trying to use it for ambitious stuff, so just grabbing the basic module earlier on would let us get used to the workflow and its idiosyncrasies with familiar work. I'll factor for that as we narrow down what we want to buy up-front vs. next quarter vs. next year.
Also- thanks for reaching out with the DM, this is something we're wrestling with right now. I'll reply to you shortly.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
It takes about 10 minutes to get into the workflow of hyperdent. There arent too many options unless you have the full version.

I will say greeny and mark at HD took care of me, so the support is there.

Top Bottom