Looking for E.max Mill

Slimboyphat

Slimboyphat

Reaction score
We just had the brand new AG ceramil motion 3 and we can't rotate the emax blocks 90 degrees so we are capped at 12mm height. And we can't angle the crown more that 20 degrees.

The dentist is very particular on only using MT blocks and not cutting of incisal edges - ivoclar doesn't make B32/B40 in MT so we'll need to be able to rotate c14 blocks 90 degrees for that extra height and have capability to angle the crown when needed.

Any ideas for the best emax mill here?

Last edited:
Slimboyphat

Slimboyphat

Reaction score
I've inquired to roland, vhf, and imes icore - just waiting for calls

I was really hoping I could push AG to create a block holder that allows 90 degrees rotation and get them to come up with new cam strategy but I think it's such a niche market for them Dontknow

Slimboyphat

Slimboyphat

Reaction score
i know of NO mill that will let you do this.

that's why blocks have the engagement pins.
The old programill i used to work with allowed for it. it may be that only the ivoclar programills allow for the block rotation.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
IIRC this was discussed here before ( I think? )... the solution was to glue a metal holder from a spent block to the other end

RCKSTR

RCKSTR

Reaction score
I just use a high speed to add a new index mark in the mandrel 90 degrees from the original Dontknow

Slimboyphat

Slimboyphat

Reaction score
1 solution may be Amber Mill blocks. the LT, MT, and HT factor is based on the firing temperature after milling. And they have the taller b32/b40 blocks.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
you guys totally need a cerec mill they can do everything just check out their user pages on facebook .your boss totally needs to check it out they are great oh i said that already ,but they are great anyway. who would of thought that a dentist wouldnt understand the milling process .Maybe if he got a cerec he would because you know they are great he can ask his dentist mates who paid 200k for a system they will tell that its totally worth it and they are great.

not.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Ivoclar mills have adapters that can run the cerec mandrell in standard or 90 position, but a set of 4 adapters is like 450.00 LOL plus the bigg ass PM or Hybrid Selects. And on top of all of that, only one adapter is 90 degree, LOL!!!!!

Slimboyphat

Slimboyphat

Reaction score
Maybe play dental technician and hand wax and press
as much as I want to say that's my expertise, its not, but its what we ended up doing. I've been hired to bring on digital

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
Digital is great , but a technician who can’t do analogue is a dental nurse these days

Top Bottom