Woohoo 450i

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Shane, the cost to mill emax for me is I have figured around the $35 range and to mill Ti abutments I have figured around $49.

I only use Imes tools I am running diamond coated tools for my zirconia and normal carbides for CrCo & Ti and of course diamond burs for emax.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
You can use what you want sum 3 d open Software ( i mes cam 5) you can create your own blankholder if you are abel to do although strategie an so on and on and on.

shane williams

shane williams

Reaction score
Shane, the cost to mill emax for me is I have figured around the $35 range and to mill Ti abutments I have figured around $49.

I only use Imes tools I am running diamond coated tools for my zirconia and normal carbides for CrCo & Ti and of course diamond burs for emax.

so that's the cost of the e-max blank, or that included with your total cost? thanks for the info

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
currently the blocks are available from Patterson for $32 each.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
That is with total tool cost. We are paying $28 a block down here.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Tyler, where do you get your blocks?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Tyler, where do you get your blocks?

Sorry it's taking so long to respond Bob I just saw your post. I order through our Patterson Rep that comes to our lab. A box of 14c blocks is costing us $140.

A

Acrylic Innovation

Reaction score
Lol no sorry Sevan, it's a custom built cabinet made out of nice hard oak. It's reinforced on the inside as well. We had four people stand on it that are around 200pds and no movement what so ever.
4 ppl weighing 200 pounds? total? you work them thru lunch or what!

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
fun to watch the race to the bottom. seriously considered joining. ...realized i would rather compete at the top using my hands and brain then try to compete with the hundreds of you with a mouse and the same software..glad you are all enjoying it. just not my goal.. talked to a few in it. they are dropping prices every year to compete with one another...going to be a struggle with all the cerec docs and you all but i think with high end accounts i will get more enjoyment and satifaction then to attempt the mouse and mill lifestyle.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
fun to watch the race to the bottom. seriously considered joining. ...realized i would rather compete at the top using my hands and brain then try to compete with the hundreds of you with a mouse and the same software..glad you are all enjoying it. just not my goal.. talked to a few in it. they are dropping prices every year to compete with one another...going to be a struggle with all the cerec docs and you all but i think with high end accounts i will get more enjoyment and satifaction then to attempt the mouse and mill lifestyle.

Is there any power in having both skills disturbed? or would that betray your beliefs too much? You know, in the right hands cad cam will benefit even the most elite of technicians.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score

Race to the bottom ? :rolleyes: Really ?. ... I probably charge more for a FCZ, done with a few mouse clicks, than most of the labs on this forum could ever do for a layered eMax or PFM per say...:D

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score

I don't know who you talk to but we have raised our prices 6% every year for the last three years. Just because we have all this CADCAM equipment doesn't mean we compete with the bottom end prices. We are one of the highest priced labs in Alabama and just because we charge more hasn't hurt us at all. We keep growing because we do quality work at middle of the road prices. Not only do we have CADCAM equipment we have 3 full time ceramist that build and contour their own work.

You are a very knowledgable person but sometimes you don't fully understand what is going on in the world. Just because one lab you talk to says they are struggling with the "race to the bottom" doesn't mean everyone out there is the same. The big labs are only going to get bigger and the small labs will eventually fade out unless you can do work like Al.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
"work like al" is my goal.would rather spend the tens of thousands on courses and knowledge then on equipment. to each their own!enjoy your new toys boys...

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
"work like al" is my goal.would rather spend the tens of thousands on courses and knowledge then on equipment. to each their own!enjoy your new toys boys...

Truth is course will only help so much, you have to have talent and artistic vision. Not many have that, thats thedifference between B quality and world class.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I am trying to combine CAD/CAM equipment with knowledge and handcraftmanship . CAD CAM is making my life easier . I have more time to concentrate on esthetics and ceramics . I have reduced the time to get a framework ready for porcelain build up form 3 days to 1 and a half . Full arch bridges without the need to be cut and laser welded . Passive fit , zero porosity , sealed margins every time . Better quality for my clients , better working conditions for me , and better result overall .

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
I am trying to combine CAD/CAM equipment with knowledge and handcraftmanship . CAD CAM is making my life easier . I have more time to concentrate on esthetics and ceramics . I have reduced the time to get a framework ready for porcelain build up form 3 days to 1 and a half . Full arch bridges without the need to be cut and laser welded . Passive fit , zero porosity , sealed margins every time . Better quality for my clients , better working conditions for me , and better result overall .
dam you drizzt...guess i'm back on the fence....

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
dam you drizzt...guess i'm back on the fence....

It was not my intention to get you back on the fence ! I am just trying to explain that these two things can be combined for the patient's benefit . That is the ultimate goal right ? I have done courses with Gerald Ubassy , August Bruguera and with my friend Nondas . As well with others less famous but not less skilled techs . All of the above use CAD CAM equipment for the reasons I stated before . In my mind , CAD CAM is a tool . Just my opinion .

Orthodox

Orthodox

Reaction score
Forget 450i for abutments out of a disk, in fact forget 550i also, they dont have what it takes for that. Take a look at a yenadent dc40 (no experince with it but it is advertise as a abutments miller),Datron D5 you can see some of the abutments here on the forum.
what about full arch (14 elements) from CrCo with 450i???

Top Bottom