SLM frameworks?

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
we do very few pfm these days (between 2-4 per month). I would love to hear some feedback on the noble and high noble SLM process. I see that Argen is doing it, anyone else? have any of you tried this? If the fits are great and the oxide layer is not too dark, it would be nice not to have to stock alloy (sorry Jensen). Thoughts?
Thanks in advance

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
I have done a few with Argen, and the results have been fine. No adjustments on fits, and very little finishing.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
I have a 5 unit bridge coming in on friday. I'll post a picture when I get it

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive used Argen and Compartis. SLM sucks.

M

motovan

Reaction score
Have had slm copings distort during firing ,spend a lot of time seating them properly. milled wax copings cast by the company some fit alright most don't. I am waxing and casting now with gold standard results. Crown & bridge still at 50/60% of work load

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Some SLM crowns from Argen are fine, some are not. It is the same with their DPM. I have been milling in wax and casting myself.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
It is very difficult to high polish slm bands in my experience, so I never design them with exposed metal. Other than that, they're o.k. but you'll have to fit them to the die in varying amounts.
Except for long span bridges, I'm with CreDes: mill and cast.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
I've done a few, it seemed to polish ok on a large metal backing. We haven't got the die spacer parameters dialled in yet as they can be a little tight. We receive them unfinished so the support pins need trimming off, I have found some of the units a little rough on the fitting surface occlusally. It doesn't take long to trim them though and the fits have been good. I haven't tried any bridges yet. Would I stop waxing and casting? Only time will tell.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Wieland Precision Technology (WPT) is now in partnership with Bego and offering both SLM with two Bego metals and CAD/Cast with three Ivoclar metals. You can either talk to your Ivoclar Rep or WPT directly about using this service.

My understanding is the SLM units will come to you ready to sandblast and oxidize. The CAD/Cast units will come to you with the sprue stump slightly re-contoured, and you will have to finish the framworks and prepare for oxidation or final polish (in the case of full gold).

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The problem with cadcast is that all the crowns and copings are invested with the same expansion ratio of liquid and water.
I found that I couldn't ask for more expansion of my units and had to ream them out for fitting.

Adding more cement space was not the answer.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Bego does all my SLM. There is a learning curve to the product, and it took us a while to dial in the settings to where we are getting consistent results (natural teeth, Implants, bridges all different) but once you get there, it's great. I invest 1 out of 10 cases we get now.