Dental I/O scan workflows

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
A few months ago a doctor told me you could use that for different brands of scanners so you only go to one place for all IO cases. Rather than the 5 I have to individually log in to and check. I didn’t look into it for myself though.
I cannot imagine other systems would approve that, but if they do that would be AMAZING!
we do need one centralized location for all these systems

M

mmbh

Reaction score
As long as they don't make the Dentists that use other systems jump through a bunch of hoops , that won't go over well. If its just something on our end might be okay but it is Sirona so I am not getting my hopes up.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
2001 A Space Odyssey Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

doug

doug

Reaction score
I'm just glad to know that the $3000.00 I paid a long time ago has been expensed. Free would have been nicer. Straumann did the same with itero to work with their implants...it's free now too. Was $5000.00 Rat Bastards!

J

JustDavid

Reaction score
I'm just glad to know that the $3000.00 I paid a long time ago has been expensed. Free would have been nicer. Straumann did the same with itero to work with their implants...it's free now too. Was $5000.00 Rat Bastards!
That most definitely was not Straumann charge but iTero :).
However, the overall direction to open up more and have inter-connectivity between providers and systems is crucial and very good.

We will see with AXS Straumann, 3Shape and DS Core and HS/iTero all moving into the platform business.
Let's see who can pull the most companies and products together to add the most value.

smithwilfer

smithwilfer

Reaction score
I agree with you as emails are sent for verification.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Interested to see how others are managing their data from scan to design if you have both 3shape and Exo? Scanning stone cases and importing IOS scans as well. Example. We design on Exo but also scan cases in with our 3shape system as well as trios imports. Put scans into a central folder that can be accessed by the Exo pc for design.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Interested to see how others are managing their data from scan to design if you have both 3shape and Exo? Scanning stone cases and importing IOS scans as well. Example. We design on Exo but also scan cases in with our 3shape system as well as trios imports. Put scans into a central folder that can be accessed by the Exo pc for design.
We created a "network" folder, mapped all the pc's too it for this reason. Works great n and allows us to move big files in an instance for everyone connected to view. Even more helpful with multiple mills or printers going.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
I had a Denstply rep come to the lab yesterday...was informed the case center connect will still work but they are transitioning to a cloud based portal system called DSCore. For labs its free to use and sign-up (do this at DSCore.com),but eventually over the next year or so cerec connect will be no more and DSCore will be how you get any of your sirona cases. It's simple to sign-up, just like any other portal system, but looks like everything will be on the cloud, don't know much more about it....feel free to chime in if you know.
We got a Cerec scan the other day. Had to call the Dentsply rep and got the same info about DSCore. The issue is it's free for labs but the Drs have a fee so that is probably why they aren't using it yet. I have no desire to buy a Dentsply dongle to receive scans with Cerec Connect. Don't even know if this Dr will send enough work to justify the cost of the dongle. We had Cerec Connect 15 years ago and haven't used it since we gave up on the inLab debacle.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
We created a "network" folder, mapped all the pc's too it for this reason. Works great n and allows us to move big files in an instance for everyone connected to view. Even more helpful with multiple mills or printers going.
Yeah thats similar to what we're doing. I'm always looking for more streamlined ways of doing things. Freakin stone models bottleneck everything, lol.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We got a Cerec scan the other day. Had to call the Dentsply rep and got the same info about DSCore. The issue is it's free for labs but the Drs have a fee so that is probably why they aren't using it yet. I have no desire to buy a Dentsply dongle to receive scans with Cerec Connect. Don't even know if this Dr will send enough work to justify the cost of the dongle. We had Cerec Connect 15 years ago and haven't used it since we gave up on the inLab debacle.
They are forcing Docs to get the DSCore, had a Doc last week that has sent us scans through. cerec connect for years and they shut him down, wouldn't allow him to send it that way anymore, had to get DSCore. Had some primescan folks jump over as well in the last couple weeks as well.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
They are forcing Docs to get the DSCore, had a Doc last week that has sent us scans through. cerec connect for years and they shut him down, wouldn't allow him to send it that way anymore, had to get DSCore. Had some primescan folks jump over as well in the last couple weeks as well.
I'm in the middle of that as well.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
We have a friend that was sent 2 dongles for Cerec by mistake so we might be able to use the extra one. That would be great. In the meantime, we are losing time to work on that case the Dr sent to us. Really lame.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
We have a friend that was sent 2 dongles for Cerec by mistake so we might be able to use the extra one. That would be great. In the meantime, we are losing time to work on that case the Dr sent to us. Really lame.
Henry Schein sells the Sirona dongle for around $130.00 - $150.00, model #6721703 D3696. They will help you set it up, and your on your way.

Top Bottom