Encode thoughts?

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
In my personal experience, I have not ever had an issue with encode abutments not the production process. I am In the neighborhood of about 2k encode abutments to date. As long as you are reviewing abutment design prior to milling, it shouldn’t be an issue. I am in no way endorsed by the company and I work with all Implants and milling centers as it relates to Implants and have had great success with it. There is an option to utilize an encode empowered lab for the digital model production along with abutment design review that will give you more control over the production aspect. It also comes with a lower fee in some instances if you partner with the right lab. This would save you the 10k buy in and treat it on a case by case basis.
I get it, and that may make sense for you, but now you are talking about us having to deal with a surgeon, restoring doc, 3I milling center AND another lab? Way too many cooks in the kitchen. Out of the 5,000+ implants we did last year only about a dozen were encode, and of those, half said they would never do encode again.

This is really a tangential conversation just to see if we can make it make a little more sense to build a better relationship with a couple clinical reps, but not much more than that.

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
Switch to a 3i compatible FDA approved solution with the same lifetime warranty on the implant - we have it and restorative options they don't have such as an angled screw channel ti base and if you want a custom titanium abutment we can introduce you to our milling partners who can make you one from your design for under $100. I completely understand the predicament with the 3i reps and also the challenges 3i labs face with encode. DESS LOGO1.jpg

Jason D

Jason D

Reaction score
Switch to a 3i compatible FDA approved solution with the same lifetime warranty on the implant - we have it and restorative options they don't have such as an angled screw channel ti base and if you want a custom titanium abutment we can introduce you to our milling partners who can make you one from your design for under $100. I completely understand the predicament with the 3i reps and also the challenges 3i labs face with encode. View attachment 29406
again, we have plenty of other options, I am attempting to find ways to improve the 3I option.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Why not just talk the Dr into using something else? Theres a bajillion implants out there now. I used to do a ton of 3i in Florida but Ive only done one encode abutment, it was nice, but a hassle to ship models off. The robodrill seems antiquated... Superglue an analog? I see this being phased out.. is 3i really a big player anymore? I always had an issue with the tabs on the Certain abutments, they would bend and break off if you werent really delicate.

They are big in my area and Zimmer will have their own encode healing abutments soon.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Have the dds take an impression with the scan body.

K

Kaiser7100

Reaction score
They do aweful designs every case I have them email me the design before mill. they Don’t recheck on the model either. Every case I get back stone keeps ti abuts from seating down. Very sloppy. Abutments are too polished. Have to blast every ti abutment or crowns keep coming off.