Zimmer Encode 2023

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Yes, you're right, talked to them a couple of times this afternoon. Thank you :)

So after doing more research and getting quotes, why is Zimmer making us pay to use their software, as shouldn't it be a lure, used as a lure, to attract us into using their OEM abutments and milling center? Argen and Atlantis are all too willing to help me, without charging me a monthly/yearly subscription fee and letting me buy abutments and models, al la carte.

I still will be doing the demo tomorrow of the Real Guide online software and portal, just to see.
That’s a very good question … why would they make their “lure” so unattractive?
Either they’re very ignorant of the labs end - OR (the more likely one) they believe all they have to do is lock the doctor in and the lab has to follow, then they can pick our pockets.

A

adl

Reaction score
Zimmer has no problem undercutting anybody.

L

lcsmith0000

Reaction score
We scan our encode cases into 3shape and send them to Bellatek for design and milling. ALWAYS check the box to review the design. We up-charge plenty to cover it. No issues and rolling right through them-usually about 20 cases a month.
We also did the demo of the Zimmer design software and it SUX. Hard to use for someone who is used to 3shape. Not user friendly at all. I do not recommend.