re-used e-max button?

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
If Empress2 didn't fail in the mouth, it failed in the lab. They probably did this test to see if a used button IMPROVED performance.

Only in Korea or China would they fund a study on something like this. Wonder how the "excursive accuracy of used disposable articulators" turned out?

P

paulter317

Reaction score
It’ is no differences bw E-Max and Empress2 ???

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
If Empress2 didn't fail in the mouth, it failed in the lab. They probably did this test to see if a used button IMPROVED performance.

Only in Korea or China would they fund a study on something like this. Wonder how the "excursive accuracy of used disposable articulators" turned out?

Mark why no American or European study have been done ? should we trust the manufacturer blindly?or is it that the manufacturers themselves are being inspected regularly and work under strict regulations so no furthers studies are necessary!

D

dentor2010

Reaction score
I often press used e-max ingots for inlays, but never tried for crowns or veneers. The one thing I have noticed is that in case of the HT ingots they lose some of their translucency (although I don't have any scientific evidence for that),and they seem to need a longer pressing time.
But anyway I don't encourage people to reuse ingots, as long as they are charging enough.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Mark why no American or European study have been done ? should we trust the manufacturer blindly?

Yes, you are buying THEIR product, and you are marketing it, using THEIR brand name. If you want to play mad scientist and experiment on people, be responsible enough to put your own name on it and leave them out of it.

And don't ever call and ask for technicial support if you have questions, since once you change the system, they shouldn't be responsible for helping you sort out the mess. All it does is drive up their costs which they pass on to me.

It's no wonder there are so many 1-2 man labs if everybody spends half their time looking for quarters under the cushions.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"It's no wonder there are so many 1-2 man labs if everybody spends half their time looking for quarters under the cushions. "

I can't speak for California, but I'm sure alot of these labs are husband and wife.

C

cdt54

Reaction score
E.Max

Has anyone re-used an E-max pellet?
It seems a shame to through away the button if it's in good order.
Would it lose any of it's make up re-using it?
Could you only use it if layering?
You think im as tight as a ducks back side don't you? I just don't like waste!

I have reused the button many times.Each time I would add 1 fresh ingot to the press.I have never had any of my crowns break in 5 years.I press 10 units a day.It works like a Gold button.You have to add at least 50% fresh metal.Ivoclair is out to make money like all of us. Pride and Glory don't pay the rent.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Ivoclair is out to make money like all of us. Pride and Glory don't pay the rent.

Neither does cheating doctors and patients. Not in the long run. Keep up the "good" work.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
It's not about "Pride and Glory", it's about integrity and responsibility, while that won't ensure your short term profitibility, it will go a long way towards ensuring the industries (and your own) long term viability.

senthildtech

senthildtech

learner
Reaction score
i agree mark jacson but peoples are not ready to ask more money from doctor instated of that they are doing something like this please every steps are coming after all research done in lab please follow that then we dont need to be fear about our product

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
I have reused the button many times.Each time I would add 1 fresh ingot to the press.I have never had any of my crowns break in 5 years.I press 10 units a day.It works like a Gold button.You have to add at least 50% fresh metal.Ivoclair is out to make money like all of us. Pride and Glory don't pay the rent.

would you change the oil in your car, truck or SUV then collect 1/2 the used oil and put that back in your engine then add the other 1/2 with fresh, new oil? sure, your automobile will run fine for you, but how well are you protected in the long run? i wouldn't chance that myself. I know how much an oil change will cost me, pay it, have the piece of mind that I did what i should have done and move forward.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
would you change the oil in your car, truck or SUV then collect 1/2 the used oil and put that back in your engine then add the other 1/2 with fresh, new oil? sure, your automobile will run fine for you, but how well are you protected in the long run? i wouldn't chance that myself. I know how much an oil change will cost me, pay it, have the piece of mind that I did what i should have done and move forward.

Good analogy. Penny wise and dollar foolish.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
If you were having a new lab built, hired an architect to design it, an engineering firm to approve materials, then found out your contractor was substituting materials to boost his profits, I'm guessing you would be furious and contacting an attorney.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score

I think a half used condom would of worked as a better analogy popcorn
btw, you're still a 'sales weasel', even if I enjoyed our banter the last couple years :).......and on that note, that's my 2000 post, not that I was counting, okay, the last 3 I was :p now I need to take a break :)

O

odchamp

Reaction score
We are all believing that a reused EMAX pellet is crap, so maybe its not a good analogy, still have no evidence.
I DONT re use the ingots, but where is the statement from Ivoclar saying don’t re use the ingots because of X Y Z, or did i miss that one ( most likely) .

ed 3

ed 3

Reaction score
We are all believing that a reused EMAX pellet is crap, so maybe its not a good analogy, still have no evidence.
I DONT re use the ingots, but where is the statement from Ivoclar saying don’t re use the ingots because of X Y Z, or did i miss that one ( most likely) .
there is no real proof of that . I've re-used for more than 4 years [had no remakes] buttons many times and see no difference between.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I think a half used condom would of worked as a better analogy popcorn
btw, you're still a 'sales weasel', even if I enjoyed our banter the last couple years :).......and on that note, that's my 2000 post, not that I was counting, okay, the last 3 I was :p now I need to take a break :)

Congratulations to Labguy

Let's look back on some of his more memorable quotes

popcornpopcornpopcorn

S

sepyoukey

Reaction score
reuse

We have been reusing e.Max for over 4 months now with no negative repercussions. First we tested samples cast from new ingots, once used buttons, and twice used buttons in a universal testing machine. The material actually fared better the more it was fired. Although Ivoclar initally recommended against reusing buttons, they are working closely with us on this, and, after seeing our results, have no objections to it.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We have been reusing e.Max for over 4 months now with no negative repercussions. First we tested samples cast from new ingots, once used buttons, and twice used buttons in a universal testing machine. The material actually fared better the more it was fired. Although Ivoclar initally recommended against reusing buttons, they are working closely with us on this, and, after seeing our results, have no objections to it.

With whom from Ivoclar do you speak of?