3Shape supported on Win 11 but having issues since upgrade

McFarland97

McFarland97

Reaction score
We've moved our design computer from Windows 10 to Windows 11 to get ahead of the eventual end of support for the Windows 10 OS. We did our research first and found that 3Shape publicly states that Windows 11 is supported but it seems that (thus far) the buttons on an order being created or modified are not highlighted. Previously they'd go from white to a grayish blue, but now the most difference you can ascertain is a level of 'embossing' on the bottom of the button. See the photo below for reference. See if you can tell which buttons are selected. Has anyone had this issue? If so, please let me know how you managed to fix it.

Notice how you can see that the standard crown is selected on the far left. It's noticable, but on our 2k resolution monitor, it's quite the challenge.

idIzrdA.png

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
This isa windows issue, gingival scan and pre op act the same, for now we just have to adapt, it really sucks hard! Not 3shapes fault. Cause same installer on win10 is fine.

McFarland97

McFarland97

Reaction score
This isa windows issue, gingival scan and pre op act the same, for now we just have to adapt, it really sucks hard! Not 3shapes fault. Cause same installer on win10 is fine.
I figured that was the case. I'll research possible fixes and update if I find one. I suspect it has something to do with the windows 11 moving away from the windows 10 'Aero' theme and reworking the taskbar code.

npdynamite

npdynamite

Reaction score
I would imagine 3Shape will give the go ahead for windows 11 before windows 10 support dries up. Knowing how finicky 3Shape is I would try to stick with windows 10 until things are better worked out

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Agree, Oct of 2025 is still a ways out there. The only issue is if I have to upgrade this 5 year-old PC before then, where Windows 11 will come pre-loaded as the OS. Hopefully, 3Shape can figure something out by then.

McFarland97

McFarland97

Reaction score
An update: This issue seems to be fixed on Windows 11 at the time of this posting. 3Shape must have pushed a hotfix for it.