3Shape Communicate 3D photos

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I was told, and I mean TOLD, that I should just take the 3d photo and overlay it to mark the margin where the tissue is over the margin on the scan? What I mean to say is when are we going to demand open systems instead of constantly playing by the software company rules. I run EXOCAD as many people here do. I am not a 3shape hater, I just don't see owning 2 of the same things, I know I have 10 different plier for ten different jobs. The difference is I paid 1000$ to 3shape for this dongle thing that is supposed to make the ten pliers into one for me. So Dr. says I sent 3d photo of the margin in that area, just superimpose it onto the scan data and mark it. The thing is I am not even sure where to grab the damn photo. I can see it in communicate, but how or where would I be able to export to the case file, if it can be done. I have been to the trios training at the Dr's office and they basically say the lab should just spend and get our software and then the patients won't even need to be in the same county as Dr' to get insert as they'll fall out the mill through the glaze bath and into their mouth. Easy peasy look at.......nevermind you get the point. Is it possible to use all the features of Communicate with EXOCAD and the 3shape dongle, if not why is it 900$ a year to renew? Thanks it advance, sorry so SALTY but I am not about to take responsibility cause the pandemic, economy, election and I stubbed my toe ouchy.....J/K thanx!!!!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
When I go on the Medit site to ask the same question only in reverse. How do I export ply files into 3 shape from medit/exocad ?
The response I get is from " sucks to be you" to maybe the dentist should change labs.

I don't have your problem because not only am I able to read those margins and do exactly what that dr is requesting,
I am also able to read the marked margin of my medit docs.

So I would be more pissed off at exocad than 3 shape but then again,
it sucks to be you and maybe he should find another lab.

you're stuck in the middle like the rest of us.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Mike, pm me that photo you're trying to import.