re-used e-max button?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Unfortunately, for the time-being.. I know shut my trap ;)

J

Joseph Haddad

Reaction score
As other colleagues mentioned, it's all about money and savings. I don't see why should any technician use repressed ingots when the dentist is paying whatever price you are asking for. Usually you ask for a price you see fair for the quality of labour, products and overall expenses you have in your lab. It's not even worth it when an ingot can make you up to 6 cores or veneers. In casting, companies tell you to put fresh NP metal or gold alloy at least 50% of the whole weight needed. I never heard any body complaining about this issue. The best thing to do in order not to let the devil bribe you is to sell your used ingots. That's what I did. Just one ad in the magazine is more than enough. I have always back orders for all shades. If the ingot which is around 3.2 grams costs me $20, I am selling the used one for $10 for the same weight. This lowered my emax cost to nil.
Have a nice day evey one. :cool:

P

paulg100

Reaction score
if your selling your used ingots your as bad as the people re-using them.

Are you that stupid that you cannot see you are risking the reputation of the this material/system if this causes a rise in failure rates.

If docs stop using it then you damage your own business and ours as well.

Labs already done enough damage to ZR's reputation by abusing it (partly helped by miss information from the manufacturers granted)

Some people are thick beyond belief. :stupido2:

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
they're using your ingots to make...jewelry? ummm, ....jewelry?
listen to Paul, don't kill e.max for all of us!!! you of all people should be forking over the money to have legitimate studies done!

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Ok, so I've followed the entire discussion. Lots of opinion, but essentially no actual fact. We agree we must follow manufacturer's instructions, and we agree we cannot afford to have failures that tarnish the brand.
Even though I have a high regard for Koreans and for the Korean academic mindset (their education and effort put us to shame),the study on Empress2 is old, and appears to be the only one. Has anyone seen any study-esp by Ivoclar saying re-using buttons is inferior? As someone earlier stated, Ivoclar wants us to continue to buy new ingots and lots of them. If anyone would want a "re-use is contraindicated" study, it should be them. It does seem strange I can find no study saying they fail.
This is a question for discussion only, not some twisted attempt to say it's cool to re-use buttons.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
If anyone would want a "re-use is contraindicated" study, it should be them. It does seem strange I can find no study saying they fail.

The blow drier at the hotel had a sticker that said, "do not use in the shower"

I guess they have to put stickers telling people not to do stupid things because they just KNOW somebody will try it. It they didn't cover it in training......don't do it. Seems pretty simple to me.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Tom, Mark,
This really isn't a "dead horse", and it isn't "pretty simple". While I respect your knowledge and what you guys have accomplished, the absence of information does not mean anything. There is an excess of opinion here, but appears to be no verifiable fact. There is no published study for or against re-use of buttons. Much of this industry as well as a great many others were vastly improved by people trying new things. Belittling those who don't immediately agree with you as "stupid" does not add to fact. At one point Empress was not supposed to be cut back. Why stick to opinion as if it's fact, unless it IS verifiable fact? Based on what those posting here have said, Clear Precision Dental went out and "corrected" themselves, much to their credit. If it is fact, anyone who has ever used a product outside the manufacturer's training or IFU is in the same position.

BTW Mark, unless you get exceptional pricing, your $12/ emax ingot is an astonishing price.
Are you really, really going to do something like this to try and squeeze an extra $4 worth of material out of a $12 pellet? Really?

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
We do more cad every day so the point is moot for us. 12dallar.....$12dallar..... Ivoclar see you coming. They must all go to salad place down the road from main office and make funnys at you expence.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
As other colleagues mentioned, it's all about money and savings. I don't see why should any technician use repressed ingots when the dentist is paying whatever price you are asking for. Usually you ask for a price you see fair for the quality of labour, products and overall expenses you have in your lab. It's not even worth it when an ingot can make you up to 6 cores or veneers. In casting, companies tell you to put fresh NP metal or gold alloy at least 50% of the whole weight needed. I never heard any body complaining about this issue. The best thing to do in order not to let the devil bribe you is to sell your used ingots. That's what I did. Just one ad in the magazine is more than enough. I have always back orders for all shades. If the ingot which is around 3.2 grams costs me $20, I am selling the used one for $10 for the same weight. This lowered my emax cost to nil.

I knew i picked a good user name for this site...you are f'ed up and i hope karma,god,and Buddha stick it to you where it hurts the most. You sir are a rotten person and will someday reap what you sow.

Bobby Orr ceramics

Bobby Orr ceramics

Reaction score
that's about the lowest part of the food chain you can go as a dental professional. Have some self respect. This is disgraceful practice. Why don't you sell your garbage to a 3rd world country as well ?? same thing.

corona

corona

Reaction score

Have a nice day everyone ?? have a nice day everyone ??? Joseph , i dont know what to even say to what you have just posted . Youd better be joking about this or youd better clean up your act quick, fast, and in a hurry .

I have an idea Joseph , why dont you call Ivoclar and TELL them you are SELLING your used ingots to other labs . If you dont listen to the other folks on this site , listen to what at least ivoclar has to tell you .

And tell me (if you dare ) what magazine are you advertising in to sell your used ingots ?

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
that's about the lowest part of the food chain you can go as a dental professional. Have some self respect. This is disgraceful practice. Why don't you sell your garbage to a 3rd world country as well ?? same thing.

Funny that. That is what America and other countries do with there old computer ware. The "sell" (dump) old computers to 3rd world countries and it ends up in landfill where kids go and salvage scrap metals from the insides of them but unbeknown to them, they are exposed to toxic substances.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Not to mention...Its illegal, as in 'against federal law'. Doesnt it say "For dental use only! Caution: U.S. Federal Law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a licensed dentist".

...and e.max is a patented and trade marked product...so unless its sold BY Ivoclar, its not e.max.

Last edited:
Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Not to mention...Its illegal, as in 'against federal law'. Doesnt it say "For dental use only! Caution: U.S. Federal Law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a licensed dentist".

...and e.max is a patented and trade marked product...so unless its sold BY Ivoclar, its not e.max.

You think US federal law applies in Lebanon? Ha

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
At the very likely risk of offending many of those whom I respect on this site...

What is this? Some sort of lynch mob? First let's all gang up and beat up Mark, now someone else? Let's call down curses on those who violate our sense of ethics?

IDEAS ought to be dissected and discredited or validated, but people? How are we all to learn if we have to fear that every possibly bad idea put out there will become personal?

NO! IMHO don't sell your used ingots! But understand that Ivoclar has taken no official position on re-use of ingots even though I suspect they will soon and should (I checked yesterday). There are currently ZERO validated studies on the issue. I suspect Mark and the others who oppose this are dead on right, but it isn't FACT.

Let's keep it to the issues, not allow it to become personal. I suspect we will all learn more that way.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
one of my clients is a Dr. Joseph Haddad

now i am very worried.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Don't worry, be happy! There are more than one so at least you can rest in ignorance!:)