Nobel Active RP UCLA

DESS-USA

DESS-USA

Reaction score
One that has a chrome cobalt base and cast with non precious. You can see it on our website - here is the engaging one for nobel active rp...also have them non engaging and on top of multiunits ...for almost all the systems - https://www.dess-usa.com/chrome-cobalt-engaging-4-3-5-0-rp-31-042/ . I have an instructions for use and other technical specs on them.
The following material can be used with them -
  1. Argeloy NP Supreme (from Argen)
  2. Argeloy NP Special (from Argen)
  3. Ivoclar Metal - Ivoclar recommends using Colado NC
  4. Henry Schein - PenCast P25 or PenCast P22

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
design mine in 3shape, mill in acrylic, acrylic the base in...
A7CAC5C0-1B6A-420C-A9BD-D99F5BF8F317.jpeg

1C256A9B-5900-433A-A030-F9BDC6C24045.jpeg

White out on the interface..

8E12D2EE-80B0-4203-A437-ECE78B48E5A0.jpeg

If you can speed up/ change how they are manufactured, they become quite lucrative.
I have about 10-20 units floating around the lab at any given time.

Add-on for an angled solution (Panthera Drivers)

01C00DBD-9826-4971-A89E-68CEC7A83669.jpeg

7E85DDFE-C347-40E8-A96B-9D361E09DFE9.jpeg

And the fun ones.... when it’s the only solution that makes sense.

0A931677-9648-48EB-A12A-94FB1E7DB4C5.jpeg

582ABA0E-37E6-4B32-B5D7-4DDC294EB1C2.jpeg

Straumann RN’s/ Angled, metal lingual,

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
design mine in 3shape, mill in acrylic, acrylic the base in...
View attachment 32783

View attachment 32784

White out on the interface..

View attachment 32785

If you can speed up/ change how they are manufactured, they become quite lucrative.
I have about 10-20 units floating around the lab at any given time.

Add-on for an angled solution (Panthera Drivers)

View attachment 32787

View attachment 32786

And the fun ones.... when it’s the only solution that makes sense.

View attachment 32789

View attachment 32788

Straumann RN’s/ Angled, metal lingual,

A few questions, as I believe your method is very useful!

- Which acrylic do you use for this?
- What purpose does the white-out serve and how do you get it off without damaging the interfaces?
- Any pitfalls we should be wary of?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
A few questions, as I believe your method is very useful!

- What purpose does the white-out serve and how do you get it off without damaging the interfaces?

In talking with my Zimmer rep, Chris B, hi Chris Ciao. I think he found out, and it makes sense. That it's to inhibit an oxide layer from forming
on that part of the abutment when casting.

If you ever watch the show Forged in Fire, they sometimes have to meld differing metals in "canisters". They paint the inside of the
canister (those who are savvy to do it) with White Out to help keep the metal from sticking to the sides of the metal canister when they heat them up.
So White Out must have a high temp threshold that can be used for our benefit when casting UCLA abutments, to keep the platform and hex pristine,
like Andrew's is in his photos.

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
In talking with my Zimmer rep, Chris B, hi Chris Ciao. I think he found out, and it makes sense. That it's to inhibit an oxide layer from forming

If you ever watch the show Forged in Fire, they sometimes have to meld differing metals in "canisters". They paint the inside of the
canister (those who are savvy to do it) with White Out to help keep the metal from sticking to the sides of the metal canister when they heat them up.
So White Out must have a high temp threshold that can be used for our benefit when casting UCLA abutments, to keep the platform and hex pristine,
like Andrew's is in his photos.
smarty pants

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Some nice responses there...

The white-out actually protects the interface from “flash”! I haven’t had flash on an interface in... I can’t remember when.

The W-o actually breaks down a little during casting, is broken down further by the Hcl bath AKA “super stripper”... and finally a steamer removes the rest. Aside from our “Layered Titanium Abutments” we never sand or bead blast our interfaces.

57F17975-3779-4C97-A33D-93C13ED24566.jpeg

Protecting the interface during de-vesting is also a bonus. The oxidation layer protection is there, but irrelevant when the cast-to is subject to multiple future firings.

9C516E5D-57A3-441D-873A-D243FB69A859.jpeg

Even lingual set screw cases get white-out on the threads

If you notice, the above frame, and all of my acrylic frames have a light thin wax coat.
Any clean burning acrylic will work with this method..

The thin wax coat avoids a “slow burnout”... as the acrylic has somewhere to go when it suddenly expands, avoiding a ring cracking.
I use a light, or clear, so I can see into my internal access hole.. important for angled cases.

Apply the W-o to surfaces cleaned with denatured alcohol... apply before investing, DO NOT let the W-o sit overnight. Especially on synoctas, replace, 3i or any “flat” platform. It will start to separate from the interface and create voids.

When W-o gets thick, toss it. It’s cheap. And literally saves 100’s in labor and redoing restorations...

Zhan sells an acrylic opaque and thinner.. trumask? The thinner thins W-o. MEK is the ingredient, and it nasty ****.. don’t sniff it.

Also, don’t get W-o on your wax..

Hope that helps

I have a thread on it somewhere.. UCLA’s tips and tricks
My other threads have it as well

Attachments

• F0C4F67B-F077-4A4E-949C-D271627612FE.jpeg
    F0C4F67B-F077-4A4E-949C-D271627612FE.jpeg
    144.5 KB · Views: 5
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Side note.. I even section and re-lute my acrylic frames after the interfaces are in, cured, and screwed down. 100% passive, and they stay that way. I don’t cut and solder frames.

When doing single restorations, cut your expansion liquid down to 4ml (versus my expansion ratio of 17L and 7W.)

You really want to minimize expansion at the interface... on bridges though, you have no choice.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
One doc? One case? A single? Smells like easy to pass on this case.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Some nice responses there...

The white-out actually protects the interface from “flash”! I haven’t had flash on an interface in... I can’t remember when.

The W-o actually breaks down a little during casting, is broken down further by the Hcl bath AKA “super stripper”... and finally a steamer removes the rest. Aside from our “Layered Titanium Abutments” we never sand or bead blast our interfaces.

View attachment 32803

Protecting the interface during de-vesting is also a bonus. The oxidation layer protection is there, but irrelevant when the cast-to is subject to multiple future firings.

View attachment 32802

Even lingual set screw cases get white-out on the threads

If you notice, the above frame, and all of my acrylic frames have a light thin wax coat.
Any clean burning acrylic will work with this method..

The thin wax coat avoids a “slow burnout”... as the acrylic has somewhere to go when it suddenly expands, avoiding a ring cracking.
I use a light, or clear, so I can see into my internal access hole.. important for angled cases.

Apply the W-o to surfaces cleaned with denatured alcohol... apply before investing, DO NOT let the W-o sit overnight. Especially on synoctas, replace, 3i or any “flat” platform. It will start to separate from the interface and create voids.

When W-o gets thick, toss it. It’s cheap. And literally saves 100’s in labor and redoing restorations...

Zhan sells an acrylic opaque and thinner.. trumask? The thinner thins W-o. MEK is the ingredient, and it nasty ****.. don’t sniff it.

Also, don’t get W-o on your wax..

Hope that helps

I have a thread on it somewhere.. UCLA’s tips and tricks
My other threads have it as well

Yes, thank you for using the word, flash (cp to oxidize),as that's what I get especially on the 3.5 UCLAs where the wax is so close to the emergence into the base, especially on the TSV systems. Thank you for admitting that, and for giving us this solution.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Yes, thank you for using the word, flash (cp to oxidize),as that's what I get especially on the 3.5 UCLAs where the wax is so close to the emergence into the base, especially on the TSV systems. Thank you for admitting that, and for giving us this solution.

The frame in the first pic are TSV 3.5’s non-engaging.. if I remember correctly.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
That it's to inhibit an oxide layer from forming
Actually, the alloy used for UCLA does not oxide at burnout and casting temperatures. Hence the ability to be able to 'cast to'. White-out is used to hinder the casting alloy to flash onto the implant interface, like it pretty much hallway does on Straumann tissue level UCLAs... but getting it off is not so easy as getting it on... I have used 'carbon paste' before, but I have not been able to find it here in the US.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm the most blessed tech in the industry. Never have had, once, flash on interfaces or even past where I waxed. Even using wax-it on everything including the interface before investing.

Are you ladies and gents using an air evacuation vent at all on the deeper end at the end of your wax up?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Actually, the alloy used for UCLA does not oxide at burnout and casting temperatures. Hence the ability to be able to 'cast to'. White-out is used to hinder the casting alloy to flash onto the implant interface, like it pretty much hallway does on Straumann tissue level UCLAs... but getting it off is not so easy as getting it on... I have used 'carbon paste' before, but I have not been able to find it here in the US.

I agree, that's the term the rep said and used, and I was going to modify the word, but couldn't think of a better word, term (flash),to use during my post.

Last edited:
Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I guess I'm the most blessed tech in the industry. Never have had, once, flash on interfaces or even past where I waxed. Even using wax-it on everything including the interface before investing.

Are you ladies and gents using an air evacuation vent at all on the deeper end at the end of your wax up?

Yes, oh blessed one, please let me send you all my UCLA's to invest and cast ;) :)

Last edited:
TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Everytime I comment on the UCLA thread I get one in the lab. You guys get beautiful results, but I still say custom titanium abutments is always the way to go...now watch, have had one UCLA in five years time, I commented so I'll get one now...grrr

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Yep, love the simplicity and results in doing custom titanium abutments, whenever I can.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Yes, oh blessed one, please let me send you all my UCLA's to invest and cast ;) :)
If I had the gear, you'd be welcome to. For some reason the landlord disapproves of un vented burnout ovens.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Everytime I comment on the UCLA thread I get one in the lab. You guys get beautiful results, but I still say custom titanium abutments is always the way to go...now watch, have had one UCLA in five years time, I commented so I'll get one now...grrr
I suggest you
stay away from the hemorrhoids thread ....just saying.🔥