Origin Intelligence (assessment)

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
For starters I have two full arch with 2 and 15 Diazir the rest will be printed wax for Emax. Full contour Ti( thanks Rob);) and another full arch with 2,3,14 and 15 Diazir with 4,5,12 and 13 milled Emax and the rest printed wax.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Forgot to mention further work on a minimally layered Zr crown. I took a look at the Zep crown and that is similar to what I had in mind. Also working on Partial clasp scanning for crown under a partial

T

TAB

Reaction score
Sorry to pull up an old thread but i just found these. Are these posts still accurate almost a year and a half later? Even with the latest 3Shape scanner and advances in technology?

What you really wanna see is the point cloud of the model if you have these two files in STL??

Download a 30day trial of geomagic qualify and shove em through that and you can measure the point spacing, then we can REALLY tell what one is more detailed.

ID love to see the results.

Here is some images from Sirona craplab of a typical scan.

Axial wall = spaces over 300um

aimg846.imageshack.us_img846_6836_pointcloudaxialwall.jpg

aimg842.imageshack.us_img842_3121_pointcloudaxialwallclos.jpg

Marginal area = ranged from about 80um to over 150um

aimg713.imageshack.us_img713_1980_pointcloudmargin2.jpg

aimg803.imageshack.us_img803_7957_pointcloudmargin2closeu.jpg

This does not represent the point accuracy, but it tells us how much arbitary data is between the points that make up the model mesh (which our restorations are calculated from)

And there was me wondering why nothing fits with the peice of junk :)

This is how i understand it, if im wrong then someone please correct me.

Thanks to Pete (K2 ceramics) and ***'s posts for pointing me in the right direction with this. :hail:

The model with the yellow crown design is Origin Intelligence. The other is 3shape. Both are scans of the exact same model. Check out the detail captured of the model. Ill let you guys decide which is more accurate......

alh4.googleusercontent.com__Dq69to6aLkQ_TpjZhP33PfI_AAAAAAAAGI29255033152b38baca4ccfd79d59cb8a.png
alh6.googleusercontent.com__Q9YI_3BMpBY_TpjZgFoF6NI_AAAAAAAAGIe43567037477d38f4a269b15c0814d6d.png

alh5.googleusercontent.com__4pINdrhrJqI_TpjZgICgejI_AAAAAAAAGI5507db22a2e59899737ebde270de62eb.png
alh3.googleusercontent.com__lzyfhn7ezGA_TpjZg7xvSgI_AAAAAAAAGI78f0dd3dcaf321fa0c440e1cf3499cf3.png
aimg846.imageshack.us_img846_6836_pointcloudaxialwall.jpg aimg842.imageshack.us_img842_3121_pointcloudaxialwallclos.jpg aimg713.imageshack.us_img713_1980_pointcloudmargin2.jpg aimg803.imageshack.us_img803_7957_pointcloudmargin2closeu.jpg alh4.googleusercontent.com__Dq69to6aLkQ_TpjZhP33PfI_AAAAAAAAGI29255033152b38baca4ccfd79d59cb8a.png alh6.googleusercontent.com__Q9YI_3BMpBY_TpjZgFoF6NI_AAAAAAAAGIe43567037477d38f4a269b15c0814d6d.png alh5.googleusercontent.com__4pINdrhrJqI_TpjZgICgejI_AAAAAAAAGI5507db22a2e59899737ebde270de62eb.png alh3.googleusercontent.com__lzyfhn7ezGA_TpjZg7xvSgI_AAAAAAAAGI78f0dd3dcaf321fa0c440e1cf3499cf3.png

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"Sorry to pull up an old thread but i just found these. Are these posts still accurate almost a year and a half later? Even with the latest 3Shape scanner and advances in technology?"

yes they are still accurate for a Sirona Ineos Red scanner. Obviously the point density will be completely different for another scanner. my advice.. dont go any where near the sirona scanners.

when i posted these images there were already scanners producing way better data.

think you may have got confused that the point analysis is from a 3shape or medit.

Last edited:
T

TAB

Reaction score
I realize the point analysis wasn't from 3Shape. But the model detail from 3Shape vs Origin is huge. If that's the detail 3 Shape is still putting out it makes me wonder how they got so popular...besides good marketing...How would anything fit with that much detail missing?

Am I missing something here?

I also remember somewhere in another thread I think *** posted point analaysis comparing other systems as well. I can't find it and don't remember what scanners he compared. I'll keep looking for it.

T

the_prez3

Reaction score
Very good thread. Greatly appreciate the review. Have you had any pmma temporaries milled at precision milling center? If so, how did they turn out? I thought they offered wax printing too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I realize the point analysis wasn't from 3Shape. But the model detail from 3Shape vs Origin is huge. If that's the detail 3 Shape is still putting out it makes me wonder how they got so popular...besides good marketing...How would anything fit with that much detail missing?

Am I missing something here?

Having used both systems and seen their results under high magnification, they both give equally amazingly well fitting crowns even with horrible preps. It's going to come down to what mill is used, which distributor you feel the most confident with, and which software you like better. So far I greatly prefer designing with 3shape, but exocad seems to have some more useful capabilities. Hope I have time to learn a lot about both in Chicago but unfortunately the bosses bought a straumann scanner with mental wings so I will need to pick up info on that :(

P

paulg100

Reaction score
what on earth made em buy that

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
A few possibly large accounts.

T

TAB

Reaction score
Having used both systems and seen their results under high magnification, they both give equally amazingly well fitting crowns even with horrible preps. It's going to come down to what mill is used, which distributor you feel the most confident with, and which software you like better. So far I greatly prefer designing with 3shape, but exocad seems to have some more useful capabilities. Hope I have time to learn a lot about both in Chicago but unfortunately the bosses bought a straumann scanner with mental wings so I will need to pick up info on that :(

Could you please elaborate on why you prefer 3shape over Exocad?

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score

mental wings. lol. it actually gives craplab a run for its money. you have the CS2 I take it? any thoughts? have you had any luck getting it to scan adjacent contacts? It seems to be totally incapable of it, making it fairly useless for full contours.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Now this may be strange to someof you, but I haven't used it yet. We've had it 2 Weeks. I skipped the training and had our main scanner designer go through it. this way he can't come to me every five minutes with a question cause I won't know anything about it! This is why I will be learning the basics in Chicago. My bosses main goal is implants with it.
I Like designing with 3 shape better due to the tools. From day one I felt comfortable handling them and knowing each tools function. With exocad it took a while to get kinda comfortable. After 20 or so scan and designs I still don't have it down. After 5ish on 3 shape I was doing great. I also like howthe workflow or screen setup is with 3 shape is too. Exocad seems to have a million hidden things you have to have a window turned on for that clutters the screen.
These are just my opinions

T

TAB

Reaction score
Now this may be strange to someof you, but I haven't used it yet. We've had it 2 Weeks. I skipped the training and had our main scanner designer go through it. this way he can't come to me every five minutes with a question cause I won't know anything about it! This is why I will be learning the basics in Chicago. My bosses main goal is implants with it.
I Like designing with 3 shape better due to the tools. From day one I felt comfortable handling them and knowing each tools function. With exocad it took a while to get kinda comfortable. After 20 or so scan and designs I still don't have it down. After 5ish on 3 shape I was doing great. I also like howthe workflow or screen setup is with 3 shape is too. Exocad seems to have a million hidden things you have to have a window turned on for that clutters the screen.
These are just my opinions

Thanks Riley,
That's the kind of info I like to hear.
Tom

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
I wonder if that extra detail is even possible to mill or print? How large you the smallest burr but that is used at your milling center and what is the smallest detail that the printer can print??

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
Mental wings?
as far as i know a machine is as good as the support you get from the seller and surly from the capability of the machine...
its been couple of months i have my dental wing scanner i have done difficult cases with it and had great results the fit amazing with zirconia. The wax copping is not as i want, when it comes 6 - 7 unit bridge with unparalleled insertion path like it was mentioned above i reseal them with margin wax.
But whats great about this long span bridges that i do clinical coping instead of a regular coping and that shows you the full contour of the bridge and
then reduces to porcelaine receiving copings, this is where I save my time on waxing by hand, for big cases i use my scanner to design, and guys like Al will save great time if they are doing full wax up or diagnostic wax up for there big cases.
any way i love my Dental Wing.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Mental wings?
as far as i know a machine is as good as the support you get from the seller and surly from the capability of the machine...
its been couple of months i have my dental wing scanner i have done difficult cases with it and had great results the fit amazing with zirconia. The wax copping is not as i want, when it comes 6 - 7 unit bridge with unparalleled insertion path like it was mentioned above i reseal them with margin wax.
But whats great about this long span bridges that i do clinical coping instead of a regular coping and that shows you the full contour of the bridge and
then reduces to porcelaine receiving copings, this is where I save my time on waxing by hand, for big cases i use my scanner to design, and guys like Al will save great time if they are doing full wax up or diagnostic wax up for there big cases.
any way i love my Dental Wing.

I am impressed you like Dental Wings software . I have it with a 5 series scanner for 2 years now . I don't have any problems regarding fit or anything else , but the design software is a nightmare . And it has too many bugs for my taste . I hope the 3.5 version that will be released in March to be better . I have seen some of the new features it will have and I am waiting for them to see them in real life .

Exocad just makes things look better and it makes them easier . I had a licence for a month , and with no previous training on it I was designing on half time than I normaly do with dental wings , and they looked better . I am buying it at the IDS .

Hary

Hary

Reaction score
Until know i did not get any bugs, maybe its because its the newer version and 64 bit with multi die scanning, just 2 days ago I did screwed zirconia bridge on 4 implants with titanium base abutment perfect fit.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Mental Wings and Exocists are a strange lot!