Full Press...LT or HT

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"How about for the 3d vita shade guide any imput on these."

yeah dont bother with it :)

Nearly everyone' s having a hard time learning the ingots for emax. Despite being a great system, i agree that Ivoclar could be doing alot more to educate people on Ingot selection.

The system manuals are not great at all in this respect.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
So were do you use any LT ingots at and can you give us your break down for the Lt ingots shade ..Thank you

The only time I use LT is for covering Ti abutments in the premolar region or
trying to match an old PFM bridge. I use 1-2 shades lighter than the Ivoclar guide suggests.
I don't really have a 'break down' for LTs, I'm using the guess and try method.

stumpf

stumpf

Reaction score
I'm sure i make something wrong,but my monolitic emax crowns are always looking bad.I'm designing with my 3shape dental designer software i'm milling it from wax,I pressed it,and stain and glaze,but the result is a "dead", not living crown....

P

paulg100

Reaction score
the LT press is not particularly vital looking no, so i wouldnt say your doing anything wrong (unless your press temp is unusually low which would lower the trans, but you would probably be getting miss press's before that happens.)

if you wanna do FC stained and get a nice result then you need to use the HT's or maybe the V ingots.

LT CAD looks nice but the trans is higher than the LT pressed, just to complicate things further :)

D

dhdc

Reaction score
Paul,i am pressing all my mono in LT,i will post some pics when im back at work on monday,and find the shades are good.I run my lab in a practice with 8 onsite dentists,take most shades and sit in on many crown inserts.I posted this thread as i kept reading that people are pressing in HT,i was hoping i hadnt missed anything,but couldnt see how the value would be high enough.I have tried a couple of HT B1 when 2M1 was asked for,and 1 was a remake as it too low in value!
In my experience even the LT can be a bit low at times,its funny how i was wondering if people were pressing LT/Ht and we have all these different combos to achieve shades,cant see how you could use the same pellet for A3,B4,C4???these things are good but not that good.
Ivoclar suggest LT for full press,and if you need A2,they make an A2...C2=C2etc,i think the V 1 2 3 may be the next thing for me to experiment with,its interesting reading everyones ideas though!!

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"its funny how i was wondering if people were pressing LT/Ht and we have all these different combos to achieve shades"

Yeah its tough, so many different combinations that seem to work different for each person.

If you dont have access to clients that are taking good photography and given their techs good feedback, ive no idea how your supposed to dial these in for yourselves.

All i know is for the most part, the HT's (1 shade higher than required) integrate better for posteriors than the LT's for me, although both can be fine, it just depends on the translucency your matching. Maybe i just happen to see alot of patients with translucent teeth ??
All my anteriors are fully layered labially.

"cant see how you could use the same pellet for A3,B4,C4?"

Yeah id need to see photos of that. That is to much shade shifting for my liking. Might Look OK by eye/on a model but on photos they would "look" to heavily stained for me i should think.

D

dhdc

Reaction score
Yes,i can imagine staining a vaule ingot to a C shade would look abit dirty/muddy!

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
Yes,i can imagine staining a vaule ingot to a C shade would look abit dirty/muddy!

good call on this. i forgot to mention prior that these new impulse ingots are definetely for the "cosmetic shades" ie: BL3, BL4, A1, A2, A3, B1, B2, C1. notice i left out the BL1 & BL2. these are so high in value that i feel i would be better off with using LT BL1 or BL2. anything darker than say A3.......use the LT series because shade shifting that much (as you mentioned) could be difficult.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I don't know how you can achieve a correct shade with the same LT shade? For example an A2 shade required and pressed in LT A2. It should be too high in chroma. I look at the individual LT shade tabs and compare it to the INCISAL part of a Vita shade tab. This is the color I have to choose and then I always do ND stumps. So when I choose ingots, I take in consideration the stump shade and the incisal part of a Vita shade guide. You can always stain the cervical half darker but not lighter.

J

jamhirschi

Reaction score
What stains is eveyone using to achieve all the shades with those 2 ingots A2 and B1?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
you guys are using the snot out of those LT/HT ingots and doing a lot of staining.....anyone besides me (and a few others ive seen) using the Value ingots? the IV1 IV2 IV3 ingots are great for posteriors and IMO look better than the HT/LT more often than not. just a thought

Top Bottom