ZirPress LT or HT

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im curious about your experiences comparing HT ingots to LT when pressed over a ZRo2 frame. Ive been doing a lot of PFZ, and Ive been using the press technique with LTs and have been very happy. The anteriors get some glass layered on but the posteriors are just stained and glazed.

If you've used the HTs, how do they compare?

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
would be concerned about "ghosts". zr showing through the ht.
wait...
they offer ht for press to zr?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive designed some 90% Zirs and veneered them with a thin enamel that look ok. Some supported copings and pressed the LT to full contour that looked decent, but look better with some enamel, so Im guessing that a full contour press with HT would provide more incisal trans and be a little quicker than layering on some enamels plus have the strength that you give up layering on the glass. With the Zir copings colored correctly and designed for proper support, there shouldn't be any issues with being gray from excess thickness like can happen pressing HT with the LD ingots.

My guess (and hope) is that theyre pretty. Ill find out tomorrow.

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Oliver Brix writes in his book that uses HT to press over the zirconium.
There are data and research on the strength of the ZirPress?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
ZirPress 110 Mpa

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Ok thank you.
But I mean if there are any studies on fractures and chipping compared to layered ceramic..

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Ok thank you.
But I mean if there are any studies on fractures and chipping compared to layered ceramic..
And if any of you have an opinion, arising from the experience on the issue

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive been doing both layered and pressed with zero failures on both. Not having any shrinkage on bridges is what got me started. I love it.

disturbed

disturbed

Disturbing Member
Reaction score
110? For real?
thats alone marcus. add a skillfully designed substructure with things in compression and things seem to hold up. i've tested in in a scary situation where my bridge was 8-10.6&7 were pfm with AL the porcelain chipped off down to the opaque.11 intact. 13 was a ball of composite. lower 6 intact and functioning soley off my bridge. 18 mo check up. no chipping,cracking or other issues...fingers crossed. doc and patient know its not ideal. all he could afford atm. again..please excuse spelling. . site 'issues...no cursor..big thumbs..

galaxe 2..hint hint travis...

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
I found this ..

Attachments

• apd_mgz_p1-2-5.pdf
    993.1 KB · Views: 19