Splint Print came out " melted"

E

Ehas23

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just designed my first splint , with the help of 3Shape support. I tried printing it today with my Asiga 4k, using the Ultragloss tray. I followed each step as I watched the Whipmix video on Youtube. unfortunately, it came out like this. Does anyone have an idea as to why this would happen? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    82.5 KB · Views: 82
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 46
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 40
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    99.7 KB · Views: 50
Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
How was it nested? We do not use supports. We nest ours by pulling the 2 distal ends of arch through the build plate slightly. Our splints are nested at about an 80 degrees to the plane of the build plate. We use the same printer, software, and tray that you are using.

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
looks like you tried printing it flat- try printing it vertically with a rough 12 degree tilt with the anterior closest to the plate

E

Ehas23

Reaction score
Here is how it was placed

Attachments

• Asiga Composer 1_31_2024 3_16_27 PM.png
    Asiga Composer 1_31_2024 3_16_27 PM.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 50
E

Ehas23

Reaction score
How was it nested? We do not use supports. We nest ours by pulling the 2 distal ends of arch through the build plate slightly. Our splints are nested at about an 80 degrees to the plane of the build plate. We use the same printer, software, and tray that you are using.
thanks for the reply, i placed it at 40 degrees as was shown on the whipmix video

C

CWilliams

Reaction score
I would be using Asiga's tutorials- you're wasting material this way, creating more work for yourself and not optimizing plate space

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
thanks for the reply, i placed it at 40 degrees as was shown on the whipmix video
We did too and went through the same issues. We are now printing successfully in the way i described. Not using supports also makes the final processing super easy and allows the ultra gloss tray to do its job.

E

Ehas23

Reaction score
I would be using Asiga's tutorials- you're wasting material this way, creating more work for yourself and not optimizing plate space
Thanks for the reply, i know this is all trial and error, but you're right. I'm going to go by what Asiga says. I'll search for a video now. Thanks

E

Ehas23

Reaction score
We did too and went through the same issues. We are now printing successfully in the way i described. Not using supports also makes the final processing super easy and allows the ultra gloss tray to do its job.
Awesome! Thanks for the help!. I will give it a shot and report back

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
ahhh I see, working on this now. Thanks for the help!
I lied! The tech I handed off all printing jobs to is nesting them like this now. She was getting some small holes in some of the splints so she started adding supports like in this picture. They are very narrow where they connect to the splint so they come off very easily.

Attachments

• IMG_1808.jpg
    IMG_1808.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 53
LabRat23

LabRat23

Reaction score
I lied! The tech I handed off all printing jobs to is nesting them like this now. She was getting some small holes in some of the splints so she started adding supports like in this picture. They are very narrow where they connect to the splint so they come off very easily.
We nest straight up and down with a base for added reinforcement to reduce chance of warp (We use to nest just like this though)

E

Ehas23

Reaction score
Any chance that you can share these setting on your Asiga 4K?

Attachments

• image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    64 KB · Views: 57
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Isn't it great to buy "the latest in dental technology" that's gonna make things so easy and profitable at the push of a button,
only to realize there's some special tricks the manufacturer or rep didn't tell you after the ink dried.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Isn't it great to buy "the latest in dental technology" that's gonna make things so easy and profitable at the push of a button,
only to realize there's some special tricks the manufacturer or rep didn't tell you after the ink dried.
Haven't we always been beta testers for pretty much any new piece of hardware, software, or material :)

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Haven't we always been beta testers for pretty much any new piece of hardware, software, or material :)
Yeah thats what I mean. Seems the latest is no different than the oldest....just more Zeros