I was going to buy the Otoflash G171 but…

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
For those who seen my post you know my struggle with printing with low capital and not wanting to invest so much. With PAC-Dent releasing Denture base 2.0 I finally can print dentures on my Phrozen 4K mini. I wanted to upgrade to the Otoflash with Nitrogen and shopped around. Found it for 3,400 with Nitrogen. Then I decided to check NK Optic who makes the Otoflash. They have two newer models with no info until February 20. Which is right around the time of LMT. So if they come out with a new unit I have to see how fast resin industry adapts and whether or not I can print if it’s the same light source. It’s DejaVu as when I purchased my first cure box (ProCure 1) Sprintray came out two months later with Procure 2. Curious on your thoughts or any inside info if someone can share. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_2990.png
    IMG_2990.png
    315.8 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_2991.png
    IMG_2991.png
    379.4 KB · Views: 28
A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
Otoflash is the most tested-on and validated curing unit on the market at the moment.
They're indeed coming out with newer, larger models, so I would wait until they release if you can. The original is a workhorse and is by no means a bad choice, but let's see what they have in store.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Update:

So I exchange some emails with NK Optics and gave me an overview of what’s dropping soon. Here was a section that’s most relevant for us.

The 2 new models of curing units will be presented on the Lab Day in Chicago end of February.

· The bigger one is the NK-Flash 250 with a chamber size: 250x250x80 mm.

· The model size between the Otoflash G171 and the NK-Flash 250 will be the NK-Flash 150 with a chamber size 170x140x80 mm.

The NK-Flash (250 I’m assuming, she didn’t state) will be on the market end of March 2024, the NK-Flash 150 will be available in summer 2024.

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
Update:

So I exchange some emails with NK Optics and gave me an overview of what’s dropping soon. Here was a section that’s most relevant for us.

The 2 new models of curing units will be presented on the Lab Day in Chicago end of February.

· The bigger one is the NK-Flash 250 with a chamber size: 250x250x80 mm.

· The model size between the Otoflash G171 and the NK-Flash 250 will be the NK-Flash 150 with a chamber size 170x140x80 mm.

The NK-Flash (250 I’m assuming, she didn’t state) will be on the market end of March 2024, the NK-Flash 150 will be available in summer 2024.

By chance did you ask them about material validations?
If a material is qualified on the Otoflash will the same settings work on these new lights? Or at launch will there be settings for the materials currently qualified on Otoflash?

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
By chance did you ask them about material validations?
If a material is qualified on the Otoflash will the same settings work on these new lights? Or at launch will there be settings for the materials currently qualified on Otoflash?

Just emailed them again, being the weekend and there in Germany probably won’t hear back until Monday. Will keep you posted.

mightymouse

mightymouse

Reaction score
Update #2

So she responded to my questions. It’s a bit long but I always try to get as much info as possible. For those going to LMT they will be in booth B-20.

1. Are the new NK150 and 250 using the same light (light bulb, spectrum of light) as the G171?, Yes, the same spectrum 280-950 nm stroboscope light

2. If so will current validations of G171 be sufficient for NK150 and 250?
No, not officially

3. If not how long until NK 150 and 250 are validated with the G171’s current list of resins.

Detax has already validated the NK-Flash 250, Keystone is starting soon with the NK-Flash 250. I cannot tell you how fast the other resin suppliers will be but I hope they will. From their (internal) feedback we know the stroboscope light gives the best curing results so I expect a strong interest from their side. Every resin manufacturer wants to validated as many post-curing units as possible (understandable),however, they are also interested in the best curing result (also understandable). Our new models are not just another LED device but devices based on the successful stroboscope light technique. Sorry to be so frank but we have developed and produced also more than 16.000 LED-based devices (not under our own brand) plus 140.000 devices with fluorescent bulbs so we know the difference between the different light sources well…

4. If possible any price details available for NK150 and 250?
The NK-Flash 250 costs 6.480,- €. It’s volume is 4-times bigger than the one of the Otoflash. So it’s designed for laboratories with a high volume. Regarding the NK-Flash 150, I will be able to tell you more after the Lab Day.

5. Can I buy directly from NK Optics if I wanted to G171.
Of course😊 Have a good and relaxing weekend!!

Thank you so much for your time and have a great weekend.

F

Foggy_in_RI

Reaction score
Amazing info!
Glad they are responsive to you; they didn't even thank me for submitting an inquiry... absolutely no response. Its a good thing they make great lights.

Thank you so much for the answers.

T

tuyere

Solutions
Reaction score
Lovely that they're releasing a large-format broad-spectrum flash tube curing unit. The standard otoflash capacity is miniscule so we just can't use it for most of our cases, given that we print hundreds of models a day, we inevitably have to use a bunch of LED cure units for the bulk of our post-processing. It'd be very nice if the big one had a vacuum pump, like the Dreve LCD units have, so we could avoid nitrogen for most of the resins that need atmosphere control to cure properly- not sure if that's compatible with the flash-lamp curing method vs. the LED approach with much tighter emission spectra, though.

F

FixmyDenture

Reaction score
Hi all
I have an OTOFLASH with NITROGEN, been using it for a couple of years, absolutely love it, but this morning the Nitrogen won't flow at all. I've changed tanks and still wont flow.
Any advice will be appreciated.

Top Bottom