Asiga Max or Nextdent 5100?

D

DenturistGuy

Reaction score
I'm trying to work out whether it's the right time to go digital and am trying to figure out which printer would be the better option(mills are on my mind later...),the Asiga Max or the Nextdent 5100. They both seem to be the most popular ones right now. I've been FDM printing(not for dental) for several years now so I understand a reasonable amount in general about printers. I am a denturist and would be fabricating removables as well as screw retained bridges. That being said, I don't plan on using the printer for fabricating the dentures or screw retained bridges themselves. I plan on using the printer for printing try-ins and possibly transitional dentures, nothing that would be a definitive restoration.

I've read that the Nextdent printer is a closed system and that you're locked down to using their resins. Is this still true in 2020? Are the print volumes close to the same on both printers? Is the layer thickness similar for both printers? I've read that the print trays for the 5100 are more expensive but last longer than the less expensive print trays for the Asiga. Can the Asiga print all of the same resins that the Nextdent can? Hopefully nobody has needed this one yet... what is support for repairs like for either company. Is there a yearly licensing fee for the printers?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers

Holy

Holy

Reaction score
I have been using Asiga max for a year and happy with the printer. However, I would go for one of those printers whichever has better support.

G

grantoz

Reaction score
asiga max 18months very happy will be buying a 2nd one soon.

Top Bottom