RPD frameworks

C

coris

Reaction score
Hello Peter, I have been looking into this since you kindly helped me.
The main medical PEEK company is Invibio. They are near you in Manchester England, but only sell PEEK for medical implants.
Is this where you got your disks from?

I spoke to them and for PEEK for use in dentures we need to get a CE marked CADCAM disc from Juvora JUVORA: Advanced Denture Material for Removable Dentures
they are the only company that has a CE Mark for Removable denture indications and with thicker discs 20mm.
Your Everst CNC seems to work nice. I wonder what other machines can work with it - if I cant buy a 5 axis. I heard Roland.

with kind regards Morten

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hello Peter, I have been looking into this since you kindly helped me.
The main medical PEEK company is Invibio. They are near you in Manchester England, but only sell PEEK for medical implants.
Is this where you got your disks from?

I spoke to them and for PEEK for use in dentures we need to get a CE marked CADCAM disc from Juvora JUVORA: Advanced Denture Material for Removable Dentures
they are the only company that has a CE Mark for Removable denture indications and with thicker discs 20mm.
Your Everst CNC seems to work nice. I wonder what other machines can work with it - if I cant buy a 5 axis. I heard Roland.

with kind regards Morten

Hi Morten, sorry it took so long to get back to you. Yes you are right the disks are provided through Invibio and we did some testing of the material to see how it reacted with dental products, They have started a new dental arm called Juvora. I had the guys round today and they were really nice, showed me some fantastic work that had been milled out of PEEK. Like you have stated they are the ONLY company that can sell the medical grade PEEK material and yes it is CE marked. We are going to run with this product again and really see what can be done with it. Ivoclar has loaned us a IvoBase so we hope to do some screw retained Peek bars. Juvora have given us the OK to openly talk about the material and show what we are making so I will upload some pics as and when we get the cases. As for other machines as long as a system is able to mill pmma then you should be good to go.

All the best Pete

rod

rod

Reaction score
Yes just enough to do the job, I don't want to say what material it is. I am sure somone will but I cant (confidentiality agreement and all that) but I think you will see more and more of this stuff being pushed through this year.
This is how she lists its properties, but we have done some R&D with this stuff and it has just the right amount of flex.

Allergy-free, as used in implants
High elasticity modulus resembles the natural, healthy bones
X-ray transparency
High resistance to wear, abrasion and corrosion
High stiffness and low weight
Sterilization capability
Retains its original characteristics even at exposures at
Conventional or adhesive cementation
Good veneer characteristics with conventional veneering for surface conditioning

All the best Pete

PEEK------- vox populi!

garbident

garbident

Reaction score
Hola,
Es un material espectacular.

Un saludo.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Wow man really nice frame design, You beat me to it, we have a job in now, that is sooooo close to what you have done, thinking of doing emax copings over it with some nice gum work being done by the denture guys. But great pic thanks for posting. Pete

garbident

garbident

Reaction score
Hello
Thank you very much, CAD design...3Shape.

garbident

garbident

Reaction score
Su trabajo es fantástico, gracias por compartir Pete

Thanks Pete,
Tomorrow I'll upload some pictures of structures hybrid.
I hope to share their experiences with material is.

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk HD

garbident

garbident

Reaction score
Wow man really nice frame design, You beat me to it, we have a job in now, that is sooooo close to what you have done, thinking of doing emax copings over it with some nice gum work being done by the denture guys. But great pic thanks for posting. Pete

It is a good idea... making crowns e.max on this type of structure... proves it.
A greeting.

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk HD