RPD frameworks

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Yes just enough to do the job, I don't want to say what material it is. I am sure somone will but I cant (confidentiality agreement and all that) but I think you will see more and more of this stuff being pushed through this year.
This is how she lists its properties, but we have done some R&D with this stuff and it has just the right amount of flex.

Allergy-free, as used in implants
High elasticity modulus resembles the natural, healthy bones
X-ray transparency
High resistance to wear, abrasion and corrosion
High stiffness and low weight
Sterilization capability
Retains its original characteristics even at exposures at
Conventional or adhesive cementation
Good veneer characteristics with conventional veneering for surface conditioning

All the best Pete

Peek

C

coris

Reaction score
I may have got this wrong, but at some show in Germany they were talking about making a partial direct by cadcam using a "juvora" polymer (whatever that is???). Not just making the mould to later cast the metal, but to scan then mill out the finished frame out of a plastic instead of the labor intensive casting/milling titanium. I know 3Shape have some new modules to design the RPDs so would cut down some steps if you could directly CAm the frame then add composite teeth/acrylic.

JesseD

JesseD

Reaction score
I have a test license for the 3shape rpd design. I've tried a couple and prited with 3D Projet. Pattern turned out good. Wasnt sold on design functions as I use SensAble otherwise. Far less tools. I believe whip mix is having a webinar on 3shape rpd design 10/25. Scanning time is far less then SensAble, and maybe design time would be lessened as well if I became more familiar with the program. Any one else use it? How do you do with metal dummies & metal occlusals?

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
I have a test license for the 3shape rpd design. I've tried a couple and prited with 3D Projet. Pattern turned out good. Wasnt sold on design functions as I use SensAble otherwise. Far less tools. I believe whip mix is having a webinar on 3shape rpd design 10/25. Scanning time is far less then SensAble, and maybe design time would be lessened as well if I became more familiar with the program. Any one else use it? How do you do with metal dummies & metal occlusals?

I use it as well and it is a lot faster/easier than the Sensable system. Yes, less tools and for those complex cases there are some things you can't do that Sensable can, like metal dummies and pontics but I just hand wax those in. Of course you would have to learn the softwar to get comfortable with it and increase your design times. I can get partials out in 10-15 minutes now after some practice.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
what do you see this doing to price? Now and down the road.

C

coris

Reaction score
Hi - I have seen clasp dentures like these also. But also I saw on Core3d trade stand some implant bars and attachement dentures. the material is a plastic called juvora.
I want to know if a Zubler mill can mill a disc of juvora plastic.

C

coris

Reaction score
Yes just enough to do the job, I don't want to say what material it is. I am sure somone will but I cant (confidentiality agreement and all that) but I think you will see more and more of this stuff being pushed through this year.
This is how she lists its properties, but we have done some R&D with this stuff and it has just the right amount of flex.

Allergy-free, as used in implants
High elasticity modulus resembles the natural, healthy bones
X-ray transparency
High resistance to wear, abrasion and corrosion
High stiffness and low weight
Sterilization capability
Retains its original characteristics even at exposures at
Conventional or adhesive cementation
Good veneer characteristics with conventional veneering for surface conditioning

All the best Pete

Hi Pete - another post said this was PEEK and I heard it called juvora plastic. it sounds like you have been doing research on it? does it still look good? what about for non metal implant supported bars?
thanks Morten Coris

C

coris

Reaction score
I also found this Italian dental lab showing juvora / peek for dentures and at a German show ***.
It is selling it for metal free and allergic patients

http://www.***-cologne.com/site/deutsch/news/juvora-dmc_metallfreier_zahnersatz_/

http://www.lastruttura.it/Products/IT_PEEK_-_polimero_medicale_ad_elevate_prestazioni.aspx

http://www.***-cologne.com/site/deutsch/news/juvora-dmc_metallfreier_zahnersatz_/

Does anyone know how much it costs to make a piece versus out of titanium? I guess it mills quicker like PMMA.

Last edited:
k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Hi Pete - another post said this was PEEK and I heard it called juvora plastic. it sounds like you have been doing research on it? does it still look good? what about for non metal implant supported bars?
thanks Morten Coris
Hi Morten, this is PEEK, really strange stuff to play with. been used in the body alot longer than the dental trade has had its hands on it.
We mill it the same way we mill pmma but it really is alot tougher. the stuff we got really was strong but it seems the manufacturer can make it to what ever strength we need. Have milled some bars on iy and they turned out really smart. Have even done some simple full anatomic temps with facial cuy back that were layered with GC. It seems thr guys who have it like what it can do but they have no outlet to sell it direct to techs or how it should be promoted, temps. partials, bars . One day a big player will run with it but until then...........

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Found some pics that show a bit of the stuff we milled, its a great material...
07122011796.jpg 04122011737.jpg 04122011741.jpg 05122011750.jpg 05122011778.jpg 07122011785.jpg 07122011786.jpg 07122011795.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
" reaching new peeks" ?....cheeky devil!

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
We wanted a catchy slogan to go with the lab name of K2, and I think it was my wife who came up with it, it also ties in with the Everest system, I know its Corney but..........

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Exciting stuff, any of them finished with the gradia? Do you use a silicone matrix for your composite? Youre using this only for temps right?

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
Exciting stuff, any of them finished with the gradia? Do you use a silicone matrix for your composite? Youre using this only for temps right?

Yep it was all layered in GC the bar was set up and done using the ivocap system as a provisional waiting for full intergratio then a Ti bar was made. Like I said really nice gear, you can do so much with this stuff. Pete

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We wanted a catchy slogan to go with the lab name of K2, and I think it was my wife who came up with it, it also ties in with the Everest system, I know its Corney but..........

Hey it's all good. It sure beats " let us fill that gap inside your yap!" :)

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
The picture of the new material if I set it out with the clasp fit that I see and the bulky major connector is the finished product would not be good enough for most of my customers, especially the lab customers. I've see a lot of new ways to do frameworks but so far to my eye hand waxed and cast and finished by a trained tech is still the best and most predictable way to make a framework. The newer materials and manufacturing processes are getting closer every day but IMO not yet.

k2 Ceramic Studio

k2 Ceramic Studio

Reaction score
The pics that are loaded of the frameworks are 2/3 years old and this stuff can be produced to whatever spec is needed as strong as steel if thats what you want with a good flex so its not brittle.
You let them know what you want and if they like the idea they will do it. if you want to wax it by hand then scan that in then why not. Most people wont and can't show what they are working on or the big boys wont let them play with all the new toys. These guys are working on new medical grade stuff all the time, loads of new materials available now, people just dont know where to look.