Removable lab going digital?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Digital dentistry does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it. Max Planck quote (modified by 2thm8kr)

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
You'll get my wax spatula when you pry it from my cold dead fingers. Probably next month or the month after!
I will probably always have a place for wax in my lab even when fully digital.

Denturion

Denturion

Reaction score
I just don't see a wax Tryin going away. I understand that you can do a monoblock........But. nah. I work at an in-house lab. Patients want tweaks and carving adjustments and reset sometimes. Wax seems like the best way to where I am. I am very excited about digital and I want to try it.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I just don't see a wax Tryin going away. I understand that you can do a monoblock........But. nah. I work at an in-house lab. Patients want tweaks and carving adjustments and reset sometimes. Wax seems like the best way to where I am. I am very excited about digital and I want to try it.
It will for certain patients. The real uptake will be in immediate complete at first. Color scan,remove tooth to pink, design, split file for teeth and base. mill and deliver..
The picky pains will always be 'round too. You'll still get to do resets, don't worry.;)

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I do see digital impressions as set in stone at some point. Personally I plan on looking into this at some point and offering . That said this will probably as far as I go digital wise. I plan to stay old school on the rest as far as my lab goes until I retire (if ever). I may take a job in a few years in a cool modern lab to see all of the new digital processes, however have no plans for now.

Trey

Trey

Reaction score
Our lab is fully digital on the C&B side. We do 3D printing and milling in house. We just got back from Chicago Lab Day and plan to beta test digital dentures with a couple of doctors.

The denture gets milled out of a monolithic, tooth shaded puck of a hybrid pmma. Then tissue tinting is applied to achieve the desired aesthetics. I'm thinking I'll use OPTIGLAZE - any other suggestions?

I included a picture of the example from Chicago - fully digital other than the tissue tinting.

Attachments

• IMG_0366.JPG
    IMG_0366.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 46
Trey

Trey

Reaction score
CMC is also going to offer this product if you wanted to design in-house and send them the file.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Our lab is fully digital on the C&B side. We do 3D printing and milling in house. We just got back from Chicago Lab Day and plan to beta test digital dentures with a couple of doctors.

The denture gets milled out of a monolithic, tooth shaded puck of a hybrid pmma. Then tissue tinting is applied to achieve the desired aesthetics. I'm thinking I'll use OPTIGLAZE - any other suggestions?

I included a picture of the example from Chicago - fully digital other than the tissue tinting.
Ballpark the pricepoint?

Denturion

Denturion

Reaction score
Sooo many questions!

Intaglio surface of denture not coming out correct.

Does the tissue staining fade over a short time?

How would the patient be able to have the wonderful experience of a wax tryin?

I think that offering more of a premium hand crafted quality denture would still be desirable by some. Unless everyone wants a discounted rate and price shops[emoji857]. I'm optimistic and putting my hopes on the hipsters and mellenial doctors out there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Trey

Trey

Reaction score
Higher than I want but you also don't have to pay for teeth. We pay $50-60 for a set of anterior and posterior teeth per arch. Plus we often have to outsource set-ups because we can't keep up! With us already having the equipment this seems like a no-brainer to at least try!

Trey

Trey

Reaction score
Sooo many questions!

Intaglio surface of denture not coming out correct.

Does the tissue staining fade over a short time?

How would the patient be able to have the wonderful experience of a wax tryin?

I think that offering more of a premium hand crafted quality denture would still be desirable by some. Unless everyone wants a discounted rate and price shops[emoji857]. I'm optimistic and putting my hopes on the hipsters and mellenial doctors out there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I'm going to run it through some tests to see how durable the staining is before we launch. Wax try in would be a 3D printed tryin. You could add some wax to the facial if you want pink but most people I've talked to said they get used to the all white try in. For us going digital is more about being able to handle the quantity of work coming in with fewer and fewer technicians available.. We will still offer hand crafted product but it will be produced by the lab we use for frameworks (not overseas!).