Open Itialian scanner, anyone?

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
It captures data fast. Lots of it!

It is Apples to Oranges to compare.

I saw almost 10gb of RAM being used yesterday for big case, and software was moving pretty fast. I was impressed for sure. Massive sets of data being used.

That case would simply be impossible with DentalWings. Just flat out impossible.

I have to go play.....be back later!

ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score

I saw almost 10gb of RAM being used yesterday for big case, and software was moving pretty fast. I was impressed for sure. Massive sets of data being used.

That case would simply be impossible with DentalWings. Just flat out impossible.

Dental Wings is not very bad...
COM-120314-1_SC_STATION_CAD_UI_1_1331730046875.jpg COM-120314-1_SC_STATION_SCAN_1_1331725460000.jpg

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
You cannot go past 4GB of Ram, No?

You have to monitor the "Crash-Meter" at lower Right on screen, and dump Ram Manually? It is not really capable of fully using a Modern PC with Windows 7 and 64bit OS full of RAM.

I played with it. I saw it crash 10x before Lunch with a room of Techs.

Scott

Last edited:
ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
no, i have 34 bits,only 1 g RAM,i worked 2 years on exocad software,now DW(is ok not the best but some nice things that exocad not has)

Last edited:
ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
I have a question,can you scan multiple prepareted teeth(lg. barrier) not have to remove one by one?on activity scanner i had to scan one by one

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
We have Multi-Die scan jig (Nine Position)...and can scan/design all at once, or One-by-One.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
no, i have 34 bits,only 1 g RAM,i worked 2 years on exocad software,now DW(is ok not the best but some nice things that exocad not has)

Oh? Like what exactly?

34 bit huh? Never heard of that. You must be tired or had a beer LOL :D

Your system would explode if you tried to open the case I was working on yesterday. Too much data. PoooF! 10x too much data.

Last edited:
NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score

Curious as to what dental wings can do that exocad can't?

I scan multiple dies in the jig or on the model. Not trying to jack your thread Scott just curious what in the world dental wings possibly has that we don't.

ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
i like on DW the transform part,i have all the option right there and i don't need to click scale,move,rotate.
P.s. i send a email to nobil metal for a price

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Exo is still the newest kid on the block.

There is more to come very soon. I think in a month or Two?

It will really help put the distance between the competition and exo.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Ice, just hold down shift or control in exo. Also hold down control during smoothing for anatomical smoothing and shift smooth for heavy smoothing and so on.

Macron Dental Lab

Macron Dental Lab

Reaction score

Nice pair that on this rig and BooMM
INTEL BLKDX79SI BLAC3,K 10-PAK DX79SI ATX BOARD QPI LGA2011 DUAL
64 GB OF DDR3 MAX=
3 -NVIDIA NVIDIA Quadro 6000G by PNY Graphics card - 6 GB - GDDR5 SDRAM
3- 20,000 RPM Raptor
A rig like this is on the 15,000.00 but it wont let you down.
Nice scanner.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
so where the scan yet, if this comes out good this is gonna be THE scanner ive been waiting for.

Oh and i meant to ask scott, are you having to rescan some areas due to missing data or is this thing managing to grab everything with one scan?

just came back from a sirona meeting today. every time i see someone trying to capture good enough complete data with that ineos thing to make up even a simple quadrant, just makes me want to slap em around the face and get em to wake up.

Last edited:
ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
*** question nobil metal italia gived you the PC?becouse in there quote they are giving me the PC,i will like to build a custom one

ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
I spoke to them and i can make my custom pc,can you please make some video of the scanner when you scan a model in articulator,exocad i know but scanner is new for me,i am very interested,thank you

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
still playing and adjusting scanning software....

Please stand-by......

ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
standing by here,i will like to see the feel of it

Last edited: