Anyone using 3Shape D2000?

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Anyone using 3Shape D2000? I would like to know how much cases do you scan per day?

We have an E4, but there is an issue. We have to ship it in for repair. 3Shape tech told me that it could take 3 weeks to 3 months depending on the issue. My boss can’t wait that long as we have lots of cases to scan. Yesteday she saw me using our old E1 scanner, it was really slow, she said oh your scanner is so slow im sorry for you. I scan like 30 to 60 cases a day that is like 80 to 90 units everyday. So my boss is willIng to buy a new one while waiting the other one to send it for repair.

What im concerned with the D2000 is the door, lifting up and down every scan for how much i scan per day? Do you guys think the door will go bad or have issue or problem sooner as i will be using 8hrs everyday. is there an option that the door can be open while scanning? Or should i just go for another E4?

What do you guys think?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Once in awhile I see ghost text posts. It's the same on my Samsung phone as well as my Windows 10 pc. What causes this?

2021-03-05_5-08-40.jpg

Otherwise, the post reads as follows:

Anyone using 3Shape D2000? I would like to know how much cases do you scan per day?

We have an E4, but there is an issue. We have to ship it in for repair. 3Shape tech told me that it could take 3 weeks to 3 months depending on the issue. My boss can’t wait that long as we have lots of cases to scan. Yesteday she saw me using our old E1 scanner, it was really slow, she said oh your scanner is so slow im sorry for you. I scan like 30 to 60 cases a day that is like 80 to 90 units everyday. So my boss is willIng to buy a new one while waiting the other one to send it for repair.

What im concerned with the D2000 is the door, lifting up and down every scan for how much i scan per day? Do you guys think the door will go bad or have issue or problem sooner as i will be using 8hrs everyday. is there an option that the door can be open while scanning? Or should i just go for another E4?

What do you guys think?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I only do 1/4th of the volume you do, and so far my D1000 door hasn't glitched out on me (4+ years). I think it's more of a contact switch thing? compared to a motor, more mechanical issue that I'd be worried about?

edit: 3 weeks to 3 months??? what a time line, way to go 3Shape in impressing us. Who is your re-seller, aren't they offering you a loaner, or would that probably just be a E1 loaner?

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Once in awhile I see ghost text posts. It's the same on my Samsung phone as well as my Windows 10 pc. What causes this?

View attachment 38056

What do you guys think?
Thanks ! Will send up the line.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have this ever? What machine/operating system, browser?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Chrome browser, Google search on both.

C

CadGenius41

Reaction score
3 weeks to 3 months? Who is your reseller and what country are you in?

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
In our experience, the D2000 hasn't been reliable.
We never had issues with the door, even though I had the same thought you did.
It's a potential future failure point.

Our D2000 went down after one year, logic board had to be replaced. After waiting close to 6 months (using a loaner provided by our re-seller, fortunately),we voiced our concerns and our re-seller shipped us a brand-new D2000 to replace ours.

A year later, our D2000 started producing poor quality scans, turned out we had a defective camera assembly.
We told our re-seller we don't trust the D2000 anymore after 2 failures and a so-so loaner.
They moved quickly and got us a refurb E4 which is better in every way compared to the D2000.
It's faster, quieter, can take a full articulator and takes up less space on the desk.

My advice is go with an E4 or at least E3.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score

View attachment 38056

What do you guys think?
He might be using a dark theme and then changing the color of the text. If you switch to dark it looks fine. He has another post were it looks like this one, are there any other posts that this happened?

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
That is what i am worried about too. I have been using the E4 for almost two years. Day before yesterday while scanning it won’t detect any object that i put on the scanner. Call my resller, they do a test, even 3shape do a test. I am waiting for them to send me the datails where i will be shipping off.

argen is my reseller.

i would def. go with the E4 no harm in having two of them as the boss is willing to get a new one.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
That is what i am worried about too. I have been using the E4 for almost two years. Day before yesterday while scanning it won’t detect any object that i put on the scanner. Call my resller, they do a test, even 3shape do a test. I am waiting for them to send me the datails where i will be shipping off.

argen is my reseller.

i would def. go with the E4 no harm in having two of them as the boss is willing to get a new one.
Are you using a dark theme and changing the text color?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
He might be using a dark theme and then changing the color of the text. If you switch to dark it looks fine. He has another post were it looks like this one, are there any other posts that this happened?

It's been random and to few and far between to be able to point you to another one. Thank you for looking into this, Travis :)

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
3 weeks to 3 months? Who is your reseller and what country are you in?
US, reseller is Argen

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score

argen is my reseller.

Travis, above is what the reply looks like.

"That is what i am worried about too. I have been using the E4 for almost two years. Day before yesterday while scanning it won’t detect any object that i put on the scanner. Call my resller, they do a test, even 3shape do a test. I am waiting for them to send me the datails where i will be shipping off.

argen is my reseller.

i would def. go with the E4 no harm in having two of them as the boss is willing to get a new one."

You all are with a good reseller...Like.
I Agree with another E4, more advantages with a door less scanner.

Last edited:
M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Are you using a dark theme and changing the text color?
I used a dark theme on my iphone safari. That could be the issue. Sorry about that. Well its really eye soring using that white background on safari.

Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
I used a dark theme on my iphone safari. That could be the issue. Sorry about that. Well its really eye soring using that white background on safari.
The dark theme is fine, use the default text color.

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Thanks you all so much for your input. My boss made the purchase for the E4. My reseller were out of stock. Might get it in about 3 weeks time maybe.

I got an email from my reseller, they do not have any loaner scanner at the moment, all went out to other customer. What a bummer me, switching from E4 to E1, i feel like i want to quit as it is very very slow. But i have a very good boss and she knows exactly what i felt and needed

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
For the record the D2000 is a fabulous and powerful scanner, I have owned one since the release and it's been bullet proof. All our large cases utilize the transfer plates for stratos articulators and our bites are perfect.

We also now have a E4 and it is even faster and more versatile.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I cannot use dark mode with black color font :) /s

Whatever you did, now looks great.
Thanks for keeping us posted about your scanner, it sounds like it will all work out for you and the labs benefit.

Top Bottom