imes-icore 450i all the sudden takes 10x longer to do the job.

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
The company i bought the machine from uses RemiCore.exe which missing all of the options to do that. It only has "File" and "?" menu. If i go to installation location it also contains Remote.exe and when i open it the menu seems to be available but its asking me for the password to use the software which i newer got from the seller. If i enter wrong password the Remote.exe closes. Is there a default password? Seems like RemiCore is the same software as Remote with bunch of options missing.

Password for the remote software is 'isel' all lower case

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
Ran an old file without any material installed on Remote.exe and it seemed too fast. Am a little bit afraid it going to break a tool but going to try it out whenever i get next job. I will let you know what happened when i do.

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
Ran an old file without any material installed on Remote.exe and it seemed too fast. Am a little bit afraid it going to break a tool but going to try it out whenever i get next job. I will let you know what happened when i do.
As long as your feed rate and velocities are normal it shouldn't be a concern breaking a tool. I've ran the remote software at 140% processing speed in the past without issue.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
Aren't velocities based on feed rates? The only options for tools On sum3D are

DentalTechTips

DentalTechTips

Reaction score
Aren't velocities based on feed rates? The only options for tools On sum3D are
View attachment 32486
In CNC machining terminology what is meant by angular velocities is the actual spindle speed (measured in rpm) and feed rates are the plunge or travel of each axis (measured in ipm).

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
you can tell its a very basic and underdeveloped toolpath by the lack of boxes filled in here.

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
It would be great If you could share one of your .CAM and .iSO (tool-path generated from .cam) files along with the time it took 450i to mill so that i could try it on my machine to rule out any issues with strategies and cam design.
Ill let you know how long it takes tomorrow.

Attachments

• 450test.zip
    7.7 MB · Views: 9
  • com4settings.PNG
    com4settings.PNG
    424.8 KB · Views: 31
A

alex_mex

Reaction score
Using Remote.exe takes aproximetly 40 min for single abutment where as using RemiCore.exe same tool-path takes around 4-5 hours

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
then its a software issue, contact your support people about uninstalling and reinstalling remicore.exe

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
I have contacted them earlier they took a look and said that everything seems fine. Ill just use Remote for now.
Now i need to figure out how to run calibration on A,B,X axis. X,Z is done.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
Ok, I figured it out. A and B are the only once that need calibration which you need to do using dial indicator. As for XYZ, those need to be done for each individual material holder. Need to set a Work Peace Zero Point for 'Vhf Pmma Disc/wax/[any disk type material]' another one for 'NT Trading' and another for 'ceramic' ... etc.
Basically one for each holder that you have.

Anyone know how precise the alignment should be?
I got it down to < 0.001 of an inch.
I guess it should be fine.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
Using Remote.exe takes aproximetly 40 min for single abutment where as using RemiCore.exe same tool-path takes around 4-5 hours
i guess it depends on abutment, tested another one yesterday took around 26 min or so.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
Ok, I figured it out. A and B are the only once that need calibration which you need to do using dial indicator. As for XYZ, those need to be done for each individual material holder. Need to set a Work Peace Zero Point for 'Vhf Pmma Disc/wax/[any disk type material]' another one for 'NT Trading' and another for 'ceramic' ... etc.
Basically one for each holder that you have.

Anyone know how precise the alignment should be?
I got it down to < 0.001 of an inch.
I guess it should be fine.
I guess your automatically calibrate X,Y when you do B,A calibration respectively.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
Got another issue. SUM3D software work-piece stack is out of alignment with the work-piece holder by 0.58mm in the Z axis.
Tried compensating by adjusting Work-Piece-Zero position on machine itself but when i do that i get abutments that are elongated in Z axis (i guess it does not compensate when holder is flipped 180 degrees).
If Anyone know how to adjust stack placement inside SUM3D please let me know.
(Found menu to move surfaces manually but it does not do so persistently. Need to do it each time I generate new file)
Thank You.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
Got another issue. SUM3D software work-piece stack is out of alignment with the work-piece holder by 0.58mm in the Z axis.
Tried compensating by adjusting Work-Piece-Zero position on machine itself but when i do that i get abutments that are elongated in Z axis (i guess it does not compensate when holder is flipped 180 degrees).
If Anyone know how to adjust stack placement inside SUM3D please let me know.
(Found menu to move surfaces manually but it does not do so persistently. Need to do it each time I generate new file)
Thank You.
Doing a bit more research, I found out that 3Shape is the one that defines the positioning of the abutment parts relative to each other.
Does it define position relative to stack_holder as well?
3Shape Control Panel -> Abutments ->implant systems Abutment Kits

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I'm starting to have to question why you have to go through this entire rigmarole in the first place. Your Z alignment in the stockholders should not be off at all, but you are correct that the cad system does dictate the orientation of all of the parts in the implant Library. This is not a bug this is on purpose, the cad has to know the alignment of all of the parts in order to create a correct design, if any of these parts are misaligned then the design will be off by a large margin. The cam does not have to know all of the parts in the system however it does need to know the important part in this case the abutment. If you were in the business of manufacturing your own titanium base then the important part would be the titanium base. If you were in the business of manufacturing the implant then the implant would be the important part. The fact that you need to do realignment of any of these pieces causes me to be concerned that something was overwritten in your previous installation or should I say your newest installation of your cam. This alignment of all of this pieces should never need to be touched the fact that you need to do it is worrying. I do not think that your cam supplier support would simply shrug you off as though there were no problems. If you have explained to them all of the things you have done to try to find the reason for the long time, and this misalignment, most cam providers would easily create a new installation because as above it should not be something you need to modify. Yes the cad and the cam do need to talk to each other but only in so far as the important piece to be manufactured. Other data pertaining to the case need not be communicated. How did you arrive at the conclusion that your surface was 0.58 mm stretched in the wrong direction? Did you manufacture something ordinary such as a cube in order to determine incorrect sizing? Did you fire your last machine operator?

No the cat does not take into account any of the cam surfaces. CAD operations must occur before cam and not after. So the cad will not use any cam surfaces in order to generate CAD data.

A

alex_mex

Reaction score
I'm starting to have to question why you have to go through this entire rigmarole in the first place. Your Z alignment in the stockholders should not be off at all, but you are correct that the cad system does dictate the orientation of all of the parts in the implant Library. This is not a bug this is on purpose, the cad has to know the alignment of all of the parts in order to create a correct design, if any of these parts are misaligned then the design will be off by a large margin. The cam does not have to know all of the parts in the system however it does need to know the important part in this case the abutment. If you were in the business of manufacturing your own titanium base then the important part would be the titanium base. If you were in the business of manufacturing the implant then the implant would be the important part. The fact that you need to do realignment of any of these pieces causes me to be concerned that something was overwritten in your previous installation or should I say your newest installation of your cam. This alignment of all of this pieces should never need to be touched the fact that you need to do it is worrying. I do not think that your cam supplier support would simply shrug you off as though there were no problems. If you have explained to them all of the things you have done to try to find the reason for the long time, and this misalignment, most cam providers would easily create a new installation because as above it should not be something you need to modify. Yes the cad and the cam do need to talk to each other but only in so far as the important piece to be manufactured. Other data pertaining to the case need not be communicated. How did you arrive at the conclusion that your surface was 0.58 mm stretched in the wrong direction? Did you manufacture something ordinary such as a cube in order to determine incorrect sizing? Did you fire your last machine operator?

No the cat does not take into account any of the cam surfaces. CAD operations must occur before cam and not after. So the cad will not use any cam surfaces in order to generate CAD data.
I milled an abutment without changing anything and it came out exectly as cam (sum3d) showed it. looking at transparent tool holder and abutment at the same time you can see that holes of the stack(abutment) are out of alignment with the tool holder. I moved the stack manually to align the holes which was 0.58 in Z axis. I also used a dial indicator to measure the abutment itself and the numbers it is off were relatively close to that value. It basically cut too much of the top and then lives a lot of material on the bottom as if the center point is 0.58mm lower than it actually is.

Premilled Abutment NT-Trading

Attachments

• 20190507_212458[1].jpg
    20190507_212458[1].jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 20190507_212517[1].jpg
    20190507_212517[1].jpg
    79 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
A

alex_mex

Reaction score
So i tried manually adjusting surfaces and curves to align everything and put it though the mill. 1 abutment under 25 min, cuts everything out perfectly in z-axis (was afraid because it seemed like it was cutting too fast).

Only thing is that every time i load cad file(3shape) into cam(sum3d) i need to do manual alignment of curves and surfaces and offset z-axis by 0.58mm
If anyone know how to make it persistent please let me know

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Anyone know the password for imes to do a 5axis calibration block?