VHF S5m or Imes Icore 150i Pro? Help!

R

Roketta

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm in process of buying first mill machine. Since I have no prior experience with milling I was wondering if anyone with more experience could suggest which one you think would be better pick. They are both dry/wet mill machines which would be mostly used for zirconia and Emax, PMMA from time to time.

They are similar price, with kind of same good quality support from dealers. VHF use their CAM software and Imes comes with HyperDent. I dont know about performance wise, they both state you can mill pretty much everything. Is one machine much better than other? For example like if I could mill titan/CoCr from time to time (like 1 bar per month or something like that) or are both kind of same quality and as mentioned by my colleagues it should be avoided milling that unless you want to damage spindle.

I know from reading forums here that many people had problems with their Imes 150i. Couldn't find any info from anyone using S5 or S5m (they suppose to be same, only difference is S5 has blank changer)

Since I would be also buying sintering furnace, what would you suggest. I'm deciding between basic Tabeo-2/M/Zirkon-120 and HTS-2/M/Zirkon-120-MV. I know HTS has quick program, couldn't find any difference between them other than that. I'm not sure approx. extra 2k is worth it since I have lab at home and can load furnace pretty much any time of the day. Some friends said Tabeo is enough while others made example when you need to rush some case you can have crown ready for glazing in few hours (not sure how many times that even happen to me).

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
I have VHF S5 and two HT-2M/Zirkon-120 furnaces, so far few very minor problems that I took care of my self with guidance from tech support. I am a one man lab same as you, I figure since your lab is at home. For me the 8 disc changer is a must. Saves time, for instance the machine can mill 8 different discs during my time away from the lab.
I only mill dry, I don't think I can clean the mill well enough after milling wet to switch from wet to dry. If I ever decide to mill emax I will buy a small wet mill specifically for that.

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
since you want to do emax, look at the Axsys Versamill 314DW, and for furnaces Axsys offers Dekema.

the title of that link is messed up but the page is correct. it does not lead to the 5x400 page.

R

Roketta

Reaction score
I have VHF S5 and two HT-2M/Zirkon-120 furnaces, so far few very minor problems that I took care of my self with guidance from tech support. I am a one man lab same as you, I figure since your lab is at home. For me the 8 disc changer is a must. Saves time, for instance the machine can mill 8 different discs during my time away from the lab.
I only mill dry, I don't think I can clean the mill well enough after milling wet to switch from wet to dry. If I ever decide to mill emax I will buy a small wet mill specifically for that.
Did you ever mill CoCr or titan on it or is that just for marketing purposes? How do you like software, I guess you are using DentalCAM from vhf?

Also I would prefer buying seperate mills for wet and dry but thats more expensive and currently my budget is limited. I'm planning on going down that road eventualy but 1 machine will have to do it for now. However I'm well aware of cleaning and drying chamber bettween switching from wet to dry or other way around and that it takes time but I have friend who also has 1 mill for both and manage to make it work on quantites much higher than mine so I think I wont have problems for now.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Did you ever mill CoCr or titan on it or is that just for marketing purposes? How do you like software, I guess you are using DentalCAM from vhf?

Also I would prefer buying seperate mills for wet and dry but thats more expensive and currently my budget is limited. I'm planning on going down that road eventualy but 1 machine will have to do it for now. However I'm well aware of cleaning and drying chamber bettween switching from wet to dry or other way around and that it takes time but I have friend who also has 1 mill for both and manage to make it work on quantites much higher than mine so I think I wont have problems for now.
I only milled zirconia, pmma and wax on my mill You can buy a wet mill and mill zirconia wet on it that way one mill can mill everything.