Sintering furnace for zirconia

Which furnace would you get today?

• Total voters
R

rookiee

Reaction score
Guys, I have a second furnace from same manufacturer and problems were and are geting worse and worse, their behavior is at least crazy to say, also communication. I know some would think hey, they have to have a reason, he is pain in th ass etc...trust me, all I want is my zirconia to be properly sintered and manufacturer is no some cheap company...but I won't go to details or names...

So please, enlight me, which furnace should I buy? After problems, which occured to my colleagues with same furnaces, I don't trust anyone anymore but still need to get something. Let me just tell you, my furnaces is high capacity, MoSI elements speed furnace with a brand on it. But please, enlight me what to be careful about it, who are manufacturers of good heating elements, what is important...I am brainstorming since I can't sleep while loosing money and business. When I think, there are Ivoclar, Vita, Nabertherm, Mihm Vogt, Dekema, Zubler etc and then it ends for me. I am not heavy duty lab or milling center but I sinter daily like 10, 15 units, don't use infiltration, no speed sintering I just need my Katana to come out perfect as it used to at 1550.

So please, what to watch out since one of the mentioned furnaces is sitting in my lab diging me an early grave.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I used a couple and then started losing sleep because they just went to shlt. Replaced elements, cleaned, recalibrated it for the 15,000th time and still were coming out like shlt. Finally got with Ivoclar and purchased a couple S1s and sleep great these days. They even have a six month program to pay off if you're strapped for cash. Sucks throwing down $20k but soooo happy I did it. Plus, I love the regenerate cycle on those S1s. You see your elements are getting frosty or fuzzy after a few months, hit regenerate and 5 hours later they look new again. I don't care if the dam element cost $750 each, been almost two years and haven't had to replace one yet and I cant tell you how much I spent on the others elements, seemed I was replacing them all the time...granted, much cheaper but I went through ten of them in a year.

R

rookiee

Reaction score
I used a couple and then started losing sleep because they just went to shlt. Replaced elements, cleaned, recalibrated it for the 15,000th time and still were coming out like shlt. Finally got with Ivoclar and purchased a couple S1s and sleep great these days. They even have a six month program to pay off if you're strapped for cash. Sucks throwing down $20k but soooo happy I did it. Plus, I love the regenerate cycle on those S1s. You see your elements are getting frosty or fuzzy after a few months, hit regenerate and 5 hours later they look new again. I don't care if the dam element cost $750 each, been almost two years and haven't had to replace one yet and I cant tell you how much I spent on the others elements, seemed I was replacing them all the time...granted, much cheaper but I went through ten of them in a year.

Tnx for input. I thought I bought BMW but got Suzuki I guess, no offence.

L

labtek

Reaction score
Guys, I have a second furnace from same manufacturer and problems were and are geting worse and worse, their behavior is at least crazy to say, also communication. I know some would think hey, they have to have a reason, he is pain in th ass etc...trust me, all I want is my zirconia to be properly sintered and manufacturer is no some cheap company...but I won't go to details or names...

So please, enlight me, which furnace should I buy? After problems, which occured to my colleagues with same furnaces, I don't trust anyone anymore but still need to get something. Let me just tell you, my furnaces is high capacity, MoSI elements speed furnace with a brand on it. But please, enlight me what to be careful about it, who are manufacturers of good heating elements, what is important...I am brainstorming since I can't sleep while loosing money and business. When I think, there are Ivoclar, Vita, Nabertherm, Mihm Vogt, Dekema, Zubler etc and then it ends for me. I am not heavy duty lab or milling center but I sinter daily like 10, 15 units, don't use infiltration, no speed sintering I just need my Katana to come out perfect as it used to at 1550.

So please, what to watch out since one of the mentioned furnaces is sitting in my lab diging me an early grave.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
2 - S1's Very satisfied with the ovens. Let alone any follow up support I may need in working with Ivoclar.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Ron at TD dental has inexpensive Sintering furnaces that are great back up furnaces. I have one and it works perfect. Everyone needs critical redundant systems.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Can you share Ron contact info please

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Can you share Ron contact info please

Here's "the man, the myth, the legend" Ron of TD dental's contact info :)

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Keep in mind these inexpensive sintering furnace elements will most likely not last more than a year if used for 1 or two cycles per day. Mine went out right at 1 year. It wasn't the elements though, something else internally. Since then I got an ivoclar S2 which is awesome. But I thank Ron at TD dental becuase it got me through covid lockdowns when no one else could get one shipped to me in time. If used as an inexpensive backup it should last longer.

Accutech

Accutech

Reaction score
I think all of the above mentioned furnaces are great. I personally use Dekema and it’s great!

It sucks to hear you weren’t given needed attention to get your work done.

Anyway if your furnace is in good condition (no bad heating elements or thermocouple) make sure you have consistent power / amperage from your electrical outlet/ receptacle.
It’s more important than you think. If you don’t know how to check that, you need to call an electrician.
Good luck.
Thomas.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
Pretty sure its the thermocouple or something along those lines. I have two other furnaces that work fine so I haven't taken the time to investigate any further.