HyperDent settings

user name

user name

Reaction score
My computers did a restart after the latest windows update and for reasons I don't understand, my settings changed...for instance, load wizard was selected even though I don't use it. I got that fixed, but when I load a part in a disc, it always defaults to showing me the X axis measurement. Where do I find the place to change the default to Z axis measurement?

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Hey guys, when you switch to the Z-axis measurement, it should use that setting until you change it again. The only reason it might not be saving the measurement axis as your new default is if you have multiple hyperDENT windows open. Make sure to close them all, open 1, change the setting, load your part and calculate, then close and reopen as many windows as you'd like.

Let me know if that helps!

user name

user name

Reaction score
Hey guys, when you switch to the Z-axis measurement, it should use that setting until you change it again. The only reason it might not be saving the measurement axis as your new default is if you have multiple hyperDENT windows open. Make sure to close them all, open 1, change the setting, load your part and calculate, then close and reopen as many windows as you'd like.

Let me know if that helps!
I closed everything and reopened the CAM. Every time it defaults to measuring X. Grrr

user name

user name

Reaction score
Well, got it figured out. Thanks guys. I was opening 'load part', then selecting file. I was thinking I had to change it on the file selection window. I didn't even see that it was right there on the load part window too. Set it and its all good.

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Sounds good! And for future reference, that advise still applies whenever you have more than 1 window open and you're attempting to change your settings.