New exocad version 5675

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
Engine build 5675
2015-07-16
General announcement
  • Who can use this software version?

Anyone who is entitled to software updates: That is, if the dongle was purchased less than a year ago, or if an update contract has been purchased that covers the current period. Remember that you can get an individual quote for an update contract by entering the serial number of the dongle in exoportal; the system will calculate the price considering the modules activated and the time since the last update period. We still have a cap for the surcharge for a gap in update contracts - so even for dongles purchased four years ago and never got an update contract so far, you can get an update to the latest version at a very reasonable price!

Which OS platforms are supported?
    Even though the new software features a "Windows 8 style" look, it will still run on Windows 7. Windows 8 and 8.1 are also supported. The 32-bit version supports both 32-bit and 64-bit OS, though 64-bit is recommended.
Scanner Integration
  • New
    Digital impression scan beta option available for scanning more than one bite impression

• Improvement
    Updated SDK version to support many new scanner models of 2015. Note: Only the 64-Bit version is recommended for using exoscan due to memory requirements.

• Improvement
    Changed multi-die import matching to preserve surfaces of previously registered dies when adding a new die to allow working with preparations/dies which are very close together or even intersect visually due to scanner inaccuracies

• Improvement
    Best fit registration is now executed automatically when working with “-preregistered” files

• Improvement
    Added configuration option to allow vestibular scan registration with flipped normals for impression scanning (JawRegistrationSurfaceNormalsMayBeInverted)

• Improvement
    Digital impression antagonist scan type is now supported with exoscan desktop scanners that offer impression scanning including the case of two healthy jaws

• Improvement
    exoscan would show Antagonist for both jaws when working with healthy teeth in impression scan mode
DentalDB
  • New
    Scanimport04 for Planmeca's IOS PlanScan added

• Improvement
    General scan-import behavior improvements

• Improvement
    Add-option to enable project dependent indicator buttons

• Improvement
    In some skins when opening combobox with elements grouped then some elements may not be displayed (e.g. in Color-Dropdown)

• Improvement
    Fix for duplicate tray number after user deleted a project from the database
DentalDB/dentalshare
  • Improvement
    Use cloud-based material configuration only if dentalshare recipient user/group has explicitly specified (uploaded) a material configuration
DentalDB/Work Params
  • Change
    Updated 3M Lava™ material configuration
DentalCAD
  • New
    Bridge split feature is now available for advanced designs or optimized production

• New
    New Freeform beta feature to add attachments/bolts that go ‘through’ the crown (needs to be enabled in settings.xml by AttachmentInFreeformShowOptionAllowTouchAnything, and user must activate it manually). Useful for adjustable construction elements for telescopical crowns (e.g. Si-tec TK-Soft).

• New
    Added option InlayBlockoutPreplineIfParamIsZero to (default)-settings.xml allow blocking out of preparation margins due to undercuts (default=off like in previous versions)

• Improvement
    Freeform applied attachment/bolt surfaces now avoid getting fuzzy after closing freeform dialog

• Improvement
    Interoperability of scene files between 32/64-bit DentalCADApp improved e.g. when working with 2D-Images

• Improvement
    Tool for creating the tooth library setup can now also edit approximal contact points (Shift+Click to reposition approx. contacts)

• Improvement
    Face scan and textured scan rendering improved, and support .obj files where the texture file name is referenced in a separate .mtl file

• Improvement
    Improved error reporting behavior in case of crashes (regression fix since transition to Microsoft .NET 4.0)

• Improvement
    Software online activation dialogue is now only displayed once

• Improvement
    Attachment scaling is now configurable with flag in Attachment library config.xml (default is NOT scalable due to many requests by attachment library providers)

• Improvement
    Fixed Inlay tooth model adaptation crash in some cases when new option InlayAdapationIntelligentCutting was not disabled

• Improvement
    Waxups can now be adapted to gingiva when they were designed on manually placed implants (without implant library)

• Improvement
    Waxup automatic axis estimation might lead to exception messages or wrong coloring in Distance to antagonist tools

• Improvement
    Freeform merged in rare circumstances when user changes design and closes dialogue very fast afterwards, it might lead to wrong .constructionInfo files due to cache issues

• Improvement
    Pontic occlusal axes might be upside down after using Load custom tooth model in some scan data configurations (and then it’s bottom cannot be adapted to gingiva)

• Improvement
    Image2D bugfixes in spline drawing and to delete loaded images
Articulator
  • New
    New articulator “bioArt A7 Plus” added

• Improvement
    Improved automatic removal of intersections between both jaws in scan data editor step when working without registered jaw coordinate systems, or where scan data is very inclined

• Improvement
    Crash bugfix when restarting articulator where protrusion was not calculated in previous simulation
Model Creator
  • Improvement
    General robustness improved especially with lab analogues

• Improvement
    Improve visual rendering of base plate geometries

• Improvement
    .modelInfo can export “Drill holes” when configured in plates

• Improvement
    Bugfix in .modelInfo file export in some configurations

• Improvement
    1-click tooth model segmentation crash bugfix in rare cases
Provisional Module
  • Improvement
    Preserve scan data vertex-coloring in provisional module

• Improvement
    1-click tooth model segmentation crash bugfix in rare cases
Nesting
  • Improvement
    STL-Import wizard optimized

• Improvement
    Premill-Abutment support also possible when importing raw stl files

• Improvement
    Loading .constructionInfo robustness improved when loading files from other software versions

• Improvement
    Support for multilayer blanks with configurable layer colors and sizes
3D PDF
  • Improvement
    Optimized output data was not compatible with current Adobe Reader versions when scan data had topology errors
exoViewer
  • Improvement
    Function to visualize open edges in meshes now also visualized topology problem points
Tooth Library ZRS
  • Change
    Improved and extended tooth library add-on "ZRS" now available
    • 61 sets of upper arch anterior teeth
    • 19 sets of lower jaw anterior teeth
    • 19 sets of upper arch posteriors
    • 19 sets of lower jaw posteriors

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
Denture module available for beta testing
With the new denture module, exocad provides a digital solution for designing full dentures. Model analysis can be performed digitally and the results will be used for an automatic tooth setup suggestion. The prosthetic can be milled or printed, or produced using a combination of these methods.

You are invited to test the beta version of the denture module. To get the module integrated perfectly in your production process we need some information beforehand:
What is the complete workflow including the production process going to look like?
Do you hold any licenses for trademarks or patents for the production process yet or are you the owner of a patent?
Who is your intended supplier for library teeth?
Who is your company’s contact person for this project?
Please send your request for beta testing along with your implementation concept to [email protected]

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Up and running. Whoop!

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
You don't need for the attachement.
Scan your attachement and save it as .stl file and when you have the attachement wizzard, you are able to import your stl file. Also you can directly put inside your conception all attachement (or any object that you have scan) into your conception.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Its always a big plus when we get new updates. What I'm waiting for is improved proposals and adapting to cut down designing time.
Are we going to see any improvements in this update where it really counts, better proposals/adapting to antagonist ? this is where 3shape is miles ahead with their Cad program.
I am extremely excited about the new and now larger ZRS libraries, and I hope it's really improved since I just learned about the library.

Jean-Michel, any word on your side of the world with Medit's Driver problem that creates slower scanning with Medit SE scanner ? Taking 10 minutes scanning full arch models on single unit crowns is very depressing. btw. I have a new computer bought 3 months ago with Windows 8 that's very fast and no lacking in hardware.
MEDIT doesn't appear to want to fix this problem or even acknowledge there is a problem !!!!!!! If Medit doesn't fix this soon this will be my last Medit scanner ever..
I have a very loud voice on the internet and I'm ready to shout it out to the world about how sorry it is for Medit to ignore this major problem for months. ! BangheadBangheadBangheadBangheadBanghead

Last edited:
BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
Its always a big plus when we get new updates. What I'm waiting for is improved proposals and adapting to cut down designing time.
Are we going to see any improvements in this update where it really counts, better proposals/adapting to antagonist ? this is where 3shape is miles ahead with their Cad program.
I am extremely excited about the new and now larger ZRS libraries, and I hope it's really improved since I just learned about the library.

Jean-Michel, any word on your side of the world with Medit's Driver problem that creates slower scanning with Medit SE scanner ? Taking 10 minutes scanning full arch models on single unit crowns is very depressing. btw. I have a new computer bought 3 months ago with Windows 8 that's very fast and no lacking in hardware.
MEDIT doesn't appear to want to fix this problem or even acknowledge there is a problem !!!!!!! If Medit doesn't fix this soon this will be my last Medit scanner ever..
I have a very loud voice on the internet and I'm ready to shout it out to the world about how sorry it is for Medit to ignore this major problem for months. ! BangheadBangheadBangheadBangheadBanghead
I'm going to ask about this now ... I've been emailing back and forth with them today. I have been selling the Medit Blues, however never was involved in the SE systems. Let's see what we can find out?

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
Tooth Library ZRS
  • Change
    Improved and extended tooth library add-on "ZRS" now available
    • 61 sets of upper arch anterior teeth
    • 19 sets of lower jaw anterior teeth
    • 19 sets of upper arch posteriors
    • 19 sets of lower jaw posteriors

I purchased this library, but library do not have 19 upper/ lower posterior sets .
My reseller said he contacted exocad office and it do not exist , just mistake on the exocad website .

Is anybody has more info

adam_medit

adam_medit

Reaction score

Hi Charles, this is Adam from Medit. I'm sorry you are having problems. Would you mind emailing me offline at [email protected]. If you can send me your serial numbers we can try and narrow down the issue. We definitely want to take care of it for you.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Thanks Adam, sending email to you shortly...
fyi Medit from Korea is set up to get on my computer/scanner sometime tonight...
btw. Chris just installed the newest Exocad update minutes ago...

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Jean-Michel BERTIN

Reaction score
Hi
sorry I ve not seen your post.
If you want tomorrow we can do a teamviewer session to check what s going on.

Last edited:
DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Remember that you can get an individual quote for an update contract by entering the serial number of the dongle in exoportal; the system will calculate the price considering the modules activated and the time since the last update period. We still have a cap for the surcharge for a gap in update contracts - so even for dongles purchased four years ago and never got an update contract so far, you can get an update to the latest version at a very reasonable price!

Is this only for open exocad versions?

I have version 4736... i don't see exoportal anywhere?

I looked online and it requires a name and login... I don't have a name or login?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Is this only for open exocad versions?

I have version 4736... i don't see exoportal anywhere?

I looked online and it requires a name and login... I don't have a name or login?
If you have branded exocad, you will have to wait for their update.

Top Bottom