Super slow computer

user name

user name

Reaction score
CAD is on one computer, CAM is on another. It didn't used to be so slow, but since the latest Windows update, when Ive selected the disc and click 'load part', it takes over a minute to get the 'select part' window to pop up.

Any help, please!

Polarmolar

Polarmolar

Reaction score
Unplug your pic and us compressed air to clean it out. That will help with it if it's covered in dust. I would take it to a computer store and ask what upgrades can be done also to speed it up. Perhaps a new video card or memory will help also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Are you grabbing files over the network or are they on the cam pc? What software? Also what's the specs on the pc? Could be ram is during out or hard drive is near full capacity. I have 3shaoe export stl files to the main cam pc them i have a syn software sync that main stl folder to all other cam pc's. So that each cam pc grabs the stl files off of its own local hard drive. When I delete any stl file from the main cam of the sync software deletes them from all the other pc's as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

user name

user name

Reaction score
Are you grabbing files over the network or are they on the cam pc? What software? Also what's the specs on the pc? Could be ram is during out or hard drive is near full capacity. I have 3shaoe export stl files to the main cam pc them i have a syn software sync that main stl folder to all other cam pc's. So that each cam pc grabs the stl files off of its own local hard drive. When I delete any stl file from the main cam of the sync software deletes them from all the other pc's as well.

CAD is on a different PC. CAM is Jensens Hyperdent. Im not a computer guy...How would you check to see if RAM or hard drive are getting full, and how would you get rid of sstuff to free up space? Ive also never deleted anything from the CAM PC. I suppose I should...? How?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Ram spent fill up, only the hard drive. If you go to my computer windows 7 or windows 8/10 open the explorer folder or any folder and click this pc. Then you should see all the drives c: is the main drive. There should be a bar that is green or red. Red means 90% plus full green means you still got room.

Stl files over time will add up to gigabytes in size. I delete everything past 2 weeks old. If needed I simple export the stl from 3shape again.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ram spent fill up, only the hard drive. If you go to my computer windows 7 or windows 8/10 open the explorer folder or any folder and click this pc. Then you should see all the drives c: is the main drive. There should be a bar that is green or red. Red means 90% plus full green means you still got room.

Stl files over time will add up to gigabytes in size. I delete everything past 2 weeks old. If needed I simple export the stl from 3shape again.

I am using windows 7. That's as far as I understand what youre saying.

I clicked start, computer, and I see hard disk drives: OS (C) and HP Recovery.

I right clicked on the OS (C) and got a window opened up. Went to the bottom and clicked 'properties'. I clicked 'disk clean up'. I think that just got rid of temp files (?).

Am I on the right track or could you tell a dope what to do properly?

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
While you load a file, open the task manager and check which process hogs down the system. It might be some bloatware you got with the win update.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
still on 7? be real careful then, windows will force you to get windows 10 unexpectedly, it could happen in the middle of calculating or milling. i suspect in fact that may be happening right now.

you can stop this update by using a program called never10, which you can find here: https://www.grc.com/never10.htm its safe to download and run, contains nothing but a set of commands that block the windows 10 forced update.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Pretty sure I have 10 blocked from messing with me, but there used to be a shortcut on my screen from whatever the block thing was...I don't remember, but I don't see it now.

still on 7? be real careful then, windows will force you to get windows 10 unexpectedly, it could happen in the middle of calculating or milling. i suspect in fact that may be happening right now.

you can stop this update by using a program called never10, which you can find here: https://www.grc.com/never10.htm its safe to download and run, contains nothing but a set of commands that block the windows 10 forced update.

On that disable, just click download, then is it run or save? Then just exit the window and its good to go?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
click download, but you can just run it instead. only a few Kb not even a huge program. once inside its easy to navigate because theres like two buttons.

user name

user name

Reaction score
CHL...did that on both computers. Still super slow.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I opened task manager on both computers, but I don't understand what Im seeing.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Task manager...

tabs :

Applications, Processes, Services, performance, Networking and Users.

Zero_Zero said to look for whats bogging it down. How do you tell?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
I don't know anything about computers either, but mine has been very slow too since the latest windows update on Wednesday. I have windows 10.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im getting a bit worried. I thought, all else fails, restart. it restarted and said Configuring updates. Now its been saying 'Cleaning up. Do not turn off your computer' for the last half hour.:eek:

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Computer issues can be solved using google and youtube. Try watching a few videos on subject, and not only will it probably solve your problem, you will learn a lot for future issues. I am self taught using this method and it seams to be an awesome vault of information.

The computer can get bloated, so make sure you have deleted all old files using system clean.
Make sure it has regular defrags, but they are sometimes set to auto already.
If its a an old computer then it may well need an upgrade. If you do not have a SSD, solid state drive, this will make a massive difference, but you will have to reinstall all software.
The list goes on......

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Ok, that's funny, but seriously...I need some guidance.
you make teeth. call your local computer guys.
i would expect them to see the dr before trying to pull their own tooth.
just saying.

Top Bottom