Angulated Screw Channels

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Hello all, I am having issues with the CAM (Preciso/rebranded Hyperdent),is not identifying the screw channel geometries. In the CAD design all looks well, but when I import into CAM I get a very small screw channel that I have to delete and then try to mark and merge the real ones. I only started to encounter this when I upgraded to Plovdiv from Matera in EXOCAD? I was hoping an expert on here could help as I have yet to get an answer elsewhere. I was told to change some settings,(special settings and change the yes to no or vice versa for geametries?or something like that) in the CAM, but that didn't work. I try to use identify, but it has a hard time finding the geometry? One thing to consider is that the CAM Computer is a windows 7 and cannot be upgraded as it runs my Steinbiechler scanner and I can't replace as the scanner won't work with the newer computers( at least I don't know how to make it work). Any insight would be great! thanks in advance to all u Digital geniuses!

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
I had the same problem a while ago. I always check the milling strategies for asc before I mill to make sure its calculated right in hyperview. There were three things I had to do to get it to work with my machine. Change the hole to an implant interface (if its not). Check the "angulated screw channel" if avaliable in the options for that implants interface. And MOST IMPORTANT...make sure the Nominal max diameter is equal or greater then the diameter of the bur the strategy is using to make the whole. For example, my machine uses a 2.8 mm strategy to mill the hole so I would change the nominal max diameter of the implant interface to 2.8 or greater.

Attachments

• 1602097848149703904202428965235.jpg
    1602097848149703904202428965235.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 36
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
sometimes Hyperdent has a mind of its own, re-identifying geometries is a way of life. at least its a simple process.

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
Hello Mike!

I've never used Hyperdent before, but most CAM software that is compatible with Exocad can use its .constructioninfo to import all feature locations of the implant. Do you import the design.stl into Hyperdent while the .constructioninfo is in the same folder? Some CAM software will even allow you to import the .cnfinfo and then draw in all necessary design.stl files from that.

* I did find a manual online for hyperdent 7.0 (not sure which version you're running) and that one at least CAN import the case construction info.

- Josh

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
The part comes in with the screw channel very small and the ti base screw channel not included. I am not sure why it worked when I designed them with EXO Matera, but with Plovdiv it does not. I have to manually define them which takes a lot of tries most of the time? Nobody else has this issue?

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
The only reason I think there would be a difference is either in the CADApp settings, or because with Plovdiv they started to enforce more parameters from implant companies. If it's manually positioned though, those settings should remain the same once the construction has been finished.

Check your Matera CADApp folder and look for either settings.xml or if there is not one, they must have changed the original defaultsettings.xml. Could be a setting in there, but since there are so many I cant think off the top of my head if one would prevent the changes.

Maybe pull in the default material file form Matera as well, could potentially have different material configurations with higher set initial values, or higher possible values. This should be the WorkParamsDB.xml.

- Josh