AG Ceramill users unite!

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Hmmmm2 so either AG isnt letting their biggest US distributor know anything or maybe youre not allowed to say? Strange either way.

Really would love lucky to post some pics if this is true....Questionmark
OK, here is the deal. First, I have no idea how many Ceramill (original mill, not Motion 2) are in the market. I think it's not too many. Honestly, we did discuss the 98mm fixture in depth but the topic of the older ceramill never came up. Let me check to see if it's reasonable to make the change to the original mill.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
im just curious if they are releasing it in europe and not here.. if so I will just call and order it there! It seems they would take care of the people who have been buying their D pucks for years.. but of course theres no $$$ in that...

I also think its odd that they sold a lot of these motion 1 mills, yet they dont know what happened to them? did they end up in the trash or what?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
There is a plan to release the 98 internationally. It is released here in the US first and is now available.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
ok, I thought you had the motion 1 lucky.. Wieviel kostet?

S

SSDS

Reaction score
I really hope thats true! Are you in the US ssds?
No I'm down under in Australia, we are a much smaller market but I know there are a few new developments in the pipeline including the new puk holder to combat the issue people have when deciding which machine to buy. I almost didn't buy the AG machine on that fact but when I was at IDS in 2012 and saw there were other manufacturers producing puks for AG, it swayed me. Can I just say, fantastic system

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
SSDS, so who told you about a 98mm holder for the motion 1? Youre the only one in the world that knows about it apparently..?

L

lucky54

Reaction score
ok, I thought you had the motion 1 lucky.. Wieviel kostet?

No i have the motion 2 the holder kostet 3000,00 euro
i am pissed off
the sale was launched first in Germany and Europe.
The price is outrageous but there are other blank providers
as you can save the money back.
What makes me Girrbach not really care

S

SSDS

Reaction score
18381-66a41dd56037812e3ec3312916bd548b.jpg
Sorry about the quality of the pic, the only thing I have not heard yet is price on blank holder, sorry Affinity but this round puk holder is only for motion 2 as I understand it

Attachments

• IMG_2666.jpg
    IMG_2666.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
No i have the motion 2 the holder kostet 3000,00 euro
i am pissed off
the sale was launched first in Germany and Europe.
The price is outrageous but there are other blank providers
as you can save the money back.
What makes me Girrbach not really care

3k euro ?...what a ripoff :rolleyes:... I bet it could be copied for a few hundred bucks... Does it come with a firmware or postprocessor update Lucky ?

L

lucky54

Reaction score
3k euro ?...what a ripoff :rolleyes:... I bet it could be copied for a few hundred bucks... Does it come with a firmware or postprocessor update Lucky ?

Yes it comes with firmware.
the holder does not cost anything but
you have to buy material for Euro 3000

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
18381-66a41dd56037812e3ec3312916bd548b.jpg
Sorry about the quality of the pic, the only thing I have not heard yet is price on blank holder, sorry Affinity but this round puk holder is only for motion 2 as I understand it
The 98 holder is also for the Mikro. The Mikro mill currently has an amazing promo on it. $25-26K including CAM with $200 a month in free zirconia for two years. Normally a $25K lease would run $500 a month (5 years). The zirconia credit, if applied to the mill brings the cost of the mill down to just $300 a month for the first two years. Plus the Mikro is a little robust workhorse.
Yes, in the US the 98 holder is now free with the order of 30 zolid or Zolid FX discs.

C

chr1978

Reaction score
Most people want the new 98 mm blank holder so they are able to buy non armann girrbach zirconia blanks and save 50%.
Will the new blank holder include a new milling strategy?. The original armann girrbach blanks are very soft and easy to mill. We have been told by AG that most zirconia blanks from other compagnies are to hard and will destroy the spindle. Some labs have destroyed their spindle in less then 6 month using other blanks.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Most people want the new 98 mm blank holder so they are able to buy non armann girrbach zirconia blanks and save 50%.
Will the new blank holder include a new milling strategy?. The original armann girrbach blanks are very soft and easy to mill. We have been told by AG that most zirconia blanks from other compagnies are to hard and will destroy the spindle. Some labs have destroyed their spindle in less then 6 month using other blanks.

From what I know there have been very few spindle replacements made in AG mills. The Ceramill is built to mill titanium so I don't think there should be a problem milling zirconia. Even without the 98 MM arm there are about 15 other "D" shaped zirconia manufacturers making discs specifically for the ceramill. In conclusion, I don't think milling most other Zi in the AG mill will cause premature end of life of a spindle.
On another note, there are three different manufacturing processes for zirconia discs. Isostatic press and Uniaxial press are the primary two. Uniaxial pressed zirconia does have different vickers hardness in different areas of the disc. Isostatically pressed discs have a vickers hardness of 60-65 MPa throughout. Uniaxial press will result in discs with areas that are double or 110-130 MPa. That said, milling uniaxially pressed discs can cause premature tool wear and other problems but there must be many labs milling uniaxially pressed discs in the Ceramill.

C

chr1978

Reaction score
it did sound a bit strange. The guys at whitepeaks had never heard of this problem but now we are using original blanks.
Our machine did not work properly for the first 2 years we had it and it was shipped to the factory 2 or 3 times. With all the broken burrs, grinders, emax blocks, zirconia blanks, chipping and temp bridges, that never fit, we were forced to buy cheaper materials. It has probably cost us 5000-8000 dollars in wasted materials alone and some lost customers.
We now have a used replacement motion 2 machine and it works better, but still no working temp crowns and bridges and we do not dare to mill emax because of all the broken grinders and blocks we had in the past.
I really envy another lab in our town that bought a vhf machine and were up an running in a few weeks with amazing resualts.
Our original machine did come back from the factory with all the parts changed but we choose to keep the replacement machine. That was a bit strange as we were told, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the machine.

Most people a very happy with the motion 2 and I am sure we just got the one machine that slipped through quality control.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everyone , a friend of mine is selling his Ceramill Motion 1 and Ceramill Motion 2 milling machines . Offer includes two scanners , Map 400 and Map 300 , two suction units , the CAD and the CAM software , and the wet option for Ceramill 2 . BARGAIN price !! Pm me for more info !

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Hey everyone , a friend of mine is selling his Ceramill Motion 1 and Ceramill Motion 2 milling machines . Offer includes two scanners , Map 400 and Map 300 , two suction units , the CAD and the CAM software , and the wet option for Ceramill 2 . BARGAIN price !! Pm me for more info !
Just out of curiosity, what is he switching to? Going back to analog?:)

Top Bottom