Yenadent / Origin milling machines

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I thought I would start a place to discuss the Yenadent and Origin machines. I will be getting a D30/ origin pro 4000 in a week or two. I will be utilizing Picasoft with the machine. I would love to hear others experiences with their machines!

Dmitri, I'm ready to hear all about it!

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I am particularly interested in people's experiences milling Ti and Np in their D30? Or any other yenadent/ Origin mill;)

E

edwarddental

Reaction score
Just wondering , is Origin the only one dialer for Yenadent in US? Concern about they level of support

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
As far as I know they are. I think the support is pretty good ?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
As most of the old members here know , I have a custom made Yenadent D40 . I mill almost all of my CoCr for PFM , Titanium for abutments or for long term provisionals , PMMA for provisionals , wax for casting , zirconia , and 2 times e.max . I have milled lots of full arches on natural dentition , all on 4 , all on 6 or more , some bars , and generally , my rule when I decided to buy a milling machine , was that I want to use it to its full . And I have been doing that for the last two years . I am extremely happy with it , and I don't think I could have bought something at this region of money , that would do the things I do with it . Overall , if I had to buy another milling machine , it would be a Yenadent for sure. And I will do that . I am buying their newest model D15 by the end of this year hopefully .

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
What do you think about the metal milling capabilities of the D30? I know you do not own one, but wondering if you have any knowledge of it? The one I am purchasing has a 2kw spindle.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
All on 5

Peek frame

CoCr frame for full arch on natural dentition

CoCr full arch on 5 custom abutments , abutments also milled with the machine

All on 6 , CoCr , Shefield test

Densply Xive 4.5 compatible custom abutment

Screw retained CoCr bridge on Biomet 3i external hex implants

Straumann Bone Level RC compatible custom abutment

5 unit CoCr bridge

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
D30 is fine for metal milling . Especially if you're not milling metal all day long . It can mill metal all day long , but as you can understand , it will not be the same as a Haas or as a DMG . I am milling metal in really decent times , 20-25 minutes per crown , depending on the thickness of the disc and of the size of the tooth , if it is a bridge , how many attachments etc . As I said before , these machines are workhorses .

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Nice work, Exocad design??

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Nice work, Exocad design??

Thanks ts4341 !

The all on 5 and the cement retained on the 5 custom abutments are Exocad designs , the rest is made with Dental Wings .

anil patel

anil patel

Reaction score
I am particularly interested in people's experiences milling Ti and Np in their D30? Or any other yenadent/ Origin mill;)

my friend i am using d30 five axis machine ,

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
From my point of view they have the best machines I have used to date. I love their machines and what they can produce. They are built to last.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
What software did you use to create this?

Cad software or Cam software ?? For Cad , as I explained above , the all on 5 and the full arch on 5 custom abutments are designed with Exocad , the rest are designed with Dental Wings . For all of them I used Yenacam 4.0 aka Picasoft Dental Cam

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Ah I gotcha. I've been looking into ways to do this, but we are using 3shape. Thanks

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Ah I gotcha. I've been looking into ways to do this, but we are using 3shape. Thanks

If you have the abutment designer , I am sure you can do this . You have to have the right library for that . DDG and gt-medical were used for mine .

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
I've got the right module. I'm not familiar with how to design with preps like the picture you uploaded.

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
All on 5

Peek frame

CoCr frame for full arch on natural dentition

CoCr full arch on 5 custom abutments , abutments also milled with the machine

All on 6 , CoCr , Shefield test

Densply Xive 4.5 compatible custom abutment

Screw retained CoCr bridge on Biomet 3i external hex implants

Straumann Bone Level RC compatible custom abutment

5 unit CoCr bridge

Strange Straumann RC geometry. Do you guys designed it by your self? Maybe you have done it "slightly better" by making changes to it?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Strange Straumann RC geometry. Do you guys designed it by your self? Maybe you have done it "slightly better" by making changes to it?

This is a file that I didn't design . It is an old design . It was milled to see if we can actually mill it ! Now I am having an exact replica of the RC . Nowdays I am milling pre-formed abutments . The engaging interface and the screw channel is already milled by an industrial machine , and I am milling the subgingival part and the abutment . It is faster , easier and better than milling from a disk .

Straumann Bone Level Compatible

Screw-cement retained combo case . Custom abutment and bridge designed and milled at the same time . This is directly after it was removed form the disc .

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Wow! The milling quality is phenomenal! That split file is dead on.

Not that you would really want to, but have ever milled Emax blue block on it? Just curious how it compares in general to other machines? Thank you for all this info so far!