What to do with this?

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Picture 004.jpg
I have to do Emax on this. Does someone got experience with using different ingots for the same restoration? Meaning HO on # 8 and LT on # 9??
9 is prepped like a veneer ( no prep on the lingual). I don't think I have enough room to do this in HO also and be able to build up enough porcelain for translucency. To make things worse, there is a huge space difference. Space for #8 is almost 1.5 times as wide as space for # 9. This case is giving me grey hair and I didn't even do the modelwork yet.
Picture 004.jpg

corona

corona

Reaction score
dont panic just yet . more info needed thou .... whats the final shade desired ? how much facial room do you have ?

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
I would try to stick with all MO O and shade the cores all to the desired base shade. You can block out that implant with a MO O at .7 I think? But if you have to go to HO to get the core thin I think that would work too. Just from the prep discoloration I would go with MO O, but you could most likely get by with a LT on the #11.

That a side...I would do a full contour wax up once you get the model work done, so you can see what your final thickness of the restorations will be. From there you can deduce what your ingot options are.

I

Ivan

Reaction score
Alistar is correct. Wax-up first. I know the Dr. wants E.max but I've had good success Using Zirpress over zirconia on the Implant and full crowns and zirpress for the veneer. That way you are using the same porcelain for everything.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Talk to the Doctor. Understand why he says e.max, and what his understanding of 'e.max' is. I have a drawer full of e.max powders that look beautiful over strong, slightly opaque uniform color copings. THAT is a correct usage of Zir! (I diss'd FCZ on another thread).

I take some of that back...No lingual prep on #9. THIN HO coping on #8, then complete entire case with LT, bondLT crown over HO coping before it delivered.

Last edited:
P

paulg100

Reaction score
personally id do this in ZR

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
"9 is prepped like a veneer (no prep on the lingual)"

How are you going to do that in ZR?

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Great tip Donator. Hopefully I have enough space to do a HO coping and a LT crown over that.
Just saw the model. To make things worse, the abutment on 8 is rotated. The previous doc. inserted it with one click off and the distal corner sticks out. There was a PFM on 8 and you can see the little room the previous tech dealt with. My doc wanted to remove the implant and replace it with a ZI abutment, but the patient refused. He is spending soo muck money on a full mouth restoration and then he cuts corners on that one abutment. Oh well I will make a reduction coping and do the double crown thing. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
Would have been so much easier with a zirconia or hybrid abutment.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
"9 is prepped like a veneer (no prep on the lingual)"

How are you going to do that in ZR?

if i had to take a stab in the dark, i'd put substrate over the copings in a uniform zirconia shade matching the veneer prep. then using zirpress over the substrate and HT for the veneer, go to work.

keep in mind i've never actually done any of this, just thinking out loud.

Top Bottom