Solution to this problem wanted!

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
One of my doctors sent me these pictures today. They just made this partial and the patient has already broken off 8 and 9. This has happened multiple times. Patient has a deep, strong bite. They have broken multiple crowns, had teeth extracted, and broke the acrylic on other partials multiple times. They were asking if attaching pfm crowns to the partial replacing 8 and 9 would be an option. The excusive movements is what's busting the teeth off. Any suggestions would I will pass along to the doctor. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG-1954.jpg
    IMG-1954.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG-1953.jpg
    IMG-1953.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG-1952.jpg
    IMG-1952.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG-1951.jpg
    IMG-1951.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 69
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
One of my doctors sent me these pictures today. They just made this partial and the patient has already broken off 8 and 9. This has happened multiple times. Patient has a deep, strong bite. They have broken multiple crowns, had teeth extracted, and broke the acrylic on other partials multiple times. They were asking if attaching pfm crowns to the partial replacing 8 and 9 would be an option. The excusive movements is what's busting the teeth off. Any suggestions would I will pass along to the doctor. Thanks in advance!
i am guessing the metal isnt high enough up the lingual surface to capture protrusive excursions. even if it needs to be hooded just slightly

victormasi

victormasi

Reaction score
Try this... sand blast the surface of the steele's facing, seam clean the surface and etch with metal etch 15 mins.
I use Tokuyama bonding agent (part A&B) and then add either an acrylic facing or composite opaque and then add the veneers.\
I think the etching and bonding agent are crytical.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Try this... sand blast the surface of the steele's facing, seam clean the surface and etch with metal etch 15 mins.
I use Tokuyama bonding agent (part A&B) and then add either an acrylic facing or composite opaque and then add the veneers.\
I think the etching and bonding agent are crytical.
that only helps if excursions are covered with metal. if theres a junction between the frame and teeth, thats the weak point no matter how well you treat it.
(though i agree with treating the metal prior to attaching new teeth regardless!)

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses. I passed them along to the doctor. They are going to redo the partial with a full metal lingual as some of you suggested.

Top Bottom