Problems with zenotec disc holder

B

beas77

Reaction score
Hi there, I´m working in a dental lab and we used mostly a zenotec (8 disc changer) for its faster milling speed compared with a MC X5 that we also have in the lab. The problem is that we are from Argentina and getting spare parts is a problem here.
Only there are a Sirona suplier but nothing about VHF.

The Zenotec machine has been in operation for 8 years and has not presented any inconvenience; the problem is the disc holder have failed and of the 8 we only have one operating. So We are thinking of sending the piece that failed in some metallurgy here to be milled; it´s cheaper than importing the spare part.

We are thinking of making them in some stainless steel that will present more resistance than the aluminum with which them are made.

The question is if to those who have this machine, had this same inconvenience or has it been a problem of misuse?
Do the most recent VHF models have any reforms in the disc holders?
thanks!!

B

beas77

Reaction score
Lv1Qhjy.jpg
r1MZEA5.jpg

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Hi there, I´m working in a dental lab and we used mostly a zenotec (8 disc changer) for its faster milling speed compared with a MC X5 that we also have in the lab. The problem is that we are from Argentina and getting spare parts is a problem here.
Only there are a Sirona suplier but nothing about VHF.

The Zenotec machine has been in operation for 8 years and has not presented any inconvenience; the problem is the disc holder have failed and of the 8 we only have one operating. So We are thinking of sending the piece that failed in some metallurgy here to be milled; it´s cheaper than importing the spare part.

We are thinking of making them in some stainless steel that will present more resistance than the aluminum with which them are made.

The question is if to those who have this machine, had this same inconvenience or has it been a problem of misuse?
Do the most recent VHF models have any reforms in the disc holders?
thanks!!
VHF does have a "C" type clamp available now which you can retro fit. Also, sounds like a great idea to have someone CNC a part for you but not sure if any liabilities may be taken on by you doing so w vhf. You're probably safe, not like you're competing with them. It's just that it's their IP so just keep that in mind. Hope it works out well for you whichever route you take.

Contraluz

Contraluz

Donator
Reaction score
Hola!

I guess you checked with Ivoclar/Wieland already? Or some one visiting from abroad, that can bring in a couple of the holders? But if you have the means to get them fabricated in Argentina, that may solve your actual and future issues you may have with the holders!

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
What are you tightening those clamps down with?

B

beas77

Reaction score
VHF does have a "C" type clamp available now which you can retro fit. Also, sounds like a great idea to have someone CNC a part for you but not sure if any liabilities may be taken on by you doing so w vhf. You're probably safe, not like you're competing with them. It's just that it's their IP so just keep that in mind. Hope it works out well for you whichever route you take.
Thanks!, I`m thinking about sending the clamps to be milled just like the model we have, without "copying" any other model. The question was to know about if VHF made a recall on these disc holder.

B

beas77

Reaction score
Hola!

I guess you checked with Ivoclar/Wieland already? Or some one visiting from abroad, that can bring in a couple of the holders? But if you have the means to get them fabricated in Argentina, that may solve your actual and future issues you may have with the holders!
Yes, check with a VHF supplier, although i doubt they are a certified supplier and the price of these record holders was much higher than the cost of making them here. In addition to the fact that we would only need to manufacture the clamps and change screws.

B

beas77

Reaction score
With a screwdriver at firts, after a bit of use, the screws got stripped and we started to tighten them with a plier. Although the clamps already presented problems from the beginning.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
With a screwdriver at firts, after a bit of use, the screws got stripped and we started to tighten them with a plier. Although the clamps already presented problems from the beginning.
Aren't all disc holders made for allen wrenches?

You could also print the holder arms

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Don't ever forget what is getting into those threads. Use oversized pipe cleaners and twist. Just got a new mill and Wow, threads so easily, reason being no Zr dust in threads yet.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Can you give me a link? It would be very useful, thanks.
Give them a call, in the US# 800-533-6825 Prompt 1 then 2 and ask for equipment service, for parts. If you get ahold of Paul, you're golden :)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Those look exactly like mine for the s2. VHF sells them on the website.

D

DIMADEL

Reaction score
I do recommend you to get the original part, it is cheap!

Attachments

• 600D2ECA-8D76-42EA-90DF-BADF2325FDA9.png
    600D2ECA-8D76-42EA-90DF-BADF2325FDA9.png
    324.2 KB · Views: 7
  • BD5B3DC0-8A29-4388-9351-80F68DBD44B7.png
    BD5B3DC0-8A29-4388-9351-80F68DBD44B7.png
    351.2 KB · Views: 7