To temporary or not to temporary... That is my question.

• Thread starter JandBDentalStudio
  • Start date
JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
So I am using Exocad and we are at about max capacity for scanning and milling zirconia and wax. Is it worth my time and the $950.00 for the module, to start doing temps. I realize the going rate is somewhere around $40 a unit, which is pretty good money and from what Ive seen, its pretty quick and easy to design on Exocad. Anyone with experience in this, I'd much appreciate any advice! Decisions, Decisions.....

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We do temps on our 3shape and mill them out in PMMA and we push them out for around $50-$60 per unit. The PMMA disk cost $20.00 do the math $20.00 a disk and you can put out up to 32 units a disk. So 32x40=$1280.00 GOD DAMN! So if you can add it into your workflow I would say yes it would be worth the extra $$$ to be able to due them.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You have to pay an extra $950 to do temps?

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Lol not 3shape.

Posted from a Galaxy S4.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Doesn't 3shape have three different levels? Full contour,standard and premium? Don't they have add ons like model builder,abutment designer and denture designer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I have Premium . They just included splint designer in 2014.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
they are all temps. it's just a matter of time. go for it.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Doesn't 3shape have three different levels? Full contour,standard and premium? Don't they have add ons like model builder,abutment designer and denture designer?

Yes but to do temps you dont need to get a special module. There are easy work arounds.

Posted from a Galaxy S4.

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Yes Exocad has "work arounds to"

Pete

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I got setup for only one material and a couple of preset cement spaces...;)...got the picture ? So everything we do is called zirconia...but is cut from different materials...Software is super easy to fool...:D:D:D

JandBDentalStudio

JandBDentalStudio

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I definitely think it would be highly profitable and easy to sell to the doctors, The thing I like about the module is that, it virtually preps the model for you. I don't want to waste time prepping a pre-op model.

Top Bottom