This may be my last thread.

L

LarryRDC

<<Im sorry for missing something if youve already elaborated, but what printer did you get? Learning curve?>>

One other thing with the "learning curve" is post processing parts. It can be a PITA and messy, no matter what printer have.....

G

GarryB

Im embarrassed to not know some things, but Ive got the balls to ask.
Printed models. You need model builder software, a printer, cure unit, and Im sure some other things Im not up to speed on, and they all cost money. In the end, no matter if you use stone or technology, you still have a model.

Here we go. Why not pour an impression with model resin?
Not sure if Im way off track here...there are 4 pages of replies to this and to be honest I quickly skimmed through them.

You can get a pourable resin to pour directly into your impression (self curing, no light needed). We use this when we have hard bite splints to make to avoid breaking teeth when we remove them from the model (often happens on stone models).

Again, apologies if I have misunderstood the OP's question.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Not sure if Im way off track here...there are 4 pages of replies to this and to be honest I quickly skimmed through them.

You can get a pourable resin to pour directly into your impression (self curing, no light needed). We use this when we have hard bite splints to make to avoid breaking teeth when we remove them from the model (often happens on stone models).

Again, apologies if I have misunderstood the OP's question.
which pourable resin do you use?

F

FASTFNGR

Im embarrassed to not know some things, but Ive got the balls to ask.
Printed models. You need model builder software, a printer, cure unit, and Im sure some other things Im not up to speed on, and they all cost money. In the end, no matter if you use stone or technology, you still have a model.

Here we go. Why not pour an impression with model resin?
Leave all aside, if you get a digital file, how do you even get a model? In order for Drs to give a good impression, they went digital, which means unless you have a 3D printer you can not even have a model.

Affinity

Affinity

Not everyone is getting IOS scans, my docs that have a cerec make their own crowns and send me impressions for cosmetic work and bridges. Ive told them they can send digital impressions, for years, but they dont. I would like to see a legit stat that says how many offices take digital impressions, Im willing to bet its the minority at the moment, but of course that can change in a years time..

user name

user name

Donator
Leave all aside, if you get a digital file, how do you even get a model? In order for Drs to give a good impression, they went digital, which means unless you have a 3D printer you can not even have a model.
I get a lot of digital work. I order models from iTero for anteriors, model free for posteriors. The Drs I work with realize its not getting better results...they still take a PVS when they deem the case 'important'.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom