SOLUTIONIX scanner, even faster !!!

C

charles007

Reaction score
Hi Charles, the N° of the update is 7.2.8.20506 , I don't know if it's the same in USA (???)
On the 2011 scanner nothing change it's not faster with this update, you can really enjoy the progress only whith the 2012 scanner ( since March, I think...) because Solutionix change processors , projector and cameras ...

To find your version , clic on Identica (or Solutionix) icon (not on exocad icon) and clic "help" in the toolbar and "about" , you'll find it !

Thanks Cadman... I do have the newer model scanner, but not the new update like yours:(... I have 7.1.12.20701 Is this the version you had before your newest update ?
On the back of my scanner, I only have one USB and the power plug and the model starts with SE XXXXXXXX ..So its the newest model for sure..

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Medit White light at just 1/3rd the cost of 3Shape with a software choice. Accuracy better than or equal to the most expensive 3Shape.

For Once, I agree with you! LOL

No reason to buy a $30k scanner, when a scanner 1/3 the cost is better and I like ExoCAD much better as well.
Together they are about 1/2 of a 3shape John. I know you don't like to listen to me One bit, but you really should
reconsider. Bar and Abutments are easy to do, and more functions and packages are headed our way.

The Trulife rendering module is pretty sweet, you gotta admit. Speed and accuracy is there.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Oh I love exo don't get me wrong, I am testing my 810 with my elos scan bodies and 3shape bar software making some designs for fun. I have yet to send one to a mill yet to know if they fit like my Nobel bars.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
They won't. You have already been told the 3shape Laser-scanner is not good choice for bars and for scanning multiple scan bodys that are very far apart....
(Long Implant bridges and bar cases)

Does not matter if you like the software or not. The scan data is not accurate enough. I knew this years ago, nobody listened to me, now you have been told again by Panthera dude. You still don't get it huh?

I'll mill ya a bar for free anytime! Only takes 1 1/2 hr and a few bucks of Titanium.

Seriously. It would be my honor.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I was told last week the exocad now scans as fast as a 3shape..

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
It will soon control an actual 3shape scanner. LOL

Without yearly fees! :cool: But you'll still have poor data for scan-bodys when they are far apart.

Doh!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
So is it going to be released a new scanner in 2013 ?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Oh Cadman, where are u .......sleeping now doubt :)

Have you ever tried changing the coloring in exocad cad ? Months ago I saw the neatest screen on Exocad.. The background color was changed to black, the antagonist was changed to a dark sea blue color, and their own logo at the bottom of the screen... very cool, and extremely easier when designing. The other change I would like to see is the shinny glossy yellow colored crown changed to a flat color. The sheen detracts very much while designing and very misleading when looking at the height of marginal ridges.. In my opinion, the yellow shiny crown in the software was a big mistake when developing the software, its so misleading in shapes when designing ..Seems this would be a very simple problem to correct, and I can't be the only tech noticing this problem since I'm just a beginner at using scanners.
Anyone else see this as a great idea ?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
You can change all the colors.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
They won't. You have already been told the 3shape Laser-scanner is not good choice for bars and for scanning multiple scan bodys that are very far apart....

Does not matter if you like the software or not. The scan data is not accurate enough. I knew this years ago, nobody listened to me, now you have been told again by Panthera dude. You still don't get it huh?

I'll mill ya a bar for free anytime! Only takes 1 1/2 hr and a few bucks of Titanium.

When you mill get your mill dialed in we will talk. Do you have anything the fits yet?

Obviously if the Bar software is not viable with this existing scanner the license is a waste of cash and I feel I have been lied to. I would love some one from 3shape to respond.

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
3Shape 810 shall be good for implants if they are sent to the right milling center and also if you buy the library and the scan locators from the same milling center. But may not be comparable to Noble. Noble is one complete system with years of milling experience and have good process flow. For an individual lab a complete implantology CAD CAM system would work great.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
When you mill get your mill dialed in we will talk. Do you have anything the fits yet?

Obviously if the Bar software is not viable with this existing scanner the license is a waste of cash and I feel I have been lied to. I would love some one from 3shape to respond.

The software may be fine John, you just need to import a good scan from another scanner. You don't have to buy the software again.

3Shape allows importing of stl scan data, right? You could use an old 3M scanner for example. Or your Nobel scanner. I'll flip the data into stl....then into your 3shape CAD...then??

Yes, The first One fit like a glove! The model is not in my lab, but I have been emailed photos and been told it was great.

I'd be glad to mill you One for free anytime.

Maybe the guy will post here? He tried to post photos, but he got message "does not have permission to post that" or something like that?

Dentaleng, many labs have already done this in the states, and in Europe. The scan data from the 3shape is not accurate enough for bars and implant bridges with big distance inbetween the abutments. Has nothing to do with the library, or ??

Last edited:
ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score

I am going to have to disagree with ya there Scott, we have done 4 bars with our 3Shape and they all have fit like a glove. We have not had any issues with lost scan data. 3Shape scans each individual scan body one at a time.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
OK Tyler. You can have your opinion on this.

I wonder what facts you have on this though?

What are you using to measure, what is the control?

Do you have any experience with Metrology?

I have a wee-bit. My Italian scanner was not accurate enough for bars, and many smart people also say the 3shape is not either.

If I had one in front of me, I could show you why. These are solid facts that can be measured and proven. And replicated over and over.

Last edited:
French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Oh Cadman, where are u .......sleeping now doubt :)

Have you ever tried changing the coloring in exocad cad ? Months ago I saw the neatest screen on Exocad.. The background color was changed to black, the antagonist was changed to a dark sea blue color, and their own logo at the bottom of the screen... very cool, and extremely easier when designing. The other change I would like to see is the shinny glossy yellow colored crown changed to a flat color. The sheen detracts very much while designing and very misleading when looking at the height of marginal ridges.. In my opinion, the yellow shiny crown in the software was a big mistake when developing the software, its so misleading in shapes when designing ..Seems this would be a very simple problem to correct, and I can't be the only tech noticing this problem since I'm just a beginner at using scanners.
Anyone else see this as a great idea ?

Send me your Email adress on PM , I have several solutions for you ..... :cool:

C

charles007

Reaction score
Just sent ! Thanks Cadman

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
Scott, what Italian scanner did you have?
Have you ever looked at the data from a ZirkonZahn scanner? If so do think its accurate enough for bars?

And on that subject, has anyone ever done a bar in zirconia?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2