SOLUTIONIX scanner, even faster !!!

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Soak Zirconia in very thin Cyano-acrylate....then mill.

The walls of the screw canals are going to be too long and thin and fragile. (French of course)

I wanted to try this soon! The Zirconia needs a different binder to mill such shapes.

I have no clue about Zirkon Zahn scanner. Looks good from the specs.?

3ShapeSupportGuy

Reaction score
Hi all,
I just read this interesting thread and would like to add a few comments regarding accuracy of scanners and 3Shape scanners in particular.

Most scanner manufacturers do not disclose how they measure their accuracy claims. Hence, claimed accuracies – typically in the area of 20 microns – cannot be compared nor even confirmed.

How do 3Shape ensure high and consistent accuracy
The science of high accuracy measurement – metrology - applies reference objects with accuracies much higher than the scanner. These objects can only be manufactured by specialized accredited companies or metrology laboratories. By defining and introducing proper mutual reference objects such as these, it becomes clear that different scanner brands perform quite differently.

3Shape performs various tests to assess scanner accuracy and ensure consistent high quality of the scanners we manufacture. Today, thousands of implant bars are successfully produced with 3Shape software - every month.

For those of you who are interested, I have uploaded a report explaining how we measure accuracy of our scanners. The report confirms 3Shape’s D800 scanner’s ability to scan highly accurate implant bar and bridge cases.

Click here to read more: View attachment 3Shape Implant Bridge Accuracy Evaluation.pdf

Scanner calibration is important
It is an undeniable law of physics that all materials – and thus also scanner hardware – will expand and contract according to changes in temperature. Scanner hardware can also be affected by rough handling such as during transportation. For demanding work, such as long span bridges and implant bars, it is especially important that a scanner is re-calibrated when moved or when the lab’s temperature changes. All 3Shape scanners come with special calibration objects with a known accuracy factor that is much higher than the scanner’s accuracy capability. Software algorithms cannot compensate for temperature effects because the scanner hardware itself contains weldings, fasteners, glued sections, varying loads, etc., and is thus prone to highly complex expansion and contraction.

I hope this clarifies any questions.

Dentaleng

Dentaleng

Reaction score
Hi 3Shape Guy. For implants, You should start promoting a process, right from scanning to milling, to eliminate people's belief. I do believe that D810 is accurate enough for implant bars.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
I use scanners that have the German VDI/VDE2634 rated accuracy.

<7um

What you got to say about that? Who tested your 3Shape for accuracy? You? LOL

The one existing standard for 3-D scanners is the German VDI/VDE 2634, published in August 2002, but it is not recognized as an international standard. There are currently two committees working on standards for scanners. ASTM International’s E57 committee is developing standards for mid-range scanners, but has abandoned their effort for short-range 3-D imagers. The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Technical Committee 213 Working Group 10 is developing international standards—currently for scanners attached to the end of Cartesian coordinate measurement machines (CMMs)—but possibly in the future on standards for other types of scanners. These standards are likely several years from publication.

The only short-range 3-D imaging standard in the world today is the VDI/VD 2634, which is a German standard first published in August 2002 and revised for multiple images in December 2008. The ASTM E57 initiative had started a subcommittee to work on short-range 3-D imaging as part of their original scope, but since then has limited the E57 to medium-range systems only.
The International Organization for Standards (ISO) has an active technical committee working on ISO/CD 10360-8—“Geometrical Product Specifications (GPS)—Acceptance and reverification tests for CMM— Part 8—CMMs with optical distance sensor.” The scope of the draft document states that it does not explicitly apply to non-Cartesian CMMs, but may be applied by mutual agreement among the parties involved.

Last edited:
DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
1000lb

5-axis scanner in cell

5,000,000 data points (8x more than a "normal" 3M scanner)

FULL VDI verified accury of less than 7um....with <5um typical.

$90,000 USD to your door! (Includes no CAD software! LOL)

It is like a CNC mill, but without a spindle.

Cast frame. No plastic BS and no Plastic gears. LOL

There are only a couple on the planet. Kinda new for 2013.

Remember, you saw it here first! Only on DLN!

Mine is on order already!

I also will have open software for sale to use the 3M scanners without the typical 3M set-up!

Oh yeah!@ Maybe you want to add ExoCAD to an existing 3M scanner? Um-K?

Scott

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_1.jpg

ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_2.jpg
ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_1.jpg ai930.photobucket.com_albums_ad145_turbo2nr_2.jpg

Last edited:
bonded

bonded

Reaction score
when you going to change ur avatar each time i look to ur eyes keep stare on it ( hypnotism) .lol

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
I was reading Dental Lab Products magazine and saw a Solutionix Rexcan CS+ scanner. Anyone know if this is replacing the Rexcan DS2? I went to the Solutionix website, but it shows only the DS2 for dental use. So I'm a little confused why DLP magazine would show the CS+ scanner. :confused:

Here's a link of what I saw if anyone is interested. http://marketplace.dentalproductsreport.com/community/DisplayAd.asp?id=8872

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I was reading Dental Lab Products magazine and saw a Solutionix Rexcan CS+ scanner. Anyone know if this is replacing the Rexcan DS2? I went to the Solutionix website, but it shows only the DS2 for dental use. So I'm a little confused why DLP magazine would show the CS+ scanner. :confused:

Here's a link of what I saw if anyone is interested. Rexcan CS+ - 3D scanner with turntable - Dental Products Report - The Leading Source of Information on Dental Products & Dental Supplies

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T

It looks like sinerga scanner from Nobil Metal , the one Scott has .

http://www.nobilmetal.it/public/pages_attach/sinergiascan_29.07.2012_eng.pdf

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Cameras are too far apart.

Many data voids!

I do not recommend this for Dental work.

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
So why would this CS+ scanner be shown in DLP magazine and not the DS2 if it's not good enough for dental use? Maybe it's just me that finds this to be a little strange.

S

Scanner Man

Reaction score
Cameras are too far apart.

Many data voids!

I do not recommend this for Dental work.

You have identified the issue with these systems.

The farther apart the camera's the more accurate they are but the more holes you get.
The closer the cameras the less accurate they are but more coverage.

It is a balancing act between accuracy and coverage.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Like a hammerhead shark I guess?:)

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You have identified the issue with these systems.

The farther apart the camera's the more accurate they are but the more holes you get.
The closer the cameras the less accurate they are but more coverage.

It is a balancing act between accuracy and coverage.

You can say that again!
a25.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_mcfn3w8akI1ro3hjco1_400.jpg
a25.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_mcfn3w8akI1ro3hjco1_400.jpg

ChrisBWJ

ChrisBWJ

Reaction score
We did a few test scans with an SE series Medit scanner and had very good results. Definitely faster than our original series scanner. And the Medits are the only scanners we've had any success scanning PVS impressions with!

Once our new SE scanner arrives, we'll be running it through some more comprehensive test scans. Will post results if anyone is interested.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
What is an "SE series" scanner Chris?

Never heard of that model, or term used by solutionix or Medit.

DS2, and CS, and CS+, etc...but no SE.

Scott

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Good for scanning bar cases, not good for regular C&B IMO.

Does look pretty good for that I guess? It's basically the same as Medit scanner, but with slightly different set-up. I don't understand the pricing. Why 2-3x the cost? Same basic componants.

ChrisBWJ

ChrisBWJ

Reaction score
It's still the Medit Identica scanner, but they made some internal changes. Units with the SE in the serial number have the new hardware.

What is an "SE series" scanner Chris?

Never heard of that model, or term used by solutionix or Medit.

DS2, and CS, and CS+, etc...but no SE.

Scott