Sirona MCXL machine mill models

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
When I receive my new 3 Shape scanner , will it be possible to receive ( and design) scans from a Sirona blue ( or red)scanner?

D

dentprof

Reaction score
Tonestar- I would purchase the system again. When we had the red system we were very close to giving up on the system. However the Blue Cam really made a huge difference in my lab. 97% of all the all-ceramic cases we receive are done on our inLab system.

D

dentprof

Reaction score
RKM RDT- From what I have seen, you can not receive designs from either inEos into 3shape. You can receive the scans from the red or blue then do the design on the 3shape. I have been told that Sirona is expanding its relationship with 3Shape, so maybe in the near future.

D

dentprof

Reaction score
I am an inLab user. Not a CEREC user. CEREC is on the clinical side. If Sirona wants to extract a pound of flesh from them its fine with me.

We are all in business to make a profit. If I can do that as well as my suppliers, manufacturers and vendors also making a profit as well, then I don't really have a problem with that.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
RKM RDT- From what I have seen, you can not receive designs from either inEos into 3shape. You can receive the scans from the red or blue then do the design on the 3shape. I have been told that Sirona is expanding its relationship with 3Shape, so maybe in the near future.

Thanks Dentprof.

If I can receive the scans then that is great news.

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Thanks Dentprof.

Another question or statement. I have an open mind but it seems most inlab users on this network wouldn't buy their system again. Maybe they have the red scanner???. As a trainer do you think you can help anyone get great results with Blue scanner and MCXL.

My question to all cerec users with the BLUE scanner and MCXL... would you buy system again? Why?Why Not????

I must admit, I have a lot of anger over the service (or lack thereof) from Patterson at the beginning. Ever since they hired a very good tech, things have been quite good, but for the first year and a half, the service was absolutely atrocious. I ran into a myriad of problems, and it took them a month to respond, only to send someone who didn't have a clue. It was extremely frustrating. Now, I get prompt and expert service, which has made a world of difference. Still, it doesn't quite erase the horror of the first year+.

If we had to choose again, we'd go with another system, but it would be because it's just not the best fit for our lab. Airtight margins are a must around here, and we use it exclusively for zirconia, so we'd be much better off with a more specialized system.

T

tonester

Reaction score
I must admit, I have a lot of anger over the service (or lack thereof) from Patterson at the beginning. Ever since they hired a very good tech, things have been quite good, but for the first year and a half, the service was absolutely atrocious. I ran into a myriad of problems, and it took them a month to respond, only to send someone who didn't have a clue. It was extremely frustrating. Now, I get prompt and expert service, which has made a world of difference. Still, it doesn't quite erase the horror of the first year+.

If we had to choose again, we'd go with another system, but it would be because it's just not the best fit for our lab. Airtight margins are a must around here, and we use it exclusively for zirconia, so we'd be much better off with a more specialized system.

Thanks for input. Sounds like you feel you could get better z margins on another system. Any thoughts on what you would purchase now?

zvac

zvac

Reaction score
tonester,

I have the Mcxl with the blue ineos scanner. Yes I would buy again. Started with the red ineos scanner and the compact inlab miller in 2005. I agree with dentprof that with the new ineos the game has changed for the better.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Tonestar- We started out with the Kavo Everest system. It was a great system just never marketed correctly. We were milling emax on it, but we were not happy with the milling time etc. Thats when we decided to look at the inLab system again. We were not really happy with the Red Camera but when the inEos Blue came out it was a total game changer. We now get great fits regardless of what type of prep the doctor provides. That along with a huge selection of materials and restoration options made it a clear choice. I would definitely do it all over again. We are producing about 15 units of emax per day on the system. Probably about 30 per day total if you count zirconium, temps and implants into the mix. We also do quite of wax printing thru the system. Hope I answered your questions.

We have been doing a lot of rapid-prototyping for Cerec owners recently and they are happy. Next day the patterns are in your lab for $2.95 each.

Are you running a printer, or using Infidinky?
3D Systems printer or envisiontec?

Scott

D

dentprof

Reaction score
We have been doing a lot of rapid-prototyping for Cerec owners recently and they are happy. Next day the patterns are in your lab for $2.95 each.

Are you running a printer, or using Infidinky?
3D Systems printer or envisiontec?

Scott[/QUOTE

Scott could you contact me with details. Thats a better rate and turn around than I'm currently getting.

My email is:
[email protected]

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm, I don't see any www.dpl-inc.com

Are you sure about that URL/email address?

An employee, "Brad", is now running that program.
He is to call you in the morn. Marc and I also work with the printer.
Any of the Three of us could help ya.

brad@*************

You want a printer for $49k?
I'm buying a couple of them on Fri.

Scott

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
update on model milling
Had an inlab group meeting with territory manager. He said roughly $5000 to upgrade your mcxl. This will allow you to mill a model in about 1.5 hrs. Where we can't get good margin on anything we mill I cant imagine the models will be any where accurate.
The "incoris tzi" which is the bruxzir material, will end up being roughly $15 per unit which is the first good thing to happen to inlab in a long time. The negative is the new software will only be milling sirona approved zirconia blocks that have the inlab logo engraved on them because all the other generics are so damaging to the machine. So users may want to keep a version of 3.8 software downloaded to use a cost friendly zirconia.
The highlight of the night was when rep was telling all the new things the software will be able to do in a year or so, I was thinking that 3shape, dentalwings, delcam and many more have been doing those thoings for years now and I was too polite to point that out when another lab guy said "Sounds like your describing 3shape." You're two years behind the times Sirona and by the time that software is available you'll be three years behind!! Thanks for finally catching on though.

Yoda

Yoda

Reaction score
Just installed my demo 3Shape.

WOW, what a difference from Sirona!!!

I feel that Sirona has left not only themselves, but myself behind and now I have to catch up while I still can. And this won't happen waiting for them to over promise/ under deliver upgrades, updates and new materials.

Saving my pennies for a 3Shape for sure!!!!!!!!

The only thing Sirona is worried about the generic blocks damaging is their wallet.
Thanks for the warning, RileyS

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Yoda, did you demo the 3shape to mill with the inlab mill? My boss just told me we won't be getting the $5000 dongle to allow milling, so I'm stuck with the crappy red cam...unless it mysteriously falls off the bench and breaks!!!

D

dentprof

Reaction score
Hmmm, I don't see any www.dpl-inc.com

Are you sure about that URL/email address?

An employee, "Brad", is now running that program.
He is to call you in the morn. Marc and I also work with the printer.
Any of the Three of us could help ya.

brad@*************

You want a printer for $49k?
I'm buying a couple of them on Fri.

Scott

Scott- The website is not set-up yet. However the e-mail does work. What type of printer are you selling/buying?

Mike

Yoda

Yoda

Reaction score
Yoda, did you demo the 3shape to mill with the inlab mill? My boss just told me we won't be getting the $5000 dongle to allow milling, so I'm stuck with the crappy red cam...unless it mysteriously falls off the bench and breaks!!!

LOL, I feel your pain.

My understanding is that you can scan only with the 3Shape and then still have to design with InLab. I would like to scan AND design with 3Shape and then mill on the inLab. No luck yet!

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Thanks for input. Sounds like you feel you could get better z margins on another system. Any thoughts on what you would purchase now?

Well, so far I've got a look at the Cercon, E4D, and zirkonzahn systems, and looking into the datron mills. We also have the old etkon, which will be upgraded to the new machine soon, so I should have a better idea about that as well.

Cercon was economical, but I wasn't very impressed with the fit. E4D has nice software, but it's nearly identical to sirona in that it's a closed system with exclusive materials, and it didn't have zirconia capability at that time (should be available now though). They of course didn't show how well the final restoration fit, which isn't a good sign.

Zirkonzahn was by far the most impressive of the bunch. The machine makes inlab look like a toy. It has a variety of carbide burrs available (actively uses 3) including burrs as small as 0.3mm. The fit was quite impressive, on a "real-world" type prep, but it was one that had been fitted already, so I don't know how much effort was put into fitting it in. Software allows you to set the margin incredibly accurately, and with 0.3" burrs and a full 5 axis milling capability, it certainly does seem to have the capability to mill out accurate margins.

The big drawback to the system is the total lack of local support. The guy had to get it through customs himself, and only has long range support through phone or computer. He even has to do repairs himself, though the machine is fully modular and apparently it's fairly straight forward to change parts. (this is the one we're seriously considering, btw)

Datron looks like an amazing machine, with full automation and ability to mill titanium. Expensive, but man, this thing is sexy. Haven't seen it in person, though, so don't have much to add.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I stopped at the E4D table in Chicago this past Feb to check out the fits of their crowns......NOT ONE TO BE SEEN.......They had one solid model with the crowns on it.. No dies with crowns.........Unbelievable.....

D

dentprof

Reaction score
just a thought but maybe Glidewell did not want the Bruxzir name associated with units milled on inlab mills?? wonder why that could be..

It turns out that Glidewell did want Sirona to label the blocks as BruxZir. Sirona decided to label it as inCoris TZI due to being involved in an international market. It seems that the "BruxZir" brand is really only popular in the United States. Consequently, Sirona thought it might work better to label the blocks for the international market and world wide sales. Even though it is labeled inCoris TZI it is BruxZir material manufactured for Sirona by Glidewell. Thus, all inLab users will be licensed BruxZir Labs. They will be able to use all the information and marketing materials made available from Glidewell for BruxZir.

I can't wait to get my hands on it!

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Absolutely, It's the best boat anchor I ever used:(
Total waist of $$$$$$$$$$$$