HELP Roland Mill Noise on 52D

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Hi All,

What do you think this noise is coming from, Spindle or the bars/arms that help the spindle move position? It's a Roland Mill 52D, i am attaching a link below please have a look at the video and comment what do you think the noise is. Do you think this is normal? It does not make any noise on other machine same brand. I sent videos recording through our dealer Argen to Roland Tech. They say it is normal, and denied service. I was only requesting a tech to come in and diagnose the noise/sound, but to me it is not normal also it only about 4 months old, the other two are a year and atleast 9months maybe. If it is normal it will be the same on the other two mill (52Dci and 52D with C-Clamp model),but which is quiet.

Please download the video and leave a comment on what you think the noise is. Should i be worried or leave as it is.

My previous experience with Roland, the first month of buying the 52DCi, the mill will not communicate with the Suction Unit, i told them it is the port problem, they will not acknowledge what i said, but i kept telling them it is the port problem. It is indeed the port problem, tech came in and replace the board and it worked again perfectly. But it took them 3 months just to replace the board. Not very happy with their slow service.

VIDEO DOWNLOAD LINK HERE

Thank you in advance
Hmarsants

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
I say spindle, bad bearing(s)? It sounds like a table saw. With an electric spindle that unit should be very quiet, as you know. It doesn't make any noise getting the disc into position. Can you see the spindle moving or increase in speed and the noise also at that point? I do not own a Roland mill, so this is just my guess.

T

tyjthomas

Reaction score
Not a technician but seems to be when the spindle is ramping up more than moving. I’d check and make sure the spindle, belt, and stuff are in the correct place.