Sirona MCXL machine mill models

G

green916

Reaction score
Sirona rep just came to my office. They are coming out with BruxZir block for MCXL machine in May. Soon they will sell the blocks to mill models ($7 per block). Take an hour to mill one model. Only work with MCXL and got to pay $3K to upgrade for model milling. Also new software will be released soon.

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Gheez, how many new dongles can they invent anyway?

I think most guys are all dongled out by now, ya think?

Good luck trying to filter out all that waste in the Micky-Mouse filter system in the bottom of the mill.

Complete Waste of time and $$!

Do you see anyone else trying to mill models?

No profit on the fast big mills. Complete fail on little mill.

You would need an employee to stand by the mill to empty/change the filter every hour.

Way to go Sirona!! Bravo!

Last edited:
doug

doug

Reaction score
so how much do you expect to charge the docs for those models?

G

green916

Reaction score
I don't own an mcxl nor plan on buying one. Just passing along what I know. An hour to mill a model is a nightmare

DMC

DMC

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the post greeny!:)

Keep'em coming.

Scott

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Is Glidewell making it or is it something from a Sirona approved source, they're quite the sticklers when it comes to using some other evil company's supplies. But if THE BRUXZIR is selling those blocks for $7 bucks then sign me up.
And model milling? I've always guessed they don't use any actual techs to help with new updates and this proves it.

G

green916

Reaction score
The blocks to mill models is $7 not the bruxzir. I think each model with upper and lower quadrant would fit in one block and maybe bit more. They don't know about price of bruxzir yet but will come in May with more software upgrades that would allow to stack mill models. The catch is you got to pay $3000 upgrades to your mcxl to mill models. Quality of model don't look too great compared to what I seen from 3d systems.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
The 3k upgrade is for the new motors to be installed to mill the models?

Im not aware of any more dongle as of yet, the software for making the models is already in the 3.85 update.

Still a stupid idea.

Thanks for the update info, any more then please keep it comming.

Last edited:
Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Is Glidewell making it or is it something from a Sirona approved source, they're quite the sticklers when it comes to using some other evil company's supplies. But if THE BRUXZIR is selling those blocks for $7 bucks then sign me up.
And model milling? I've always guessed they don't use any actual techs to help with new updates and this proves it.

Glidewell is manufacturing the BruxZir blocks for them, but they are NOT calling it BruxZir. It's the stupidest plan on the planet. Bonehead move.

The hottest product in the history of dentistry and they aren't capitalizing on the name.

BUT, it just goes to show that regular zirconia doesn't cut the mustard. The patented BruxZir block is worlds different from the other materials, or they would just repackage the other stuff.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
just a thought but maybe Glidewell did not want the Bruxzir name associated with units milled on inlab mills?? wonder why that could be..

D

dentprof

Reaction score
Glidewell is the Manufacturer of the new blocks. While the blocks are distributed through Patterson Dental and labeled by Sirona, all Sirona inLab users will be licensed BruxZir Laboratories. Thus they are entitled to use the BruxZir name and all the marketing materials that Glidewell provides.

What is really great is that we don't have to make huge investments into new machines that are just one-trick-ponies. Most of the mills that are being marketed produce just zirconium. Whats going to happen when the market becomes saturated with labs doing this type of crown. I see some manufactures offering to do milling at $25 or less per unit. My guess is that they will be cutting each others throats to try and pay for their investments.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
DentProf:

Not to doubt you but is this 100% sure?

If inlab users can indeed use the BruxZir name then that is big.

D

dentprof

Reaction score
That is 101% for sure. I am an inLab Trainer/Advocate and received the info from "the horses mouth" if you will.

Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
That is 101% for sure. I am an inLab Trainer/Advocate and received the info from "the horses mouth" if you will.

The Sirona/BruxZir blocks will have the BruxZir logo on them. It will be sort of like the "Intel Inside" promotion. Sirona just wants to make sure they get a pound of flesh from the Cerec guys by marking up the blocks.

That must get old.

T

tonester

Reaction score
Hi Dent prof. Do you own any other cad cam systems? How are your emax millings with cerec? Would you purchase your cerec machine again if you could only own one system and do it all over?

Yoda

Yoda

Reaction score
Whats the price gonna be?

I bet lots(glidewell) and lots(sirona) and lots(patterson)

GREAT!:mad:

After I give them ALL money, maybe there will be a penny left for me???

Waiting anxiously for my 3Shape Demo to arrive today so I won't have to deal with Sirona or Patterson again!
:D:D:D

D

dentprof

Reaction score
Tonestar- We started out with the Kavo Everest system. It was a great system just never marketed correctly. We were milling emax on it, but we were not happy with the milling time etc. Thats when we decided to look at the inLab system again. We were not really happy with the Red Camera but when the inEos Blue came out it was a total game changer. We now get great fits regardless of what type of prep the doctor provides. That along with a huge selection of materials and restoration options made it a clear choice. I would definitely do it all over again. We are producing about 15 units of emax per day on the system. Probably about 30 per day total if you count zirconium, temps and implants into the mix. We also do quite of wax printing thru the system. Hope I answered your questions.

D

dentprof

Reaction score
Yoda- From what I have been told the price per single unit block will be around $17 to $20. That should give a decent amount of space for profit.

My experience with Sirona and Patterson have been favorable to say the least. I like the fact that there are no yearly license fees or maintenance (service) costs. The 3 year warranty on parts and labor has kept me well covered.

T

tonester

Reaction score
Thanks Dentprof.

Another question or statement. I have an open mind but it seems most inlab users on this network wouldn't buy their system again. Maybe they have the red scanner???. As a trainer do you think you can help anyone get great results with Blue scanner and MCXL.

My question to all cerec users with the BLUE scanner and MCXL... would you buy system again? Why?Why Not????