Sirona MCXL machine mill models

harmonylab

harmonylab

Reaction score
Both the Blue and the Red are far outside of Dentistry in terms of accuracy.

I would feel like a d1ck promoting such a POS. That's just me.

The very fisrt Lava scanner has a resolution of around 4uM.

Laser scanners cannot touch this. The new Nobel scanner is very close and I am very impressed by the scan data.

The redcam is 25uM or something, and I wonder if it's even that accurate. The bluecam is more accurate, but with Sirona's claimed accuracy of inlab being only 20uM (1mm diamond burrs aren't great for accuracy either),I wonder how much that really matters. At least it's more accurate than the mill now.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
Reading through these opinions i think it serves to highlight the biggest issue with this system which is.. its so damn finicky and model independent that NO ONE i know can get a proper handle on it.

One lot of parameters for one machine give different results to the next, calibration issues, etc..etc..

It dosent help that a ton of people come out with bull**** about the results there getting either.

Harmony and a few others say Zirconia sucks..but im getting very good fits with it (maybe this is due to the brand of zirconia being used also??)
Just did a 4 unit implant bridge today 3 abutments and a pontic, and tbh the fit was pretty damn good..way better than the cercon system we have, all margins were closed (at least by eye) and zero fitting down.

Done quite a few FC zirconia crowns now also and all minimal adjustment and very good margins, AND snug fits.

Its the glass thats the issue for me (and the cadwax and cadtemp that dont even mill due to the burs),which is the reason we bought it, already had a cercon system for zirconia, and the distributor knew this!

I bought this system for cad/cam consistency but the problem is each system is so different from the next that hardly anyone can make it work!, what consistancy? its as inconsistant as two different techs doing the job manually.

nothing to do with lack of training for me, i joint CEREC doctors at a cost of 400 bucks for the year, and sucked the site dry of every video, technique and bit of info, and theres a heck of alot of it, from so called experts and beta testers.

200+ hours and a few lost accounts later.. its a doozie.

Maybe i will reach the mythical state of zen with MY machine one day:flypig:

Last edited:
Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson

Reaction score
Its the glass thats the issue for me (and the cadwax and cadtemp that dont even mill due to the burs),which is the reason we bought it, already had a cercon system for zirconia, and the distributor knew this!

I bought this system for cad/cam consistency but the problem is each system is so different from the next that hardly anyone can make it work!, what consistancy? its as inconsistant as two different techs doing the job manually.

Maybe i will reach the mythical state of zen with MY machine one day:flypig:

The problem as I see it, is that the system has been sold as the ultimate Swiss Army knife of dental mills and it's just not so. It does a whole lot of things, and only one or two of them it does very well.

Believe me, I wouldn't have 8 milling machines in here if I could buy one that did everything!